MELANCHOLY 💧🍃

⏳EPHEMERAL⌛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

It was a lie.

 

They said waking up in early in the morning is the most refreshing feeling of the day.

 

It was a lie, definitely.

 

Because it doesn’t felt that way.

 

Jeongyeon felt like dying. For him waking up everyday is a constant reminder that life is a rubbish tragedy.

 

It was always a tragedy for him.

 

He wished he just died in his sleep so that he wouldn’t wake up to live and pretend that you are happy when truth is you are dying and rotting inside. 

 


He didn’t know exactly how he got home. It doesn’t matter anyway. Nothing matters anyway.

 

He lazily blinked his eyes and forcefully dragged his body to sit up. His body is sore. He doesn’t care anyway.

 

He got up and realized that he was still soaking wet from last nights rain and he didn’t bother changing at all.

 


 He scratched his hair and head straight to the bathroom and started to remove his checkered long sleeves and his gray shirt throwing it on the floor.

 

He grabbed his toothbrush and started brushing his teeth. He felt a sting on his mouth and immediately spat the foamy liquid inside his mouth. It was bloody. He gargled with the running tap water before inspecting his face on the mirror.

 

His lips were busted and it was still bleeding. He sighed, not because of the stinging pain on his mouth nor because of the wound that is still bleeding on his lower lip. He sighed because he hated the reflection of the person in front of the mirror.

 

He hated how that person looked, he hated how that person is still alive after everything he did.

 

He hated his self so much he can't bear to see his face anymore.

 

He looked away the mirror and headed to the shower. With his denim pants still on, he opened the shower head and sat down on the shower floor letting the water drip from above.

 


He shut his eyes tight and tried to calm his chaotic soul. He drifted to his memories. His memories with her.

 

 

☆☆☆☆☆

It was a nice weather and everyone is enjoying it. Its always nice to have a stroll at this kind of weather and Jeongyeon also loves it.

 

It was Friday that day and everyone else is going home that time, his classmates and friends are hurrying to finally end the day and have a good days rest.

 


A hand suddenly grabbed his arm from behind and he smiled softly knowing who it was just by her touch and the perfume she probably stole from her mothers dressing room.

 

 

“Nabongs”, he called without turning to the already smiling girl beside him.

 

“Jeongie, did you bring an umbrella?”, Nayeon asked while walking with him.

 

Jeongyeon looked at her. The yellow uniform of Hanlim Middle School suits the girl most. Well, she looked liked a normal middle school student in his eyes. 

 


“Why though? Its not even raining”, he reasoned while slightly frowning.

 

“It will rain”, she simply replied while humming an incoherent tune.

 


“The weather is good today”, Jeongyeon once again declared to the bunny girl who is now skipping while hooking her arms to his.

 


“It is for now, pabo”, she squinted her eyes and tried to flick his forehead but failed miserably because of their huge height gap.

 


“It wont, besides, I hate rain”, he concluded.

 

Right after he ended his sentence, the rain started to drizzle them and they immediately took shelter on the nearby cafe shop.

 

Jeongyeon glanced at his bestfriend and wondered why is she still smiling even though the rain ruined the beautiful weather.

 


“You shouldn’t hate the rain”, she said while tugging on his arm and forcibly dragged him on the slippery side walk.

 

 
“Hey, we would get soaked”, Jeongyeon reprimanded the girl while tugging her back to their previous spot.

 


“And so?, Its Saturday tomorrow, we could get sick during weekend”, she insisted.

 

“Nabongs...”, he whined to his friend.

 

“Come one Jeongie, anyone who says they hate the rain surely never danced under it”, She said with a wide grin.

 

Jeongyeon half persuaded sighed deeply before giving in to the girl. As he walk out to the cruel dancing raindrops, his body quickly shivered from the coldness it gave him. He halted his steps and thought of going back inside the cafe.

 

“Hey...don’t worry I’ll make it fun for you, you’ll love this”, the bunny teeth girl said as she drag him again on the outside.

 


She started running wildly with open arms enjoying the free shower from the ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter