between the line

complexity.

 

Sunlight filtered through the white curtains that filled the bedroom. under the sheets, they were warm in each other’s embrace.

 

“Morning.”

 

Eunji greeted her lover with a peck on her lips. Chorong smiled as she fluttered her eyes opened and returned it with another kiss. These exchanges turned into a make-out session before the couple retracted to take a breath.

 

“The both of us will be late for work if we keep kissing y’know.”

 

“I know.”

 

The CEO giggled, realizing that the two had been so caught up in their own bubble that they had forgotten about reality. Even though they were so deep in love, they had to remind themselves that outside, they were boss and employee.

 

“But can’t we just stay in for a little longer? Sojin isn’t around to yell at my ears.” Eunji whined cutely, wriggling her eyebrows. She shifted herself nearer into Chorong’s embrace as she sneakily traced her hands down her , squeezing it.

 

“You’re really thirsty even in the morning huh?” The lady was unamused and gently slapped Eunji’s hand away. She knew when to draw the line. Work is work, love is love. “Get up Miss CEO of J&J.” Chorong cooed into Eunji’s ears before planting one last kiss on her cheek as she got up.

 

“Aww…” Eunji pouted as she watched Chorong walking to the bathroom to clean herself up. Obviously, she couldn’t move away from the sight of her body pacing around. The perfect sculpture of her lover, beautiful shaped and supple s and her glorious womanhood, the CEO was tested. Luckily, she managed to control her lust this round.

 

Breathing a sigh as she became reminded of the pile of workload at the office, Eunji stretched her body across the mattress and took her phone on the marble night stand. It wouldn’t be a normal start to the day without waking up to hundreds of messages. As she looked through all of them one by one, there was one suspicious message from an unknown number. Tapping on the icon was a message and a picture along. Squinting her eyes to make sure that she wasn’t dreaming, she widened upon realizing that it was real.

 

It was an amateur-taken photograph of her kissing Chorong in the car.

 

“If you don’t want this photo to be sent to Dispatch, sign an agreement to sell your entire company to Fana Corporations. You have until noon to decide.”

 

What was supposed to be a wonderful mood to start the day, turned foul immediately.

 

The CEO of J&J thought that she would be energized with the presence of her lover, but it turns out it was now used to create trouble. She felt betrayed as anger boiled inside. But the CEO remained calm as she believed that by being angry, rational thoughts would not be made.

 

“Is something…wrong?” Chorong asked, now dressed as her hair was tied into a bun.

 

“Yeah…I’m sorry.” The CEO lifted her head up with guilt.

 

“What happened?” The lady sat down as she was shown the message. Chorong gasped but quickly looked at her lover with concern, knowing how much must’ve been going on inside her mind.

 

“I can’t believe they’re playing dirty after being the good guy for so long.” Eunji frowned. “What am I supposed to do?”

 

“No matter the decision, company comes first. You can’t let all of your hardwork go because of one reason.”

 

“Even if the outcomes can hurt you?”

 

“You’re the famed CEO of J&J. I know that you will do well despite anything.”

 

“Do you trust me?” Eunji lost her smile as she was being serious.

 

“I do.” Chorong gently traced her fingers along her lover’s disheveled hair. “No matter what happens and the decision you choose; I will be right by your side.”

 

Hearing her words, the lady’s smile was revived back onto her face. It had been awhile since she had been able to fully trust someone that gave her strength. For once, she didn’t have to carry the burden on her shoulders alone.

 

“Thank you.” Eunji kissed her cheek, getting ready for work.

 

Chorong on the other hand, checked her phone which she has switched off since yesterday. She felt it would be a nuisance to have it on during their date. Unlike her lover, it was normal to have one to almost zero messages. But upon connecting to the Jung Residence’s wi-fi, there was suddenly a chuck of messages streaming through.

 

It was all, from her cousin, Naeun.

 

 

“Unnie. I need you to come to Gangnam Hospital right now.”

 

“Where are you?”

 

“Why are you not picking up the phone?”

 

“Did something happen?”

 

“I really need you to come right now.”

 

 “Please. Unnie…”

 

 

Immediately, Chorong quickly took her belongings.

 

“Did something happen?” Eunji asked as she heard the noise and went out.

 

“I’m sorry…I have to go.”

 

“It’s okay.” The CEO nodded. Only one look at her expression was enough to explain everything. “Be careful.”

 

“I will.” Chorong went up to plant one last kiss. “You too.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was like a spell was casted on the two since that night. Both of them had no idea what was happening but surely, they had gone madly in love with each other.

 

Hayoung and Namjoo weren’t even paying attention to their teacher who was explaining the history of the Akdong Folk Village as the class visited museums, parks and paddy fields. They would keep stealing glances to look at each other and eventually smile shyly upon eye contact.

 

But for their friends, they could sense that something was up. Yerin and Joy nudged each other and whispered, amused that Hayoung had been looking brighter since yesterday. Their friend was so moody and bored, but now she looks like she doesn’t want to leave the village.

 

Wheein and Hwasa on the other hand, kept whispering behind Namjoo and had their own discussion about hearing Namjoo waking up in the middle of the night. As the countryside girls, they had originally planned to join Namjoo and watch the stars together. But the two were just too tired and teased their friend to go alone, which she surprisingly did. Yet, they couldn’t shake off the fact that Hayoung kept looking at their direction.

 

In the end, the four musketeers formed an alliance and discussed a plan to find their answers.

 

“Hey, what’s with you guys today?” Joy stepped in, arm-in-arm with Yerin as Hwasa and Wheein naturally pulled Namjoo into the conversion.

 

“Nothing’s wrong. What do you mean?”

 

“Lies. You guys kept looking and smiling at each other!” Hwasa scoffed.

 

“Hah, you must be dreaming!” Namjoo said with confidence.

 

“I swear if you guys are pretending to hate each other but secretly dating, that’s some major plot twist ,” Joy rambled to which her words were immediately cut off by both of them.

 

“We’re not dating!” Hayoung and Namjoo yelled at the same time.

 

“Excuse me, girls!!” The teacher yelled to which the girls quickly scrambled back in line.

 

“Me, dating her? Hah, no way!”

 

“I’d rather date a cow, thank you very much!”

 

With their seemingly perfect act, it broke off any assumptions from their best friends. Whew! They were safe…for now.

 

But that didn’t stop the lovebirds from stealing every possible chance to be together.

 

During boring tours, the two would sneakily move away from their group and stood at the back. They would talk and laugh, giggling away and suddenly they would throw insults at each other whenever their friends would look at them suspiciously.

During breaks, they would eat together, bringing their friends along in order to not make it look too obvious. Both tried to resist the fact that they were unconsciously staring at each other’s lips.

 

“Alright, everyone will be given free time to explore the village. Assemble here by 5pm!” The teacher announced as the group began to disperse. Some would walk along the steep path, looking through the old houses made of wood and brick. Others would explore the lower part of the village where the crowd was, entering the market and chatting with locals.

 

“Have you seen those two?” Yerin asked.

 

“Nope. She left us too.” Wheein shrugged.

 

“I swear; they’re dating for s sake. I know a girl in love when I know one.” Yerin sighed.

 

“Yeah. Let’s just say they’re scared of exposing their gay asses. It’ll take time and suddenly they’ll announce that they are dating. I planted this seed and I will watch it prosper okay?” Hwasa said with confidence.

 

Eventually, the four friends decided to hang out.

 

They had settled their differences long ago and began to slowly break the barrier between countryside and city kids. In the end, everyone was the same and they could easily be friends if only they were more open-minded.

 

As for the lovebirds, they had escaped long ago to a place far from everyone. Hiding in the alleyway, they were already locking their lips together, unable to resist the temptations anymore. But the two would quickly flung from each other as an old lady would randomly pass by and give them strange looks.

 

Blushing out of embarrassment, the two giggled before diving back into their kisses. It was safe to say that the youngsters were addicted to kissing as it felt amazing. Just like how they used to compete with trivial things, they now had something new. Both of them decided to see who was the best kisser.

 

It was somewhat a better turnout than them battling out for first place in school. Kisses definitely exceeded the value of grades.

 

“How are we going to explain our parents once we’re back?” Hayoung asked with worry as the two were now holding their hands together, walking along the stone steps of the village.

 

“I don’t even know how we’re going to do that. Does our mothers even accept the fact that their daughters had suddenly discovered that they were gay last night?”

 

“Happened like magic.” The girl laughed. “Let’s tell them.”

 

“And what if, they don’t approve of our relationship?”

 

“Then, we’ll just run away from home.”

 

“Hey, you’re not some main character of a movie. That’s realistically impossible, remember what happened when you tried to run away from home with Po?”

 

“…Right.” Hayoung sighed, nodding as her girlfriend was telling the hard truth.

 

“Can we just keep it a secret until we’re both ready?” The girl begged as she tightened her grip.

 

“Okay.” She agreed. “After all, we’re only day one into our relationship. It’s too fast.”

 

“We need to slow down.”

 

“Totally.” Hayoung chuckled as she was reminded how they were already becoming masters in kissing already.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clasping her hands into a prayer, Naeun didn’t catch a single wink of sleep since last night’s ordeal.

 

It happened so quickly.

 

Upon arriving at the police station, she was told to wait as the police officers were busy. Her brother, Dongwoon was nowhere to be seen. She kept dialing Bomi’s number, her brother’s and Chorong’s. But none of them picked up. As she waited and waited, a police siren was heard outside as a group of police officers gathered.

 

Out of the police car, was a man who yelled and shouted. Officers restrained him as he was dragged into an interrogation room. Naeun could only catch a glimpse of the man, but she was sure that it was Choi Taejoon.

 

“Naeun.” Dongwoon returned and greeted her sister who hugged him immediately.

 

“Oppa…I…”

 

“It’s okay. I know you’ve been hiding the fact that you were dating a girl but that’s okay.” Dongwoon smiled and held onto her shoulders tightly. “For now, my colleagues will take care of that psycho. I’ll take you to the hospital. Your girlfriend is there.”

 

Throughout the ride in her brother’s car, he told her everything that happened. Dongwoon was secretly contacting Bomi originally because he found out that she was his sister’s new girlfriend. But things began to take a turn when the lady explained that she was dating another man and assured him that she will break up with him. Bomi had sworn her loyalty and even revealed the identity of Taejoon. But for Dongwoon however, he found the man’s features familiar and teamed up with an investigative team to spy on the man.

 

It didn’t take long before Taejoon finally preyed onto his “girlfriend” and Dongwoon happened to chance on him. Breaking into his apartment home, Dongwoon thought that it was too late as he found a lifeless Bomi on the bed, stripped halfway. Sending paramedics immediately, the policeman searched the house and found pictures of Naeun. Worried for her safetly, Dongwoon called Naeun and told her to stay inside the protection of the police station, afraid that Taejoon might have other friends who might be stalking his loved sister.

 

Back to present time, Dongwoon returned to the police station to deal with that psycho and Naeun insisting on staying in the hospital. She could not sleep in peace until knowing that Bomi was out of the operation room. The doctor had told her that she was fed a poison and it was killing her slowly from the inside. But Naeun was confident that the lady was strong and prayed as each hour passed by.

 

Honestly, she was scared.

 

Her hands were trembling and in this moment, she wanted to be in someone’s arms for comfort. The first person that came to her mind, was Chorong. Her cousin who raised her in place of her deceased parents.

 

“Naeun-ah!”

 

A familiar voice was heard as she raised her head up, to see what seemed like an angel to her rescue.

 

“Unnie!”

 

Tears that she had kept inside her chest for so long, finally burst out as she fell into Chorong’s arms.

 

“It’s okay. I’m here now. I’m sorry for not picking up your calls and replying your messages.” The lady cooed, gently patting her cousin’s back as she looked at the blinking red light at the entrance of the operation room. She had no idea what was going on, but Chorong had a little grasp of what could’ve happened. Knowing that her cousin was always full of secrets, she needed patience to fully decipher what happened.

 

And patience, is Chorong’s strength.

 

“I’m really scared unnie…what if she doesn’t make it…what if she dies?” Naeun sobbed and rambled, sniffling halfway as her hands trembled.

 

“She’ll be fine. I’m sure this friend is very important to you and she would fight to live on.” The lady smiled warmly, doing her very best to comfort her cousin who appeared to be traumatized by the event.

 

This was the start of a very long day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The board of directors from J&J were called into a sudden, emergency meeting by the CEO herself. Gathered into the meeting room, Eunji paced around nervously wondering how to inform them about the news.

 

“I received a threat.” She announced, causing the directors to whisper among themselves. “And this will be shocking because I didn’t think that they would use it to threaten us.”

 

She closed her eyes and clicked the button, revealing a screenshot of the message flashed onto the projector screen. Everyone gasped, more to the photo of their CEO kissing a woman, let alone an employee of J&J.

 

“That’s right. I’ve been dating an employee and I’ve been careless. Now I got caught and who would’ve thought the tables have turned.” She sighed but remained professional and calm. “But that’s not important right now. Let’s focus on Fana Corporations. I knew from the start that their friendly behavior was not something to be taken light-hearted.” She explained. “They were eyeing for our company and its treasures since the start.”

 

“And what are you going to do now, Madam?” One of the directors asked. “The only solution I see here, is either bribing Dispatch with a higher price to conceal your secret or- “

 

“Marriage.” Eunji replied.

 

The directors gasped and looked at each other with widened eyes. Although being openly gay in Korea hasn’t settled itself peacefully within the society, it would still create a buzz from the media.

 

“I will not sell my company to anyone in this world. It is my heart and soul, I will protect it at all costs, even if it means revealing a piece of my own personal life.” The CEO then called her secretary, Nana over.

 

“Yes madam?”

 

“Can you send a message to Fana Corporations that I have no intention of selling J&J to them? Oh, and tell them that they’re not invited to my wedding.”

 

“Noted madam.” Nana bowed and left the meeting room.

 

But there was still a chatter among the directors. As much as they were touched by Eunji’s determination to save the company, they were much concerned with the fact that their boss revealed herself to be gay. It was not that they were opposed to the idea, but simply worried over the reactions of the public.

 

The internet isn’t exactly a beautiful place to be in. Hate comments are hard to avoid and it may affect their CEO’s stability. It may very well be a planned out attack by Fana Corporations to crumble the leader of J&J slowly.

 

“I am sorry for disappointing you but as the CEO, I will take full responsibility of my actions.” Eunji bowed as she presumed that her directors weren’t happy with how she came out with her uality, especially at the fact that all of them were men.

 

“It’s nothing wrong, madam. We respect you and we will continue to support you.”

 

“That’s right. Are we invited to the wedding?” The youngest of the directors joked.

 

“Of course. But I will need the permission of my other half first.” Eunji smiled in relief.

 

With one hurdle completed, the lady had to tell Chorong the outcomes of her decision. It wouldn’t take long before Fana Corportations would send the picture to Dispatch as the news company would circulate articles online. She had to warn her lover quick, afraid that the press may come after her. But her biggest worry of all was, whether Chorong was fine with the sudden marriage.

 

After all, she did this without her consent.

 

Back in her office after the meeting, word began to spread around the company as employees got to hear what happened. But because of Eunji’s popularity and favoritism among her staff, there was nothing but full support in her sudden marriage. Indeed, J&J did live up to its name of a family-like company.

 

Pacing back and forth, Chorong wasn’t picking up her phone. Checking the time, Eunji was sure that the articles would already be out. Biting her nail nervously, she dialed her again and again. Still, no answer. In fact, the CEO did wonder where did she go. Remembering the look of her eyes from this morning, it was definitely an emergency.

 

In the end, the CEO stopped calling and placed her phone on her desk. Looking out at her favourite window as she viewed the city of Seoul, she reminisced about the times where her directors would pester her about finding love. Outside the office, they were friends.

 

While sharing drinks, the men would playfully ask her if she was interested in them or even offered to recommend a suitable man for Eunji. But the lady kindly rejected them after much failures from Bomi’s blind date set-ups. She didn’t want to break anyone’s heart as she was the type to “feel” it from the heart. No one sparked the light she needed, until that woman came into her life.

 

But she wasn’t expecting their love to escalate so quickly. It had only been a day since she confessed her feelings and the two were starting to delve deeper. In a snap, they were suddenly getting married. Without the consent of her other half or even her own daughter, Eunji was stressed about having to tell the whole story.

 

A beep from her phone broke the CEO from her thoughts.

 

“I’m at Gangnam Hospital. I don’t think I’ll be able to come to work.”

 

“It’s okay. I’ll come over right now. Which floor are you at?”

 

Eunji texted back as she pressed the button of the telephone on her desk.

 

“Yes madam?”

 

“Hey Nana, I’m leaving the office for awhile. Can you cover things up while I’m gone?”

 

“No problem madam.”

 

“Thank you. I owe you a meal.”

 

With that, Eunji got all her things and left in her Audi car.

 

 

 

 

 

The operation is a success. Bomi is out of danger as she is transferred to the ICU ward. Relieved at last, Naeun almost fell to her knees but Chorong caught her. As the two stood outside the entrance, the cousin gently squeezed her shoulders and gave her an assuring smile.

 

“See? I told you everything will go well.”

 

“She’s safe…Thank god…”

 

“Go home and rest. You need it.”

 

“But…”

 

“Come back when you’re well-rested. It has been a long day for you.” Chorong ordered to which Naeun ultimately obeyed. Wiping away her tears, her cousin followed her out to the entrance and stayed there until the taxi she was in, disappeared into the distance.

 

Sighing, she had so many questions in her head. But the lady had to keep her cool, especially after realizing that her cousin’s “friend” was actually her colleague and her lover’s best friend, Yoon Bomi.

 

They were really living in a small world, who would’ve thought that all the dots were connected with each other?

 

“Chorong.”

 

Turning around, the lady smiled upon Eunji who had arrived and took the lift up from the basement carpark.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Yes. My cousin’s friend was fighting for her life, but she’s fine now.”

 

“I see. Is…your cousin alright?”

 

“I sent her home. But…” Chorong looked at her. “I think you might want to see her friend.”

 

The two took the lift up to the eighth floor where the ICU ward was. Quietly walking in as guests were only allowed 20 minutes, they were outside a transparent-glass room where Bomi was.

 

Still unconscious as there were tubes attached to her body, the machine was keeping her alive. Eunji was speechless, unable to comprehend the whole situation. As much as she didn’t pay attention to whatever her best friend was doing, she was shocked that this happened.

 

“What- “

 

“I don’t know what happened. I’m sorry. I figured it wasn’t a good idea to interrogate my cousin after the ordeal she’s been.”

 

“…It’s okay.” Eunji took a deep breath as she continued to look at her friend with worry. She took out her phone and dialed a number. “Hey Nana, sorry, I seem to be asking you to do a lot of jobs today. Can you find someone to look into Bomi? I was informed that she’s in the ICU right now and I need information about this. Thank you.”

 

“Right, I forgot that you are the powerful CEO of J&J.”

 

“That’s the benefits really.” Eunji smiled as she held Chorong’s hand. “I need to talk to you in private. It’s serious.” She said, leading her out of the ICU as they took the lift to the basement car park. Inside the Audi car, a place where no one can hear their conversation, it was the moment of truth.

 

“I’m sorry Chorong.”

 

“Why? What was your decision after that threat?”

 

“…I chose to protect the company. As selfish as it may sound, I did everything without your permission, I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s okay. I understand. You don’t have to feel sorry.” Chorong sympathized with her lover, knowing that it must’ve been difficult to come to a decision especially when she had the whole world looking at her.

 

“This is going to be the most unromantic way of doing this but,” Eunji chuckled and turned to look into her lover’s orbs, holding onto her hands. “I’ve decided to marry you.”

 

At first, Chorong was confused but after a few seconds of realization, her cheekbones went up as she smiled. “Without my permission, I see.” She teased.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t have time to buy flowers, a ring or even organize some fancy event. I just forced you into this.”

 

“It’s okay.” The lady leaned in to kiss her cheek. “I’m on board with this. After all, your company will be safe and you’ll have two new additions to your family. Isn’t that double happiness?”

 

“That’s true.” Eunji smiled in relief. “Thank you. Our journey together is just about to start.”

 

“We have so much things to do. But firstly, we need to tell our kids. That’s the most important thing.”

 

“They’re coming back tomorrow so, let’s hope it all goes well.”

 

“I hope it does.”

 

The now, engaged couple celebrated by sharing kisses in the car. They were happy yet worried at the same time. But they believed that by being together, nothing could possibly break it apart. The single mothers have dreamed of having a complete family for a long time, while working hard to support their children, it looks like the time has come to finally receive their reward.

 

The single mothers were now marrying each other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

At first, Hayoung dreaded of this field trip since the announcement several weeks ago. And now, she doesn’t want it to end. These three days had been quite a rollercoaster event. So many things had happened and now, she was leaving the village as a different girl. She discovered love and how magical it was.

 

Watching the changing sceneries as the school bus drove out of the countryside and slowly back into the city, it was strange to return back to the smell of fuel and smoke. She missed the fresh airs and trees that surrounded her. Seeing her school in sight, it was a hit back into reality.

 

As the students got down, they lined up to get their confiscated phones back. The field trip is over and now, they had to write a long reflective report about their experiences. Well, there’s no way Hayoung is planning on telling the story of how she fell in love. It’s a pretty bad idea.

 

“I guess you’re waiting for your chauffeur to pick you up.” Namjoo said as she didn’t want to part with her girlfriend.

 

“Yeah. You’re taking the train home?” Hayoung asked to which she nodded in reply. “See you next week.” She said in a sad tone.

 

“We can hang out in the weekend y’know. You have my number.”

 

“Oh right. Oops, I forgot.” The girl chuckled as she saw her chauffeur’s car driving in. “She’s pretty fast.”

 

“How I wish I’d have a chauffeur myself one day. Must be nice to be rich.” Namjoo said with envy.

 

“I’ll let you ride it next time.” Hayoung smiled in response as she walked up to the car. But all of the sudden, Hyeri pulled down the windows and looked at Namjoo. “You’re Kim Namjoo right?”

 

“Y-Yes…”

 

“Hop on in. The CEO wants to see you.”

 

“M-Me?”

 

Everyone gave her looks while Wheein and Hwasa were playfully “wow-ing” at the back.

 

“Wait, unnie what?” Hayoung asked in confusion.

 

“Come on, get in. I don’t have all day kid.”

 

Namjoo hopped on in, sitting beside Hayoung as Hyeri quickly drove off.

 

Feeling slightly awkward with the presence of her girlfriend’s chauffeur, the two girls had no idea what was going on. They haven’t switched on their phones yet and had no idea what was happening online. The girls were not informed that news had already been circulating and created a huge buzz online as predicted.

 

“I don’t know what’s happening and for your information, I did not plan this.” Hayoung whispered. “But hey, at least you’re gonna see what my house looks like. Totally bigger than your little hole.”

 

“Excuse me, it’s not a hole!” Namjoo scoffed, nudging her girlfriend with her elbow.

 

“Well, your house is really just the size of my bathroom, I’m serious!”

 

“Yeah, it’ll be great if I could just marry you now so that I can enjoy all those benefits.” Namjoo randomly rambled, only realizing at the last minute what she was saying. Gasping as she covered in embarrassment, she was afraid that Hyeri might have taken it in the wrong way.

 

“H-Ha ha! You can’t marry me! I don’t marry commoners!” Hayoung nervously laughed and covered it up with an act. But obviously, she didn’t mean it. In fact, the idea of marrying Namjoo in this very moment was driving her thoughts wild.

 

“Y-Yeah! Why would I marry a person who doesn’t even know how to peel a pear?”

 

Hyeri cleared , causing the two to flinch.

 

“I guess the rumours are true.”

 

“W-What rumours?”

 

“That you two really bicker a lot.” Hyeri laughed.

 

“O-Oh!”

 

For some reason, there was a sense of relief inside their hearts. The two were afraid that their relationship would be caught. Yet again, they were also a little dumb. Their love only begun in the middle of their field trip, anyone else who wasn’t there would have no idea.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Namjoo gaped at the Jung Residences. It was huge, no doubt.

 

A whole apartment block with its own private facilities, the girl thought that the entire building was her home. But it turns out, Hayoung and her mother live in the penthouse. The other apartments floors below were all owned by businessmen who either used it as a personal space or investment; they were all Eunji’s close, trusted friends.

 

As Hyeri dropped them off at the porch yard, Hayoung lead Namjoo to the spacious lift, so wide that she could literally just lie her whole body down and there would still be space. Heading to the top, she was greeted by a panoramic view of the city. The lobby was decorated with a simple design, marble floors and a grand entrance to the penthouse.

 

“Oh? There is a guest?” Hayoung noticed that there was a pair of shoes that stood out among the other shoes organized neatly. It definitely did not belong to her house because it was a little worn-out and wasn’t bought from a “brand”.

 

“Isn’t that my mom’s shoes though?” Namjoo’s eyes furrowed as the girls exchanged glances with each other. For some reason, they felt strange.

 

Entering the penthouse, they were greeted by Sojin who bowed and helped to take their backpacks. Heading into the living room, there was chandelier hanging from above, as sunlight basked through the glass windows.

 

“You girls are finally back from your trip. How is it?” Chorong smiled.

 

“Sit down. Are you hungry?” Eunji asked as the children sat down at the dining table, right across as they faced their mothers.

 

“No, it’s okay.” Namjoo replied, feeling awkward at the strange set-up.

 

“Erm, is something going on?” Hayoung asked, confused.

 

“Did you not check the news?”

 

“Teacher confiscated our phones throughout the trip. We got them back but haven’t switched it on.” Namjoo explained to which Hayoung nodded.

 

“Oh, I see…” Chorong and Eunji exchanged glances, as if signaling to each other that it was the right time to say it.

 

“Girls, there is something important the two of us need to announce.” Chorong said carefully to which their daughters listened intently.

 

“I know it’s a little sudden but we thought it would be the right time to tell you. A lot of things happened while you two were gone but…” Eunji held onto Chorong’s hands.

 

“The two of us are getting married.”

 

 

--

A/N: Oh boy. The time has come. And for Bona, how will they progress from here?