Tell Me That I'll Be Okay

Selfish Desires

Jimin tossed and turned in the bed. He was under the softest of silk sheets, with the comfiest of pillows under his delicate head, but he was still so uncomfortable. And it wasn't even anything physical. He was asleep, yes, but he didn't want to be. He wanted to wake up. But his mind was forcing him to endure yet another torturous nightmare.


 

The soft chuckle rang out in the room.


Jimin looked up, fully aware of the fact he wouldn't be able to see the origin of the chuckle anyways. He always had some sort of blindfold on. Against his will, he let out a pathetic whimper, shrinking back into his shackles. It only caused another sound of amusement from the faceless voice in the room. The blonde hung his head and closed his eyes, whimpering louder this time. That's what the voice wanted. To see the human boy utterly at their disposal while he tried to wake up from his nightmare.


"Ah~ Jiminnie~! You have such pretty whimpers~.. but I'm afraid those lovely sounds don't counter everything. Do you know why you're here in this dream, Min-ah? Why you are being forced to stay asleep while time passes around you? Hmm? Do you?" The voice asked, a threatening tone laced into the sickeningly fake sweet one. Jimin shivered at it, trying to find his voice. Once he finally found it, his words were shaky as he responded. "N..No.. please, please.. don't hurt me.. please let me go!" He begged, causing another sadistic laugh from the voice. He flinched back at the sound, once again trying to wake up.


"I figured so." A footstep. He jumped, head going up in surprise. "Do you know who I am, Min-ah?" Only then did he realize that this voice belonged to that of a female. He whimpered, flinching away from the voice. "N..no.." he mumbled weakly, getting a laugh from the female. "Well, let me explain it to you, then. I'm the offspring of Aoandon. I am the new Aoandon. Do you know the legend of Aoandon?" The voice sounded displeased. Jimin gasped gently. "The blue lantern ghost. The demon with long black hair, two horns poking from her brow, long sharp teeth that are siceningly black, and who is always dressed in a white kimono. The ghost said to derive from a game of one hundred blue lanterns, who was summoned during such and has caused fatalities and become some sort of trickster spirit." He recited it like it was basic information.


Since when did he know that? He didn't recall ever reading up on the legend of Aoandon. But he didn't have long before she was giggling psychotically and coming closer to the shackled boy. Jimin let out a pitiful whimper, unable to move any farther. "Jiminnie~ Do you thing I am just someone of your dreams?" The voice asked, sounding as if she was right in front of him. He nodded weakly, losing the courage to utter another word. "Aw.. how cute. You wish I was fake. I am very real, baby, and I'm now always going to visit you~. Doesn't that sound nice, Min-ah?" Kill him now. If she was actually real, Jimin would never sleep again. He didn't even believe in the supernatural world that much.


"I have a request, baby." She said, and Jimin felt breath tickle on his neck. He whimpered, squirming and trying to get away. She giggled like the sadist she was. "You're friends with those six boys, yeah? I want you to absorb a little of each of their power into an orb. After you have six orbs with their magic, you will report them to the forest. You will take them to the large dark oak tree, and place them there to wait for my blessing." She said, and Jimin scoffed. "And why would I do that?" He snapped, getting a laugh from the demonic woman. "Because if you don't, I'll kill you, your brother, your parents, and all your friends. That's at least twenty one deaths, excluding your own. Do you want that to happen, Min-ah?" He had no choice. Letting out a breath, he whimpered and shook his head.
"Oh, on second thought. Bring me power of the twelve other boys, too. I want them as well. That's a total of eighteen orbs you should be bringing to me, Min-ah. Do you understand?" A nod was the only thing she got in response.


"How do you expect me to complete that task?" He asked gently. Quickly, she sunk her long black teeth into his neck, sinking some magic into him. He felt it in his veins, and he whimpered at the painful feeling. Once she deemed enough power given to him, she pulled away with a of her lips. "I've given you some magic. Now, I'll finally let you go. I expect you to complete the task, Min-ah~. I'll be visiting you a week from now to see your progress."


 

Jimin awoke with a start. Gasping heavily, he held the place where his neck was bitten, feeling something there. Springing up, he walked over into the bathroom connected to the room, turning on the light and looking in the mirror. As clear as day, right where his collarbone met his neck, was the black marking of the Stygal. It is said to bring death. The two crescent moons connected by only two lines and two small circles was enough to make him freak out. This was actually happening. He actually had to take power from his new friends and give them to Aoandon. That left him to wonder what his new powers were. He assumed it to have to deal with death because of the Stygal, but he'd figure that out later.


Walking out of the bathroom, he saw Yoongi sitting on his bed. Upon hearing his return, he looked over at him and patted the spot next to him. Jimin obediently sat down, giving him a questioning look. "We could all hear your whimpering. Is everything alright?" He asked, making Jimin whimper. As if expecting it, Yoongi held his arms out for the male to snuggle into them and cry. And that the boy did. So the Nekomata sat there, the other's blonde hair while he cried. He didn't know why he was crying, but he just let the boy cry his heart out. He probably needed it.


After a while, Jimin piped up. "Y..Yoongi?" He mumbled, sniffling with his head still buried into the other's warm chest. Yoongi hummed, hand stopping its motions on the younger boy's head as he looked down at him. God, he could pounce on the boy right now, and take him. Be the first to use their vessel. But he held himself back. He had made an agreement with his angel friend to only take Jimin after the first week of uhm, kidnapping him. Taking it as a sign to continue, Jimin sniffled.


"You won't let anything happen to me, right?" He asked, and Yoongi was surprised by the question. Of course he wouldn't! He couldn't even stand the thought of seeing Jimin in pain that he didn't enjoy. So, pulling away to look Jimin in the eye, Yoongi shook his head. "I would never let anything bad happen to you, Jimin. I promise." He said, before holding the boy close again. Kissing the top of his head, he hummed. Only then could the human feel the energy of his magic. It was black, and it radiated off of him. He also held this wisdom to him. Oh god the feeling of the power was nausiating. "It'll be okay, Jimin.." he said softly, brushing away the tear that had fallen from the blonde's eye.


Jimin smiled gently, even if he wanted to cry. Even if he wanted to tell Yoongi that Aoandon was forcing him to be a cruel person, he couldn't. Or else everyone he knew would die. So it up, he faked a larger smile and snuggled into Yoongi's arms. The Nekomata laid down, bringing the boy with him. They fell asleep like that, and this time, Jimin fell asleep without any dreams. He felt completely insane now. And he was sure that by the end of collecting the orbs, he would be crazy. Crazy enough to join this Aoandon lady on her scheme he knew nothing of. But that was for later. Sleep was all that processed through his mind.


 

Jimin was quiet throughout the whole school day. He couldn't find the willpower to talk after the Aoandon incident had fully set in. He'd basically sold out his soul, and his friends' powers. They would completely hate him for this. He knew they would. And by the end of the day, eighteen people were concerned for the blonde who now seemed depressed. They hadn't forced him to talk about anything, but Jimin knew they felt bad for him. He knew they only wanted to help. But he couldn't even bring himself to look like he was okay. Because he wasn't okay.


Jongin had offered to drive him home. Jimin declined politely. Instead of going home, he walked to the park. He didn't stop there, though. He travelled deep into the woods. Far enough where he knew no one would see him. Touching a tree close to him, he tried to test out his powers. He felt something painful flow through him, and he felt the bark breaking under him. Not realising he had closed his eyes, he opened them. Looking down, he was left with the remains of a tree. So one of his abilities was to completely reverse the life cycle past even the seed stage, in the tree's case. He whimpered at the thought.


Going over to another tree, he touched it. He felt a different energy flow through him this time. Opneing his eyes, he watched as a small orb came into the palm of his hand, floating with a golden glow to it. The force of a tree. Gently touching it back to the tree, he watched it sink back in. So far he had discovered two abilities he had. After a bit of wandering and testing the powers, he walked out of the forest. Time to test any other abilities on humans. Walking over to an old lady, he greeted her with a pleasant smile. She smiled back, wrinkles showing her wisdom and experience of life. He felt bad for tying her into his powers.


He blinked twice. His eyes went into a striking blue. They were glowing, and the lady gasped. But soon, she was on her knees, awaiting Jimin's command. So he could basically enslave people too, manipulate them. Nice. Letting her go, he put a finger to his lips. She hastily nodded, getting to her feet, absolutely frightened. "If you promise not to utter a word, I wont sentence you to eternal misery right at this very moment." He said, and she agreed without a second thought. Turning on his heel, he walked off, pouting. Why was he enjoying the feeling of the magic coursing through him? Surely he was just amazed by his abilities, right?


Oh how he wished Yoongi were here to tell him everything would be okay.