SUNDAY ⛪

⏳EPHEMERAL⌛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸

 

 

Today Jeongyeon got up his bed earlier than usual. He could just go back to sleep and pretended he ever woke up and continue dreaming of Nayeon. But he didnt because it felt so wrong dreaming about her being bullied by himself.

 

He head down the kitchen and prepared his self a cereal and milk. He felt restless nowadays and he perfectly knew he reason why.

 

 


"I told you, he should see someone right now? Im just terrified of his mental health! For godsake He was your Son too and you should be concerned with it!", his mom exclaimed to his dad as the couple made their way to the kitchen not noticing their son listening to the arguement.

 


"I guess you should ask me first before deciding about that", Jeongyeon made his self noticed.

 

His parents quickly looked away and got quiet.

 

"Nice parenting", he said before walking out of the house.

 

He could use some exercise today since his body is craving it for a long time now.

Wearing his blue hoodie, a basketball shorts and a pair of running shoes, he jogged to the towns morning road.

 

He put on his ear phones and jogged away.
Passing by a wall full of graffitti, a symbol caught his attention and he halted his steps.

 

•J×N 💙

 

 

 


☆☆☆☆☆


Vandalism is a crime, everyone knows it unless you chose to not know it.


In Jeongyeon and Nayeons case, it was the latter.

The two forged a blue paint spray that Jeongyeon secretly stole from his fathers tool box and creeped on the alley when it started to get dark.

 

Nayeon was sweating profusely and nervousness is obviously painted on her face. Jeongyeon who was always doing this kind of stuff is calmly kneeling and shaking the sprayer ready for the wall attack.

 

He glanced over to the nervous bunny beside him and chuckled at the view. Nayeon is glancing back and forth to the street like a watchman.

 

"Yaah...let me remind you that its your idea we are here right now", Jeongyeon flicked Nayeons sweaty forehead.

 


"Oww!", she winced and slapped his arm in response.

 

"You look so funny right now, you should have seen your face", Jeongyeon said while chuckling.

 

 

"Dont you think we will get caught? I dont want to be in jail Jeongie", Nayeon said with her eyes wide and full of fear.

 


"Silly, dont worry I got you", he replied and remove his cap, he put it on Nayeons small head to cover mostly half of her face up to her nose.

 

"Now you look so much better", he joked and laughed.

 

That night, in the dark, the two teenagerssprayed the initials of their names with what Nayeon said that it would be a sign that says they "were here", just like X marks the spot.
☆☆☆☆☆

 

 

 


The bell suddenly rang loudly and it awaken Jeongyeon's thought. He looked ahead and saw some people and families dressed decently early in the morning.

 

Sunday is for worship day.

 He forgot to attend the mass today.

 

A faithful christian he is, never misses a mass since a kid, well that record seems to fade off after being friends with a certain group 2 years ago.

 


Jeongyeon sighed and quietly whispered his own prayer of forgiveness.

 


"Good morning Jeongyeon", a sweet voice greeted him.

 

It was Dahyun, same as him, she was a fresh graduate from high school, been classmates with him since junior high and a devoted Christian.

 

She was with the other girls, and by other girls he meant the good girls consisting of Jihyo, Chaeyoung and the Japanese line which was surprisingly Christian too.

 


"Hey", Thats all he could greet back to the girls who is obviously awkward with him.

 


Why is that? Well because they were friends with Nayeon too. Not longer than Jeongyeon and Nayeon friendship, but they establish theirs when Jeongyeon deliberately ignored Nayeon during their 2nd year of Senior high.

 


"Not going to the mass?", Jihyo asked. The leader like and most responsible of the girls.

 


"Umm. Nope. I..I honestly forgot that today is Sunday", Jeongyeon confessed awkwardly.

 


The girls just remained silent but Dahyuns face clearly showed dissapointment.

 


"Well, see you around then, We'll go ahead", Sana intruded to avoid the awkward atmosphere which was a wise choice.

 


"Yeah..See you round", Jeongyeon replied and showed a lukewarn awkward smile to them.

 


He watched as the girls turned the right way heading to the church. 

Good people he thought, bringing back his past memories.

 

 

☆☆☆☆☆

Their 2nd class just started and still Nayeon is avoiding glances with him. Although he perfectly knew why she was doing this, it still bothered Jeongyeon that they werent still resolving their isue with each other.

 

Its been 2 weeks and Nayeon is still grumpy towards him. She would avoid him in the cafeteria or when going home from school. Even if he deliberately talked to her she would just answer his questions with a word or two.

 


And that day was no different. Because he was seated a desk apart from her on her left side Jeongyeon could clearly see her face from his spot. She never glanced his way or gave him a cheerful smile at the start of the class like she usually did.

 


"How many pairs of chromosome does normal humans have?", The Science teacher asked the class randomly to the students and he choses Jeongyeon to answer it.

 

But ofcourse the latter wasnt listening to the discussion at all and is busily glanncing over his bestfriend that was ignoring him the whole time.  
"Mr. Yoo? Answer the question please", the teacher called again.   Everyone is literally looking at his way waiting for him to answer the damn question, well ofcourse except for Nayeon who was scanni
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter