epilogue

complexity.

 

Tapping to the beat of SHINEE’s new song blasting through the speakers, she looked around but there was no sight of her girlfriend. In her Volvo sedan car, she got her driving license three months ago. With advice from her mother, Hayoung has grown confident to drive alone. She glanced at her phone that was buzzing with several messages from her superior and rolled her eyes. She silenced it and returned to look out at the window.

 

The girl grinned from ear-to-ear as she met eyes with her girlfriend. It had been so long since they last met and now, they are finally reunited. Quickly getting out, Hayoung greeted her with a quick peck on the lips.

 

“Welcome back babe.” Hayoung cooed, eyes all on her.

 

“Really? I told you that I can take the cab home, why did you come? I don’t want you to skip your job!”

 

Hayoung pouted. “And that’s the first thing you say after not seeing me in three months? Don’t you miss me?”

 

Her girlfriend giggled, falling for her charms. “Of course I do, silly.” She kissed her supple lips back. “Now that I’m here, we can do everything that we’ve missed together.” She whispered.

 

Hayoung couldn’t stop smiling as her mind started to go wild with all sorts of fantasies. But first, she had to carry her girlfriend’s luggage into the car boot and returned to the driver’s seat.

 

Ever since Namjoo left for London to study psychology, the couple was tested with a long distance relationship. But, the two survived the shaky waters and are now, more in love than ever.

 

“How are our babies doing?” The girl asked, after putting her seatbelt on.

 

“I got that all covered, no worries. Today is just us.” Hayoung smiled.

 

Their “babies” were not their children (technically they are), but their dogs, Po, Pink and Bbang.

 

Throughout their high school year together, there were two more additions to their family stray puppies were found in the compound. After their graduation and splitting into different paths to pursue their dreams, they were ultimately handed under the care of their one and only trusted butler, Sojin.

 

Blinded in love, the couple couldn’t wait to spend time together. It wasn’t until after one month where they would have to part ways again.

 

 

“W-What? Are you serious?” Namjoo gasped, listening to Hayoung’s explanation when she got home. It was a lot to take in, but hearing of Hayoung’s past and how she wasn’t related to Eunji brought a relief to her heart. Because this meant that now, they could be girlfriends and sisters at the same time. Although it’s complicated, but that didn’t matter as long as they could be together.

 

“I am serious. We…” Before Hayoung could even continue her sentence, Namjoo crashed her lips onto her lover, expressing her overflowing happiness through that kiss.

 

But the girl had to quickly retract her lips. Hayoung’s face boiled up in a red tint as she nudged Namjoo to turn around. She did not realize that both Chorong, Eunji and their butler, Sojin was present and obviously, they saw everything.

 

“A-Ah…” Namjoo too, flushed out of embarrassment.

 

The parents chuckled and smiled. In fact, Chorong knew about Hayoung’s past way before. It was a secret only between her and Eunji. But it was a better option to let the cat out of the bag. Everyone can live happily now without any regrets.

 

“Since when did the Jung Residences become a love house?” Eunji joked.

 

“Do you think we should find a pair for our lonely butler?” Chorong followed the joke as they looked at Sojin who shook her head, refusing the offer.

 

Hayoung and Namjoo laughed off their embarrassment, feeling awkward to face their parents after all that has happened. Maybe it was better if they were truthful up front, but it was hard to admit.

 

“So um…mom…we-“ Hayoung mumbled, bravely taking Namjoo’s hands as the two faced their parents.

 

“I know. We’re gay, and our daughters are gay. It’s cute and I don’t mind having an adorable family like that.” Eunji laughed out loud.

 

“I guess our family situation just got a little more complicated huh?” Chorong smiled, her eyes scanning to Hayoung and Namjoo’s fingers interwined with each other.

 

 

Hayoung parked her car at the side and pulled the handbrake up. She didn’t feel comfortable driving in her “working” suit. In fact, she has no idea how her mother wore it for long hours.

 

The girl grasped the black tie around her neck and yanked it out. Then, she took out her hairband and allowed her hair to flow down freely. She then rolled up her white sleeves and stretched her arms, before returning to hold the wheel.

 

“Hm? What?” Hayoung asked as she turned her head to see Namjoo looking at her.

 

“How rude.”

 

The girl scrunched her eyes in confusion, not knowing what that meant.

 

“You should’ve given me a warning. That looked so hot.”

 

“Oh.” Hayoung smirked. “Do you really want to do it here?” She leaned forward to her lover.

 

“Be patient, babe.” Namjoo gently pushed her back. “We have all the time.”

 

 

 

 

 

Pacing around the seventh floor of J&J, a man in a suit continued to call a number but no one was picking up. He was almost on the verge of cursing but needed to maintain his composure. It was driving him mad that not even his own superior was answering his calls.

 

“I can’t believe she just left without telling me!” He exasperated, staring at his phone with the dial “Oh Hayoung.”

 

Ever since he was entrusted to guide J&J’s daughter, Oh Hayoung as the apprentice, he worked hard on his responsibilities. But that kid never listens and goes against his words. In all his years of being in the industry, he has never met such a crafty, carefree kid.

 

Honestly, things were so much easier back in his old company. But now, he has no other choice. The Jung CEO bought him over and he now serves under her.

 

 

As a payback for what Fana Corporations had done to Eunji last time, the CEO waited patiently for her attack.

 

A year later, she signed a contract and bought the entire company over. This meant the dissolve of Fana Corporations and the transfer of all their funds, employees and assets.

 

It was indeed a powerful revenge and with one competitor out of the market, Eunji used her pawns wisely. She assigned the heir of Fana Corporations, Kim Junsu as a mentor for her daughter and sacked the younger, “good for nothing” son, Kim Heechul. The CEO believed in the man’s expertise and knew his knowledge would be put to good use.

 

“I am at your service, madam.” Junsu bowed upon greeting his new boss for the first time.

 

“Ah, there you are. I’ve heard many good things about you.”

 

“Yes. But, everyone else has their jobs assigned except me. I believe that you have a special task?”

 

“Indeed you are a smart man, Junsu.” Eunji nodded with a smile as she gave a file to him. The man flipped it open as his eyes widened. “That’s my daughter. She’s currently in enrolled in Seoul University as a business major and I want you to mentor her. She will become an apprentice here.”

 

“I will do a good job madam.” The man bowed. As much as it was a completely different job, he thought that it would be easy. But he was wrong. It ended up as a babysitting job in the end and now, Junsu dreaded everyday whenever he came to work.

 

 

The man sighed as he looked out of the window from his office. Taking a sip of his coffee, he was at a loss. He was thinking of various solutions that he could do to find Hayoung and scold her for skipping work.

 

“Go easy on her.” A voice from behind.

 

The man turned around to his superior and bowed.

 

“You’ve returned, Nana-ssi.”

 

The loyal secretary who was always by Eunji’s side, was now promoted to Vice President. It took a lot of years and effort although Nana had insisted on staying as a secretary forever, she possessed a lot of skills that proved useful for the company.

 

“It’s a special day for Hayoung. Cut her some slack, will you?” Nana said.

 

“But- “

 

“Just for today.”

 

“…Alright.” Junsu sighed. “Our CEO isn’t in office. Is she out for a meeting?”

 

“Oh, she’s missing too.” Nana smiled.

 

“Like mother, like daughter huh?” The man was no longer surprised. “But I still respect our Madam Jung. It’s amazing how she can keep this company running and still find time to relax. I heard she’s changed a lot since she got married. Could you tell me some stories about her? I want to learn.”

 

“You’re just finding something to kill time Junsu.” The lady sat down. “Well, where do I begin?” She chuckled, reminiscing about those days.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Far from the city, the CEO has gone into hiding at Jeju Island. Well, she’s not running away from her duties. She’s kind of dumped all the work onto her vice president, Nana and went on a love trip with her wife.

 

Wearing a cap and a mask to conceal her identity, she didn’t want to be caught in the papers with the headlines “Boss slacking off”. She smiled, watching her wife take photos as they explored a green tea plantation together.

 

With their marriage, the couple decided that it was better if they didn’t work the same jobs. Thus, Chorong decided to leave her chauffeur job and followed the steps of her freelance cousin. The lady always had an interest in taking photographs and with social media, it is much easier. Now a freelance photographer with her own Instagram page (Her daughter taught her), the lady would go to many places to take pictures. Often, her wife would be her model and everyone simply found the concept cute.

 

“What are you giggling about?” Eunji asked, gently wrapping her arms around Chorong’s waist, cradling her head onto her shoulders and she peeked over. Her wife was looking at Namjoo’s latest Instagram post.

 

It was a picture of her and Hayoung, with the captions “Finally reunited with bae <3”.

 

“Our daughters are having the time of their lives.” Chorong smiled, showing the phone to her wife.

 

Eunji sighed. “Hayoung’s skipping work again. I’m gonna have to give that girl an earful once I’m back.”

 

“Says the CEO who is skipping work to spend time with me.”

 

“Oops, I’m caught.” Eunji squinted her face to make a cute expression, hoping that she would be forgiven. Her wife grinned, deciding not to “punish” her today and handed her camera.

 

“Take a picture of me. I want to post it onto my personal Instagram.” She said, walking up to pose in front of a signboard that says “Green Tea Plantation at Jeju”.

 

“No problem.” The CEO took it and set her eyes onto the camera screen. As she adjusted the angle and aimed for a shot, she couldn’t help but to stare at her beautiful wife. Thinking about it, she’s truly the luckiest.

 

With the click of the shutter, Eunji smiled and showed her wife. “Pretty?”

 

“Mm. Thanks.” Chorong nodded, planting a quick peck on her cheek.

 

“Hey, you know what?”

 

“What?”

 

“I love you.”

 

“What’s that all of a sudden?” The lady laughed.

 

“I think I’m just really lucky to have you as my wife.” Eunji intertwined her fingers with hers, allowing their silver rings to slightly graze each other. “Do you remember when you worked at the KTX as a train attendant?”

 

“I do. That was so many years ago.”

 

“Did you realize that our first meeting wasn’t at my company but on the train?”

 

Chorong looked into her wife’s dark orbs and cupped her cheek. “I do. I thought you might have forgotten about it because back then, you didn’t seem to care.”

 

“I remember pretty women when I do, especially someone like you. Why didn’t you tell me? We could’ve progressed so much faster if we did.”

 

“And what difference would that make? In the end, we would still get married right?”

 

“That’s true. Maybe I’m just too impatient.” Eunji giggled as she stared at the camera where a saved picture of Chorong is lit on the screen. She took out her phone and captured it. With that, she opened her Instagram account and began to upload it with a simple caption “Wife.”

 

The CEO of J&J has always kept her social media accounts very minimal without much of her own personal life. But now, she wanted everyone to know about this woman whom she truly cared about.

 

For the first time, Eunji uploaded a photo of her wife on her social media account.

 

“That’s new.” Chorong said in surprise. The lady on the other hand, would post a lot of pictures about her family, couple photos with Eunji, her successful recipes that she managed to cook and aesthetically-taken shots during her trips.

 

“Oh, should I delete it? My clients might fall head over heels for you and start slipping into your DMs.” The CEO joked as the couple giggled and snuggled together on the bench, overlooking the green tea plantation from the tower.

 

They are happily married and were mothers who no longer had to worry about their grown daughters who were very much in their own world now. Although they had gone past their prime days, but the fire of their love remained strong.

 

The two often talked about retirement once Hayoung and Namjoo exchanged their vows in the near future. They would dream of owning a pension house on the beautiful island of Jeju and grow old together. Perhaps, even setting up a farm, rear sheep, cows and sorts but the couple worried that they would miss the urban life.

 

After all, their love blossomed in the city of Seoul.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A white, luxurious yacht worth a million dollars drifted along the Tokyo bay. Crystal clear waters surrounded the boat as the sky is decorated with a splash of baby blue. The summer breeze made it a perfect company as a couple shared a glass of champagne, indulging the view of the endless sea.

 

It was just the two of them enjoying each other’s company as they would share sweet kisses and warm cuddles. Wrapped around their fingers is a platinum ring with the engravings “Redbear <3 Silverhand”, the couple were now on their honeymoon in Japan.

 

After the events that occurred the last three years, Bomi finally received the blessing of her father and went straight to register their marriage. They didn’t need the usual “will you marry me” event because the couple knew from the start that they were ready to take their relationship to the next level.

 

 

It had been a year since Bomi cut off contact with her father.

 

His words hurt her pretty bad and she just hated him from that moment onwards. But after a cooling period, the lady realized that she was the same teenage girl who left her hometown to work in the city. Despite everything she has done, her father still welcomed her warmly and provided her food. In the end, he was the only father she ever had.

 

Here she was in Suwon, with Naeun. The couple decided to take the weekend off together and visit the soon-to-be father-in-law if everything goes well. Dongwoon had given them blessings last week and the last hurdle was Bomi’s father. Awkwardly walking along the neighbourhood alleys where her childhood memories flashed back like a movie tape, the lady wasn’t sure what to feel coming back home.

 

Arriving at the entrance, the house was very different to what Bomi imagined. It was more run-down and things were breaking apart. The daughter was sure that she sent money to her father every month even though she stopped making contact. She was afraid that perhaps bad people took advantage and robbed her father of his only fortune. As thoughts filled her mind, she pressed the doorbell and waited anxiously.

 

She felt the grip of her hand tighten.

 

“It’s going to be okay.” Naeun said with a smile.

 

Bomi was able to feel a little at ease, knowing that she wasn’t alone. This time, she’s coming home with her fiancée.

 

As the door opened, a frail old man appeared. He was balding, hunched and his beard was like a wild forest.

 

“Dad. It’s me.”

 

The man squinted and scanned his eyes from head to foot. It took him 30 seconds before he finally opened his mouth.

 

“Who?”

 

That question broke her heart a little inside. Bomi’s fears were beginning to come through as nothing but regret hit her. She should’ve looked after her father despite the signs that he had been showing the last few years and now, it seems that it has come true.

 

Her father was showing signs of dementia.

 

“Father…it’s me. Your daughter, Yoon Bomi.” The lady held onto her father’s wrinkled hands that was covered with bruises and blisters. He continued to work on his labour jobs despite his age. Everything was still the same as it is.

 

“Daughter?”

 

Bomi had no other choice but to enter the house and take a photo frame that had a picture of her and her father when she was young.

 

“Yes. This girl, its me. Father. I’m back.” She explained slowly, pointing the picture and to herself.

 

“O-Oh…Bomi!” His memory finally regained itself as the man smiled widely, embracing his daughter with warm arms. “Aigoo! Stupid me! You’ve change so much since the last time you left to work in Seoul!”

 

His memory was now reset to 19 years ago. He had forgotten about ever coming to Seoul to find Bomi, nor the argument that they had at the restaurant.

 

“Father…” The lady maintained a smile but inside, she felt like crying.

 

“Father, pleasure to meet you. My name is Son Naeun.” Her girlfriend stepped in and shook his hand.

 

“Oh my, what a pretty lady.” The man held onto Naeun’s hands and looked into her eyes. “You look really familiar…”

 

“She’s my girlfriend, father.” Bomi boldly explained. “We’re…getting married.” She showed her ring on her finger.

 

The man stared at her and then to his daughter. He turned around and rushed into his bedroom, searching his drawers for something. Bomi and Naeun followed him and wondered what he was up to. Eventually, the old man found an old, white envelope and handed it to his daughter.

 

“This money is for you.” He said. “For all the years I’ve worked, I waited for the day that my daughter would finally get married and now, I can give this to you.”

 

Bomi opened it and it was a huge slab of cash. It was the earnings that her father had worked throughout his whole life and saved it for his daughter’s wedding.

 

“Father…”

 

“Be happy Bomi-ya.” He smiled. “I’m sure your mother up in the skies would be proud of you.”

 

Tears rolled down Bomi’s cheeks, she had not been expecting at all. A flood of emotions went through her mind, knowing that her father would never agree to her marriage. But because he was now suffering from dementia, he would lose memory often and forget that he even had a daughter in the beginning. As much as it was a mix between joy and sadness, Bomi hugged her father and thanked him.

 

From then, she vowed to never shout at her father and love him wholly with her heart.

 

 

Walking into the little cabin of their yacht, Bomi placed her champagne glass on the table as she checked her phone for messages. There was just enough space to fit a queen size bed, a walk-in bathroom and a small bar. After working under J&J for a long time, it would be a lie to say that the lady wasn’t rich. She has now shifted her father to a brand new home in Seoul, hiring a caretaker to look after him as she would visit him from time to time. Bomi forced her father to retire, knowing that the labour would take a toll on his declining health.

 

“Is it about your father?” Naeun asked, entering the cabin.

 

The lady placed her phone down. “Yup. Jihyo told me that he’s eating well.”

 

“That’s good.” Her fiancée smiled as she sat down on the bed. Biting her lip, she was giving signs to Bomi to which the latter responded immediately. The lady crashed down, showering her with kisses as they were on top of each other, continuing their love. Their tongues would tangle, playing tug of war as hands would naturally go down to play with the nests that held a whole new world.

 

It was safe to say that they were indeed experts in bed.

 

Just as Naeun was about to dive down, Bomi’s phone rang.

 

“Ugh.” She rolled her eyes. “Who wants to ruin our moment?!”

 

“Go get it.” Naeun rolled sideways and turned to push her fiancé’s . The lady sighed, got out of bed, half- as she answered. It none other than the annoying, Kim Junsu.

 

“How would I know where Hayoung is right now? Don’t bother me! I’m on my honeymoon, I’ll only be back next week!” The lady tossed the phone away and jumped back into action.

 

“Oh, it’s that annoying kid you’ve been talking about.”

 

“Forget about him. Now where were we?” Bomi chuckled, settling herself in comfortably.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After exploring the green tea plantation, the couple stopped by a coffee shop located near the bay. Chorong went to order their drinks while Eunji found a place outside. A beautiful, panoramic view of the Jeju sea across as you could hear the waves crashing. People sat under tables with umbrellas, taking in the sights of nature while enjoying their selection of coffee made from the finest beans.

 

The CEO adjusted her mask and found a seat. As she settled down, she scrolled through her Instagram where notifications popped up. Most had of the comments were about how cute it was for Eunji to post a picture of her wife, and that made her smile. She came across her daughter, Hayoung’s Instagram post. It was a picture of a white bed with the location tagged was “Hilton Hotel”, along with the captions “Fun time.”

 

The mother shook her head as she face-palmed herself. As much as she was not interested in her daughter’s life, she couldn’t fathom why youngsters like her would post something like that.

 

“She’s crazy.” Eunji mumbled with a chuckle and decided to type a comment.

 

“What? Oh Hayoung, what do you think you’re doing?”

 

Immediately after her post, there were a lot of people laughing and teasing Hayoung that she was caught by her mother. Eunji laughed, watching the drama unfold as the online world was just amusing.

 

“What are you laughing at Miss?”

 

The CEO turned around to see a young child staring at her with curiousity. She looked like she was around seven years old, had chubby cheeks and was probably the cutest human being she has seen.

 

“Oh, just some stupid things that people talk on the Internet? What’s your name, little girl?”

 

“My name is Yeri!”

 

“Yeri, what a nice name. Where’s your parents?”

 

“They went to buy drinks so they left me here.”

 

“Oh, I see.”

 

But the child was observant.

 

“Are you Jung Eunji? Like the CEO of J&J? My mom always wears clothes from that brand.”

 

“How smart of you. Yes, I am but you have to promise me to keep this a secret okay?”

“Okay!” Yeri nodded and looked at Eunji’s phone. “Who’s that?” She pointed.

 

Eunji looked at her phone that had her lock screen displayed. It was a picture of their wedding day.

 

Reminiscing about those times, it was indeed one of the happiest moments in her life.

 

 

After exchanging their vows, the two brides walked along the aisle as the crowd cheered. It was a wedding held privately with no press around. When it came to the throwing of the bouquet, the guests teased that Hayoung would get it.

 

“I’m throwing the bouquet!” Chorong said as in the count of three, she tossed it upwards.

 

There was shouts and cheers, the bride turned around and to everyone’s surprise, Naeun caught it.

 

“Naeun-ah!” She laughed at how lost her cousin was.

 

“Oh my...Um.” Bomi cleared , her face turning red as she wasn’t sure how to respond to that.

 

“Congratulations Aunt! I’m looking forward to your invitation!” Hayoung said with a cheer, clearly happy that she didn’t get it. You should be marrying her anyway. You’re responsible for taking care of my former first love, dear Aunt. Did you not know that?” The girl leaned in a whisper.

 

“H-Hey!”

 

“Do you think you can bring SHINEE next time to sing the congratulatory song?” Namjoo interrupted with a tease.

 

“Oh, bring Girls Generation too! We’ll have a big party!”

 

“S-Shut up you two!” Bomi yelled in embarrassment.

 

“Hey guys, let’s take a picture!” Eunji said as the group cuddled together and posed.

 

The two brides held onto each other, Hayoung and Namjoo gave a peace sign while Bomi and Naeun were awkwardly smiling, arms still intact onto each other.

 

With that, the camera clicked with a flash.

 

 

It was three years ago, and now her best friend is married. Maybe the curse is really true.

 

“This is my wife, Chorong.” Eunji explained, pointing out each of the women in the picture.

 

“She’s pretty.” Yeri said.

 

“Indeed she is.”

 

“How did you two fall in love?” The curious child didn’t stop with her questions.

 

“Well, that’s going to be long story. How about you sit down over here?” Eunji smiled, patting to the chair beside her. Yeri excitedly sat down and leaned next to the CEO, eager to listen.

 

“Our love story is a bit complicated. Here’s how it goes…”

 

 

 

 

~fin~

 

 

 

 

--

A/N: And that's a wrap of Complexity! Honestly, I've wanted to just write a very casual, relaxing fanfic with not much going on haha. Besides, it's a first to mix Apink ships that are rarely written about like Eunrong and Bona so it's a breath of fresh air while writing Complexity! Thank you for joining on this journey with me ^^ I always aim to become a better writer and reading all of your comments make my day. See you again in the next fanfic perhaps ;) In the meantime, let's prepare for Apink's comeback! -pinkpanda419 (15/06/2018)