Countless Chances

Flower Boyz Cafe

 

 

 

Characters: Kevin, Nam Joohyun (o/c)
Brief descriptions: After Joohyun broke up with Kevin, she promised herself that she would never let the boy get into her heart, again.

 


 

"I told you this is the last time I could ever tolerate with you, Kevin." She throwed the flowers onto the ground and walked away from the boy.

Okay, look. She will be fine if he's late on a normal date, but today it is ing their 3rd anniversary. If he ever had a reasonable reason, maybe she could just let it pass by. But the only reason he gave her was, `Sorry, I woke up late.` Huh, is he making a joke? What a real joke, right when he spent his whole day yesterday playing the playstation games.

It was still fine if he late for 5 minutes or even half an hour but he only come after she called him which was 3 hours later than the actual time. Give a reason like why she shouldn't get mad at him?

And it's not the first time, he ever did that. It has been countless of time. She probably being stood up for more than 100 times as of now.

People could say that she's stupid because she still keep giving him chances after being stood up for numerous times. And yes, she admits it. How stupid she was when she had a thought that the boy might change somedays and be a better person? She never knows she had that kind of thinking back then. Maybe it was too late for her to realize it as its already 3 years since they started dating but whatever, better late than never.

To be honest, she was tired too. Being stood up wasn't a good thing. Especially when you will suddenly catch a cold because the weather on that day was freaking cold. Uh, it .

And it always look like that she's the only one who tried to make an effort to keep their relationship. It was only her who needs him by her side. He never cares about her. But what should she do about it when she loves the boy more than anything.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

"Sorry, I'm late." He took a sit on the chair as he grasped for air looked like he has been running along his way here.

She looked at him with no expression on her face. She didn't know what exactly she feels right now. Mad? Sad? Or actually she was glad that the boy actually come even if he was late by more than an hour.

"Um." She replied.

"Are you mad, Joohyun?" He asked as he grabbed her hand that was put on the table.

Joohyun then turned her attention to the guy who was sitting in front of him. She passed a slight smile as she stared at him. She could say that she was mad but she chose to stay quiet. She knows that the boy has his own reason he was late. But why she never asks him about his reason?

Because she trusts him.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

It has been a week since Joohyun last talk with the boy. Even if she was in the same school and even in the same class with him, she would just simply ignore the boy everytime he makes an attempt to talk to her. She would either pretend she has work to do or she needs a sleep.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

"Joohyun, are you okay?" He asked concernedly when he saw the girl put her head on the table as if she's sick.

Joohyun didn't respond to the question and just blankly stared at the whiteboard before said "Minah, wait for me." She stand up and walked away from the boy.

Kevin sighed as he knows, she was just trying to avoid herself from him.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

Kevin was walking alone along the empty street. It looks peaceful as all the shops already closed as it's passed midnight. He used to have Joohyun by his side everytime he walks; but not anymore. There's no one beside him and he's alone, walking along the road.

Suddenly, he saw a familiar figure from afar and she looks like.... Nam Joohyun? He took a peek towards the watch on his wrist. The clock strikes 12:30am. Okay, why the hell Joohyun is there? Am I seeing things because I miss her so much? He closed his eyes for 5 seconds before opened it back. And the result; she was still there. She was real. Not a hallucination.

He slowly make his way to the girl and when he sured that the girl is really real, he approached her. The girl was looking at her leg, trying to stand up but everytime she did that, she failed. Kevin frowned. Did she perhaps hurt her leg? He thought. What a clumsy girl, he shook his head.

"Nam Joohyun, are you okay?" He asked while bending his knees to check on the girl.

"What are you doing here?" She startled when she saw Kevin but feel glad at the same time because at least, there's someone who could help her. Wait, is he ever going to help me after I dumped him?

"Leave me alone." Everyone knows she didn't mean that words but she still mad at him. She couldn't do anything about it.

"How can I leave you alone when you were hurting here?" He said in an annoying tone. He couldn't believe that Joohyun would stick to her ego even if she's suffering right now. He knows she was mad at him but hell, how could he leave her alone when he knows she's in a bad condition? What a bad boy he could be, he sighed.

The girl slightly smiled but didn't show it to the boy as she didn't want the boy to see that she's actually glad that he's here to help her.

At least, I know that you still care about me. She forcefully shove the thought away. Nam Joohyun. remember that you're still mad at him. And forever will.

He checked on the girl and he could see the girl's leg swollen. It looks pretty bad as of now. It looks like she has been here since half an hour ago. Oh God, why the Nam Joohyun would make herself in danger? It's so not like her. She will usually call him on the spot if anything happened but she's not. Okay, wait. He broke up with the girl. That's why.

But to be honest, they didn't even know... The real status between two of them. They never said they wanted a break up. Just... It's left hanging without any answer.

"Look, your leg is swollen." He panicked.

"Why would you even care?" She muttered alone in hope that the boy didn't hear what she said.

"Stupid! Of course I do care about you, Nam Joohyun!" He said halfly-shouted.

"Just leave me alone, Kevin." She tried to look strong in front of the boy by make herself to stand on her leg and surprisingly she could do it. Wow, she has been trying to stand up for the past 30 minutes and failed. And when the boy is here in front of him, she success miraculously. This is nonsense.

"No, I won't." He grabbed the girl's shoulders as he wanted to help her walking. The girl tried to avoid it but failed when she almost fell; trying to take a step further from the boy.

"Don't move, Nam Joohyun!!!" He shouted right to the girl's ears.

She was shaking. She didn't know that Kevin will actually screamed at her... That's effin scary. She wanted to run away from this guy. She didn't want to be with him. But she couldn't even walk, what about running?

A bead of tears started running down her cheeks without her realized. Kevin startled when he saw the tears. He panicked. He didn't know what to do. Slowly, he put his fingers on her cheeks and wiped it.

"Shhh, don't cry. I'm sorry, okay?" Joohyun removed his hand from her cheeks and wiped the tears by herself.

"Go away. I hate you." She mumbled and sobbing at the same time.

"I know you didn't mean that, Joohyun." He hold onto her both hands. Then, he turned his body around before saying, "Jump on."

Joohyun stared at him blankly. What is he trying to do? She thought.

Kevin then tried to reach Joohyun's hand and when he got it, he put her hands on his shoulders before started to piggyback her.

Joohyun who was startled by the action, screamed a little bit when she felt her body slowly rising up from the ground. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Do you expect for me to let you walk with your swollen leg?" He said in a slow tone. He looks more calm than before. Maybe he was scared if Joohyun ever cried in front of him again.

To be honest, that was the first time he ever saw the girl's tears. He never see she cried for the 3 years they spent their time together; not even once. And he actually amused, how strong the girl could be till she never let a single bead of her tears fall in front of him when he did a lot of mistakes to her? Opps, yeah. He could admit that he did a lot of mistakes towards the girl; without he realized.

"Whatever." Joohyun gave up as she knows whatever she says and do right now, Kevin won't let her go. She knows him well enough.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

"Where am I?" Slowly she opened her eyes and she barely could open it as there's a bright light right in front of her eyes.

"Are you awake?" She could hear a familiar voice talking to her.

"Wait," She stopped and tried to focus her eyes on the guy. "What are you doing here?" She startled.

"Joohyun, I'm the one who brought you home. Don't you remember?" Kevin asked.

"No, why are you even here? Get out!" She shouted.

"But Joohyun---"

"I said get out!!!!!!!"

Kevin gave up and leave the girl behind in her room.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

Wait, am I dreaming? What was that? Why am I screaming at Kevin like a crazy girl? Woah, tell me that I'm still normal. But it's real right? That I actually screamed to him asking him to leave... Whatever probably that's the best thing to do now, since I don't even need him here. But wait, he's the one who brought me home? Why am I supposed to be with him? There's no reason for me to be with him though... Okay this is getting weird. I'm having a headache.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

"Are you awake?" She heard a voice as she opened her eyes.

Wait, that's Kevin's...... Okay stop it, it was not scary at all.

"What are you doing here?" Joohyun bluntly asked.

"Um, here." Kevin passed a bouquet of flower and obviously the girl wouldn't look impressed when receive it.

"What is this?" She refused to accept it.

"Flower?" Kevin raised his left eyebrows.

"Why would you give me that? Remember, we have nothing anymore." She wasn't really meant her words.

Kevin stared at her like he was hoping that the girl could actually take her words back.

"What?" She said when she realized that Kevin gave her unusual looks.

Kevin shook his head and smiled. "It's okay. You need to rest. Call me if you need anything."

He walked away from the girl slowly make himself out from the room. Before he leave, he turned his head towards the girl and passed a slight smile to her in hope that the girl will forgive him with what he had done. Even he knows, he didn't deserve a forgiveness as the girl already held it in for too long... And it's just him who was too stupid; keep doing the same mistakes over and over again.

"Why would I call you?" She muttered alone but then she stopped. Am I being too rude to him? Afterall, he's the one who helped me yesterday. Um, whatever. She could feel that her leg was screaming when she tried to get her body up from the bed. "Ouch. The , how long should I stay on bed?" She let out a really deep sigh.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

It has been a week since the accident and Joohyun still laying on her bed as usual. But fortunately, her leg getting better day by day and she could finally walk without any help from her siblings and parents. Okay, it's not her family who helps her with her daily needs. It's him. Kevin. Kevin would come to her house every single day after he had done with school. Sometimes, he even skipped his class just to accompany her at home.

Countless of times, Nam Joohyun would tell him to stop coming and taking care of her cause... She's ing sick to see the boy's face everyday. How is she supposed to move on when she saw the boy's face everyday? She sighed.

But of course, Kevin would never listen to her words. He kept coming, coming and coming till the point that Joohyun gave up... She's giving up on telling the boy to go away. She will just simply ignore the boy everytime he tried to help her. Uh, is that even working? Obviously no...

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

"Joohyun, look at what I bought for you." He showed a plastic bag towards the girl as he put his left leg in the room.

Joohyun passed a glare to the boy before turning her attention to the plastic bag. She gulped.

"I know you're going to like it." He giggled and took a sit beside the girl who was lying on the bed.

Joohyun pretended to close her eyes as if she didn't see anything from the boy. That's when she could feel someone was breathing on her face. She slowly opened her eyes and could see Kevin right in front of her face. Then, he cheekily put his lips onto her lips for maybe... 0.1 second.

She startled by the action and quickly put both of her palms on . Her eyes widen to the maximum size. "What------ What are you----" She couldn't finish her words.

"Just." He raised both of his eyebrows and smiled, showing the tiny dimple on his right cheeks.

"I miss you." He muttered.

Joohyun slowly put her hand down and looked at Kevin with her left eyebrows raised. "Um."

"Look, I know I was wrong."

"So?"

"I'm sorry." He begged.

"That's all?"

"I know... You wouldn't ever forgive me with what I did to you but I couldn't lie to myself that I still need you in my life. Yeah, I know I was a jerk before; but I'm trying, Joohyun. I'm trying really hard to change myself."

She just hummed.

"It's kind of stupid, huh, thinking that you're going to forgive me?" He scratched his head.

"I didn't say that I won't forgive you." Joohyun simply said.

"What?" Kevin automatically smiled as he heard that.

Joohyun refused to say anything more. She chose to stay quiet.

"Look, just tell me, who wouldn't get mad if her boyfriend late on their 3rd anniversary and the only reason he gave was he's sleeping? God, whoever still stay after that, she's a total stupid girl." She paused, "Okay, stop it. I don't want to talk about this." She sighed.

"But why? You still love me right?"

"Obviously I am... But you know Kevin, I am a human too. I know how the feels of getting tired by someone even if you love that someone so much. I'm tired, Kevin. I'm sorry."

"No, I will never let you go. I promise I will change."

"How can I ever believe your words again? It has been countless of times I heard that word coming out from your mouth."

"I promise, I will, Nam Joohyun."

"Prove it to me."

Kevin then slowly leaned his body towards the girl which made the distance between two of them just 5cm away.

"What are you doing?" Joohyun quickly cupped .

Kevin put his hand on the girl's hand; slowly put it down, he stared right into girl's eyes. He promised to himself he will never hurt this girl ever again, he would rather die than not having the girl by his side. Kevin's eyes then slowly went towards her cherry-coloured lips.

"I promise. You could believe in me." He put his lips on her lips and this time, Joohyun didn't say anything about it and eventually enjoyed the kiss.

Maybe. Maybe I should just give him a second chance. Even it's not really a second chance...

 

[2769 words]