FIRST & LAST DANCE 👠👞

⏳EPHEMERAL⌛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

📻📻📻📻📻📻📻📻📻📻📻📻📻📻📻📻📻📻📻

 

Sitting on their cozy couch that night, Jeongyeon was listening to the radio, he constantly switched stations hoping to find some familiar music.

 

Finally he settled to a music station playing some mellow music. He covered him self with the thick blanket he forged from his bedroom, rested his head on the arm of the lazy boy he was sitting and closed his eyes.

 


“Jeong?, we could go to a therapist if you want.”, his mother said.


She was sitting opposite the couch and is looking very concerned to her only son.

 

“we talked about this Mom, im sorry if I alarmed both of you, I was just in shock and confused then, I changed my mind”, he replied and hid his face on the blanket.

 

His mother sighed audibly. Apparently, he backed out from his suggestion yesterday of consulting a therapist and a confession to whatever he wanted to say regarding her case.

 

His mother was about to go the kitchen to prepare lunch when he spoke again.

 

“Mom….I’ll let you know when my mind changes….and.. I’m sorry”, he said before going back to his previous position.

 

His mother let out a smile of relief and proceeded to the kitchen.

 

After sensing that his mothers presence was gone Jeongyeon sat up and looked over the radio which is playing a very familiar music. He looked at it blankly as the memories of the autumn stared to play.

 

 

 

☆☆☆☆☆
Jeongyeon was playing around with Jackson, the two were laughing at the chaotic first years who cant seem to find their proper rooms.

He saw 2 familiar girls walking in the hallway so he immediately bid goodbye to his friend and chased the two persons. He trailed the two who is busy talking about a particular someone whom he didn’t know.

 

“come on, its so obvious Nabongs, your family knows him, I think it’s a big deal, at least.”, the huge eyed pretty girl named Jihyo said while scoffing.

 

“well, that’s given Thomas”, Nayeon rolled her eyes at her friend.

 

“Hugs are more than hugs to you, and you feel jealous everytime he talks about some one else especially J—“

 

“Oh come on! Stop already”, Nayeon cutted her.

 

“Hmm..what else?”, Jihyo asked before laughing at herself.

 

“What?”, nayeon asked irritated because she felt she was left out with the possibly funny thought by her friend.

 

“You always thought of drunk texting him every weekend!! Like literally!!”, Jihyo blurted laughed her out as Nayeons face turned red all of a sudden.

 

Jeongyeon stood behind them not able to cipher who was the girls talking about. But he just smiled as he imagined a drunk bunny texting someone her confession. That sounds hilarious to him.

 

“Stop..You know Im drunk”, she reasoned and hit the other girls arm.

 

“You don’t strike me as an idiot Im Nayeon, because Drunk words are Sober thoughts”, Jihyo said and made a nasty face at her friend who pouted in response.

 

“Youre so brutal Jihyo”, Nayeon commented.

 

At that moment Jeongyeon butted in their conversation by literally yelling in their ears. The two shocked girls just screamed at the intruder. When Nayeon realized it was her bestfriend he immediately hit him on the arm and tried a headlock but the taller guy just brushed her arm put his arms on her shouldrs instead. 

 

“Sorry for startling you Jihyo”, he apologized to the other girl in which he received a smile.

 

“how about me?, you wont apologize?”, Nayeon asked while frowning.

 

“No Carrots, since you always does that to me, its payback fluff bunny”, he replied and pinched her nose.

 

Jihyo just cleared and announced her departure before giving Naeyeon a wink.

 

“So…cottontail?, What are the two of you talking about?, hmmm.. I didn’t know youre a drunkard now”, he said making the girl flinch

“Um..Its nothing”, she replied shyly.

 

“Come on, you don’t do that to me Fluffball, Tell me, who was this guy? I’ll go check his background for you”, Jeongyeon said as he grabbed the jelly candy from the girls hand and start eating it like it was his in the first place.

 

“You don’t need to know Mister privacy wrecker, besides he is….cool”, she replied and nudged his circling arm on her shoulder,

 

“Ouch..Im hurt..how could you keep that from me?’, he teased.

 

“well, you didn’t even tell me youre dating Jennie in the first place”, she said seriously

 

“Nabongs, really?’, he scoffed back before tickling her and grabbing the books on her hands.

 

“What? Give me back my things!”, she snorted.

 

“Chivalry is still a thing you know”, he said and winked at her.

 

“Blurt it out Yoo Jeongyeon, I know you want something from me”, she said while crossing her arms on her chest.

 

“Well the thing is…it’s the prom..” he said.

 

“Ok bye, It’s a No”, nayeon said and walked out.
Jeongyeon chased her.

 

“NO?, But I haven’t asked you yet?”, he said in confusion,

 

“I don’t want you to be a matchmaker for me, I could get a guy if I wanted too”, she said with a raised brow.

 

“No, Its not that..”, he replied while scratching his head.

 

“Then what else?”, Nayeon frowned.

 

“Im gonna ask you to be my date, please Bunny?”, He said in his most convincing puppy eyes ever.

 

Nayeon was speechless at first but then regained her cool after processing the whole sentence in her brilliant mind.

 

“What about Jennie?”, she asked.

 

“Well, Jennie..has other plans for that date, she’s gonna have holiday vacation with her family”, he said.

 

“Its still a No Jeongie”, she said firmly.

 

“What? Why?, Am I too ugly to be your date?, or that guy you're gossiping with Jihyo already asked you?”, he recited almost out of breathe.

 

“Youre handsome Jeongie, and yes..that guy…asked me…”, she trailed on her words making Jongyeon hanging.

 

“And you said yes?, by the way thanks for the compliment”, He said.

 

“Not yet”, she replied while biting her lip.

 

“Then?, why not come with me?”, he asked again.

 

“Because… I don’t want to be the date of my Bestfriend”, she stressed out.

 

“Nayeon”, Jeongyeon said and Nayeon raised her brow again after hearing him say her name properly without any made up sweet nicknames for her.

 

“I promise, I will treat you not like a friend but as a date, like a real date, just please say yes”, Jeongyeon was dead serious that time.

 

Nayeon first squinted her eyes and thought of the proposition before arriving to a conclusion.

 

“Then, in that case, it’s a yes”, she replied and the overjoyed Jeongyeon immediately hugged her tight.

 

“That’s enough”, Nayeon pulled off first.

 

“Thanks so much Carrots”, Jeongyeon said in a sheppish smile.

 

 

○○○

And that week, the two went to the prom as their dates. Dressed in a classic balck tuxedo and a very fancy looking bow, Jeongyeon looked so fine and dandy. He went to get Nayeon on her house with his dads new crosswind car.

 

He was greeted brightly by her parents and waite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter