MIXTAPES 📼🎧

⏳EPHEMERAL⌛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

••○○●●°°•○●●●○○•°○●●○○°°•○●●○••°•○●●○°°•●•

 

❄❄❄❄❄❄

They say that you would be forever bound to the person you are with when the first snow falls.
 

 

It was the first snow of the year today and Jeongyeon is looking outside from his bed window. It was exactly 12 midnight when he woke up all of a sudden.

 

Feeling chilly than the usual, he opened his window and stared blankly till the snow flakes started to fall.

 

The first snow of the year and he was alone.

 

He would always be together with Nayeon every first snow of the year because it was one of his unbreakable vow he made to her.

It was his first time ever not being with her.

 


He leaned back to his head board with his comforter wrapping his body. He stayed awake the whole night till morning comes that he felt his head spinning.

 

He got put of his room with puffy eyes and dark bags under it.

 

"Jeongyeon", His father called from behind.

 

He turned back and stared at him for awhile.

 

"Do you want us to go on a vacation? ", His dad asked while resting his arms on his sons shoulder.

 

"Right now?", He asked back.

 

"Yeah, ummm us three, say, umm to Japan? US?", his father recited.

 

"No..Its Christmas soon, I want to be here", he replied and continues walking to the kitchen.

 

"We could have our Christmas at your uncle in Japan", his father tried to convince him.

 

Jeongyeon grabbed a cup and poured a newly brewed coffee on it. He then looked for the sugar container and noticed that they ran out of it.

 

"What do you say? Your Aunt also misses you", His dad continued.

 

Jeongyeon was now unwrapping a lollipop he found on the cookie counter and dipped it on the cup using it as the sweetener and at the same time a stirrer.

 

"No Dad", he replied and sipped on his cup of coffee facing his father.

 

"Come one Jeong, We havent had any vacation this whole year", His dad was in despair.

 

"You and Mom could go, I'll be left here, besides I promised Nayeon that I'll take her Namsan Tower, she might kill me If I back out", he said and chuckled to himself.

 

His Dads face suddenly strained out of color hearing his sons statemennt.

 

Jeongyeon glanced back to his Dad only to realized that the man looks a little pale.

 

"You okay Dad? Anything wrong?", He sincerely asked.

 

"J-jeong....Nayeon is gone", His father reminded him.

 

Jeongyeon gulped down hard upon realizing that he just blurted something he should not have. His hands felt cold and his lips got dried.

 

"J-jeong She is--"

 

"I..I know Dad, Sorry", He cutted and walked out of the kitchen just to be welcomed with a good morning smile of his mother on the living room.

 

"What do you want for breakfast honey?", his mom asked enthusistically.

 

"I..I dont..think I want to eat something Mom", he said and head back to his room with the still warm coffee on his hands.

 

He locked the door of his room and leaned his head on the door surface. He heard his parents argue below and he bit his lip knowing what was their topic.

 

Jeongyeon gulped his coffee in one shot before going inside his bathroom and had a shower. He drowned the sound of his cries with the loud sound of the shower. 

 

 

Today he dressed formally. He wore a black polo in his faded denim pants and his favorite MLB Jacket that Nayeon gifted him 2 years ago when they were in junior high. It still fits him perfectly. He slip on his chuck taylor dark blue converse before going out of the room.

 

He met his parents questioning faces when he got to the living room.

 

"Where are you going this time Yoo Jeongyeon?", his mother scowled.

 

"Im visiting someone", he replied.

 

"Son, just stay here, we dont want you involved in any trouble", his father said.

 

"Im 20 Dad, And Im meeting Jaebum Hyung", he reasoned.

 

"Jaebumie?", his father blinked.

 

"Yes, Im Jaebum", Jeongyeon replied and hurried to the main door before his parents could even stop him.

 

Jeongyeon sprinted  out of their house to the sidewalk which he called for a taxi.

 

Of course it was a lie, Jaebum and him wasnt speaking to each other for almost 5 months now since Jaebum knew that Jeongyeon stopped talking to his sister Nayeon. Jeongyeon just had to have a reason to get away from his parents.

 

He paid his fare and walked out of the taxi upon arrival to the towns cemetery.

He walked ahead to a spot he always visits.

 

"Hi", Jeongyeon greeted a marble stone with  an epitaph on it. He sat beside it and smiled sadly. He took out a scented pink candle and lit it using his pocket lighter then laid piece of red rose bes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter