Birthday Party

Flower Boyz Cafe

 

 

 

Characters: Eric, Ha Naeun (o/c) and special appearance by The Boyz members
Brief descriptions: When the members forget his birthday, someone come and save him from despair.

Happy Birthday, Eric!
 




"Good morning!" Eric came out from the room with a big smile pasted on his face. He looked around but no one greets him. Haknyeon, Sunwoo and Hwall is playing video games without him. Juyeon and Sangyeon is busy cooking in the kitchen for their breakfast. Jacob and Kevin is always busy their guitar; probably composing a new song. New and Q? Probably in their room watching latest performance videos from any idol groups. Hyunjae and Younghoon... They must be in their own dreamland now.

He has 11 not biological brothers here but no one wish him for a happy birthday? What a jerk? He gave up on waiting and join the three brothers for a video game, "Let me play too," Eric said. Hwall saw he's coming and quickly pass the controller to Eric. They played it for few minutes before Juyeon and Sangyeon called them for breakfast.

There's a long line infront of Eric, waiting for the moment to take a sit. Younghoon and Hyunjae who was sleeping in room just now surprisingly at the most front of the line. How can they ever be there? And there's Eric as the last person in the line. Since he's maknae in the group, he thought it will be rude to be in front but he managed to pass a glare to Ju Haknyeon who was standing behind Hyunjae.

As all of them already take a sit, Eric looked at the menu, there's no seaweed soup nor his favourite food today. He sighed, "Don't sigh infront of food Eric," New said when he heard the boy sighed. Eric looked at New and nodded his head.

"Okay, guys, eat this and then we need to go to practice room. It's going to be a long day so eat a lot." Juyeon as a leader gave some advice to the boys before they started to eat their food.

"Thank you for the food," The other 11 boys said simultaneously and started to dig their food. The food finished within 10 minutes with no leftover in the plate. Eric barely eat anything other than the rice in his bowl as he felt that his first birthday with members after debut going to be the worst birthday ever.

Yeah, he knows they're busy with schedules and on. He didn't expect for the members to hold a birthday party for him. Just a simple happy birthday wish would do. At least he knows, he exists in the group. 

After they're done with eating, all of them take turns for shower and as usual, Eric would be the last member since he's the youngest anyway, "Eric, hurry up, we might be late for practice," Hyunjae shouted as he put on his shoes. 

"Almost done," Eric replied with a shout also. Eric came out from the toilet just to see no one is around. All of them left him alone in the dorm? What the hell... Eric entered his room and could let out a relief sigh when he saw Sunwoo in the room, "Aren't you going yet?" Eric asked.

Sunwoo shook his head, "Hyung told me to wait for you," He said, "Hurry up, we might be late," Sunwoo said and get out from the room to give space for Eric to change his outfit to a better one; even if he doesn't need to so though.

"What a worst birthday ever," He muttered under his breath but could be heard by Sunwoo who was about to leave the room.
 

🌸🌸🌸
 

"For today, we need to practice both Boys and I'm Your Boy since we will be having special stage next week on Show Champion," Sangyeon gave a brief introduction on what they're going to do today, "We might also need to practice Walkin' In Time as well," He continued his words.

All the members nodded in agree but there's an obvious sad expression pasted on Eric's face, "Eric, are you okay?" Haknyeon put his arm around his shoulders, "You look so down today," Haknyeon claimed and passed a smile to the boy.

How can you smile when you forget my birthday? He sighed, "Nothing," He said and started to do some warming up before dance.

They dance for 3 hours straight, the boys already lost their breath. All of them had themselves lying on the floor and tried to catch a breath; they could feel there's not enough oxygen in the room as the oxygen need to be share with 12 boys in the room.

"I'm going to toilet," Eric said and leave the practice room. All the members looked at each other as they could hear Eric said it without formality to them when obviously they're all older than him.

"Is there anything wrong with our maknae today?" Sangyeon, the mediator asked.

Sunwoo smiled, "It's his birthday today," He said and all the boys frowned, "What? Oh my God, don't tell me that hyungs forget about his birthday?" Sunwoo's eyes widened as he said that.

"I think," Hyunjae put his fingers under his chin, "I forget about it..." He lowered his voice as he said that.

All of the boys was spacing out at the moment, how can they ever forget their members' birthday for God sake? That's so ridiculous... "Then what are we going to do now?" Sangyeon asked the members when obviously he needs to give the answer. All of the members stayed silent, "Okay, Younghoon, Hyunjae, New and Q go and buy for cake. Hwall, Kevin, Haknyeon and Sunwoo just go and grabbed some favourite things of Eric. Juyeon, Jacob and me, we would go and discuss with managers about it." Sangyeon knows at the end it's him who needs to settle the problem. The struggle of being a role of dad for 11 boys.

All of them nodded their head and took their own position. One by one the members leave the practice room; and at the end, leaving no one in the room. Eric who has settled his work in toilet came back to the room to see no one but, "Ha Naeun?" He couldn't help himself but smiled to see the girl, "What are you doing here?" He asked as he approached the girl.

Naeun. Ha Naeun. Eric's girl best-friend since they're kids. Naeun is also a trainee at the same company as Eric since both of their dreams are to be an idol and be on the same stage. But unfortunately, Naeun's debut need to be delayed by few years and Eric debuted first as a member of The Boyz.

Naeun showed the cake she has been holding onto in her hand, "To celebrate your birthday?" She said and smiled, "But where's the other members?" Naeun asked when she noticed that the practice room is empty.

Eric sighed, "Never ever mention about them," He pouted, "Seems like they forget my birthday," He said.

"Ey, no way they would forget your birthday," Naeun said as she put the cake down below and join Eric who sits on the floor. But there's no change in Eric's expression as she said that, "Seriously?" Eric nodded his head, "How can they do this to my boyfriend?!" Naeun crossed her arms.

Eric managed to smile because of the girl infront of him, "You're so cute, you know that?" Eric pinched both of the girl cheeks causing the girl to pout, "But wait, boyfriend? Wow, since when we declare?" He laughed.

Naeun scratched her head, "Did I say boyfriend?" She blushed, "I mean my best-friend. That's what I'm supposed to say right?" She smiled as Eric smiled.

"Well, I don't mind if you want to be my girlfriend," He whispered the words into the girl's ears causing her to blush even more, "Wow, your cheeks look like an apple," Eric teased the girl.

She hit his arms lightly, "Yah, stop it," Naeun hide her face behind her tiny hand. Damn, how can she ever hide her feelings toward Eric? Obviously the girl has been liking him since the first time they met each other but Naeun thought it's better for them to stay as friend because of their works.

"I think we need to come back later," Hyunjae said a little bit loud causing both of Naeun and Eric to turn their head and looked at the door, "Damn," Hyunjae and the other boys who was actually spying on them for how long; they wasn't sure, startled when Eric noticed their existence. Hyunjae at the bottom of the castle lost his balance and ended up on the floor; the other boys followed him like a domino.

The cake that Q held before end up joining them on the floor, "The cake," Q is so close to tears to see that the cake they bought didn't look like a cake anymore.

Eric frowned his eyebrows, "Hyung, what are you doing there?" He asked but formed a smile when he saw the cake. They didn't forget my birthday, at the very least. 

"We want to do a surprise birthday party for you," Younghoon explained, "But seems like there's someone who was one step faster than us," The other three boys turned their eyes to Naeun who sits infront of Eric with an obvious red cheeks on her face.

Naeun giggled, "Well I think I need to go," She could sense the situation now. Eric does needs to celebrate it with s as well. 

When she was about to leave, Eric grabbed her wrist, "Can't you just stay here, with me?" He begged her as he pouted.

"Naeun, just stay here, or else Eric might cry later," New said.

After a few minutes, the other boys come with stuff in their hand. All of them were shocked to see a cake splattered on the floor but tried to act cool with it since it's the hyungs who bought it, so they couldn't really complain.

But that moment Sangyeon entered the room, "Who ruin the cake?" Sangyeon asked and all the fingers pointed out to Q.

Q who felt unfair then whined, "It's Hyunjae hyung," He said.

"Oh, Naeun, hi," Sangyeon noticed the present of the only girl in the room, "Bet you come here to celebrate Eric's birthday," He smiled as if he welcome the girl.

Naeun nodded her head, "Because I heard that oppa forgot about his birthday," Naeun teased the other members.

"Ey, how can we forget about his birthday?" Juyeon tried to hide the fact that they're actually forget their maknae's birthday.

Sunwoo rolled his eyes as he heard that, "It's true okay that we forget his birthday," He claimed.

"Do you need to ruin the mood like that?" Haknyeon chokes Sunwoo who looks ing innocent when he said that.

Eric laughed looking at their members' sillt behaviour, "Thank you," He said to the members.

"Everything for our youngest member," Jacob said and ruffled the boy's hair.

Naeun giggled upon the action, "You really look like the youngest here," She said.

"I am the youngest, Ha Naeun," Eric passed a glare to Naeun who was having fun looking at how the hyungs treated him like a child.

"By the way, since when you guys has been dating?" Hwall who stayed quiet suddenly asked a crucial question.

"We're not dating," Both of Eric and Naeun shouted it in unison. All the members nodded their head, "It's true," Again, they said it together.

"Naeun, stop copying my word!" 

"You're the one who was copying my word!" 

The members laughed, "Okay, now who's going to clean up the mess?" Sangyeon pointed out to the poor cake on the floor. All the members said 'Ji Changmin' simultaneously causing the boy to pout again as if he's saying it's unfair.

 

[1953 words]