Staying for this

Can you save me?

Why is it that whenever I feel like my life is finally heading towards a good path, something bad happens? And why does it have to be like this?

Eveything was perfect, Sungyoon and I watched alot of movies together. We have the same taste when it comes to the movies that we enjoy. No matter how old the movie is or how underrated it was, Sungyoon and I loved the same type of genre.

Even with the food, he bought me pizza, mojos, and chicken for breakfast. Then when it was lunch time he asked me to cook my favorite pasta. Then ehile watching the movies we enjoyed my favorite ice cream and some fries from McDonalds.

It is a perfect day.

It really was.

Until I received a call from my mother saying that my dog died. They asked me if I am okay and I said that I am busy right now that I can't talk to them right now. I said my goodbyes immediately as I don't want to hear the details anymore.

I stared at my phone where my wallpaper is the photo of my dog when it was still a puppy.

I remember when they gave me this cute tiny puppy, not a week old, and it felt like I was holding this fragile creature in my palm. The pup's mother died after giving birth and that if no one takes care of this puppy it will soon die. Luckily, it was my summer break that I got a whole month to take care of that puppy which I treated like my baby. That little nugget who had grown perfectly because I took care of him with everything I can, now I can't believe that I will never see him again. It's been months since I went home and I never got to play with him for the last time.

"Luna, are you okay? What happened?" Sungyoon walked in front of me. He holds my chin up. "Hey, why are you crying?" He tries to wipe the tears from my face that I didn't even know existed. My heart was broken. I just lost something dear to me. Why does it have to be like this?

I tried my best to tell Sungyoon what happened but mostly I just cried. It was almost dinner and I have no appetite to eat.

"Try and eat something please." Sungyoon took some food and tried to feed me. When I realized I opened my mouth and started eating. I am not hungry but I guess I still should eat.

I didn't paid attention to the movie we were watching. It ended afterwards and I just lie down in my bed while the credits play and Sungyoon tries to clean up the mess from all the food and the cooking from today.

After he's done he went and sit beside me. I'm still crying but I'm more calm now.

Sungyoon tucks the hair that was covering my face behind my ear. Everything was silent now. And I'm not in the mood to hear anything.

"So what will happen now?" I asked Sungyoon. I wonder if he has any plans to go home.

"I don't know. Do you want to do something?" He said.

I just stared at him blankly. Do I want to do something? I just want my whole existence to dissolve into nothing.

"Okay then. I'll just go to sleep now." Sungyoon said and he just got himself comfortable beside me. In my bed.

"What?" My voice almost cracked from all the crying. "What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"Well, I won't leave you like that. I just can't." He was a few inches in front of me. He is lying with his right side on the bed.

"So you mean. You are going to sleep here?" My voice seems to find it's strength now.

"Would you make me sleep on the floor then?" He looks so serious now.

"Won't your parents look for you? They will get worried." I'm trying so hard to look for reasons to mske him leave. Though I am not sure if I really want to be alone now.

"My parent wouldn't know. They live in Japan and I'm all alone in my apartment, so yeah, no one would look for me really. And I won't leave you here alone."

"I can't say anything to make you leave?"

"Yeah. I mean I won't leave."

"So you plan to sleep beside me?" I asked. Sungyoon blushed when he realized what is happening. "Uhm.." he tried to look away. A few seconds have passed and I wait as he look straight to my eyes and said "I won't leave but okay. Just give me something so I can sleep somewhere."

"Well. . .I don't have an extra bed or something. And I don't have a couch. Ugh. Just. You can sleep here. Okay." My head hurts so much from all the crying and I just want to sleep now. If Sungyoon stays, at least I won't cry the whole night.

"Okay then." Silence again. I opened my phone to check the time. It was just 9pm and my eyes are so heavy and puffy. I stared at the photo of my dog. Again, I got lost with sadness. Trying so hard not to cry.

"Give me that." Sungyoon said. Then he took my phone.

"Yah what are you doing." I tried to get my phone back but Sungyoon was so strong that I give up immediately.

He then takes a photo of himself, taps a few more on my phone, and returns it to me.

"Here."

"What did yo- you changed the wallpaper. And my lockscreen! With your picture! What?" I don't knoe if I'm mad or what because his photos are so cute but then I feel like I'm betraying the memory of my dog.

"You get sad whenever you see that photo so I thought if you see my face you'll just laugh and feel fine, at least." He smiled weirdly.

I almost forgot about everything. His smile heals whatever pain I am feeling right now.

"Please be mine." He said with a soft voice. It was so sweet and soothing.

"Wait. What?" I can't explain what I'm feeling right now. "Why would you ask that now?"

"Because I want to do this for a long time. Maybe forever." His face got closer and closer. I closed my eyes. There were moonlight or anything that makes this moment romantic and magical but what I felt when his lips touched my forehead was warmth and assurance. The promise of a better day, a gift of hope that everything will be okay.

Then the next day came, and I woke up with a Sungyoon holding a cute little puppy. Almost the same with my little pup but I know that this is a different one. Different yet I feel something similar. I feel happy.