one

Life Lessons

Why did nothing ever work out for me or go the way I wanted it too? Was I that much of a bad person that I didn't deserve a chance? Apparently so.|
My mom transfered me because of the problems I was having at school but they had just followed me to this one instead, not that I would tell her of course. She had been so happy when I had been accepted that I didn't have the heart to tell her that I hated it, and then my father would go on about money, I swear that was all he cared about.
I sighed and rolled my eyes as I got ready for another day. Why was I even bothering? My parents should just give up on me and focus on my little sister, she was the clever one in the family.
I told my mom this and her respnse was always the same sterotypical nonsense like 'you're both equally clever' or 'you're clever in your own way' yeah right okay mom.
The truth was, I hated everything about school, I was your average grl that no one ever really bothered with...or so I thought at least. Boy was I wrong, and really wrong.
'Hey nerd where ya going?' a voice laughed, I sighed and turned around.
'Annyeong HyeJin' I said
'Did you do my homework like I asked?' she said and I handed her her books.
'Yanno I'm not that smart, there are plenty of others you could ask to do it for you'
She patted my shoulder a little too hard 'but we always have so much fun' she smiled a sickly sweet fake smile and she flicked through the work 'this better all be correct'
'Guess you'll just have to wait and see won't you'
'Are you talking back to me?' she shoved me hard against the lockers which made my glasses slip from my nose onto the floor, then I heard a crunch which meant that HyeJin had stepped on them which meant my mom would be mad at me, all because because I had to help the popular girl with her work. I wasn't even that clever, I always only passed any exam barely and I was always confused in class. What was the point?
So I decided to leave, no one would miss me.

I wondered around the city, it was weird being here when it looked so empty, everyone was either in work or school in the middle of the day.
Maybe I could get a job instead, I sighed, I was only seventten...no one was going to want to hire a teenager.
So I was stuck.
I wondered the steeets on my own until a police lady came up to me.
'Shouldn't you be in school miss?' she asked me.

I shrugged 'probably' I replied 'so what?'
'Come with me, I'll take you back' she said
'No thanks' I smiled and walked away.
I kept walking until I came to a river and sat down on the bank.
My phone rang and showed my mom's number, I ignored it.
I stayed by the river until it was time to go and catch the last bus home.