Barking Up the Wrong Tree

Selfish Desires

Monday morning was the day Park Jimin realized he was going to go insane in the Bangtan household (the name 'Bangtan', given by the boys themselves).

He'd woken up in the protective embrace of Yoongi, who was still pissed at Monsta X for yesterday. It had taken him a whole twenty minutes to even escape from the sloth-like male, who kept pulling him closer by the waist each time he attempted to escape. The blonde would have found it cute, if not for the fact he could end up being late if the elder kept him in bed. He only woke up so early due to his tendency to oversleep, after all.

After fighting to get out of bed, Jimin spent a bit too much time deciding on an outfit. He loved fashion, he needed the attention that came with looking good, but he was afraid. Would people whisper about him? Talk about his family? He didn't want to be asked if he was okay. Jimin was usually good at concealing his emotions, crying only when whoever was beside him was fast asleep.

So, instead of sticking to a high-fashion label, Jimin chose something cute and simple, something he was able to hide himself in. He had black jeans, a white undershirt, an oversized pastel pink hoodie and cute penguin socks that Seokjin had bought for him. Adorable for sure, and able to at least slightly attract the boys' attention.

He jumped down each step, the carpet protecting him from falling. Since he was a tad late, he had no time for breakfast, which he didn't mind. Jimin would eat something during lunch period in school, no big deal. Slipping on his converse, he hummed softly. Jolting up when he felt a hard slap to his , he turned to face the culprit with a pouty face. Upon seeing Jungkook, he furrowed his brows.

"Yah! Kookie!"

Said male grinned, humming at the sound of his nickname. "What, Chim? I didn't do anything wrong~," the male whined, leaning his body weight on the older boy. Resting his head on the lithe shoulder of Jimin, he draped long arms over his tiny waist. "Hurry up. We're going to be late."

"Well, I'd go faster if you didn't cling to me like a koala."


Jimin had never been more afraid to walk into school than at that very moment. Even with the six boys (who weren't very good at concealing their supernatural identity) standing next to him, he'd never been more scared. What if everyone blamed him for his family's death? Was he the cause? Would Sehun and Jongin still talk to him?

Heartbeat picking up, that's the only time one of the boys seemed to notice the change. Hoseok, the vampire of the group, looked over at the small boy, concern etched onto his face. Nudging Taehyung out of the way, who grunted in offense, he wrapped arms around the boy, only to be pushed off by a dog.

Jungkook instead taking Hoseok's place to comfort Jimin, he walked him to their first class, teeth bared for all those who decided to look at his precious baby. If they wanted to judge Jimin, they could judge all of Bangtan. And lord, if anyone dared touch his prince, say one bad thing, they'd be in for it. He was crazy, and the rest of his crew was only crazier. It was just a matter of time before Jimin realized what he'd gotten himself in for.


After his last class of the day, which still had Jungkook clinging to Jimin in a protective manner, the blonde boy was at his locker, minding his own business. In the midst of placing a book into his locker, the elder Park let out a squeak when a rough hand came in contact with the locker right beside him. His soft brown eyes were still trained to his books, afraid of whom decided to disturb his peace.

"Did you kill them?"

Tears swelling into his eyes, the sensitive boy looked over, still in a state of shock.

"What?!"

"Did you kill them?"

"Kill who?!"

"Your family."

Tears streaming down his eyes, the blonde looked away, afraid he'd lose his composure in front of some stranger, who had the courage to hurt him the way he had. Why would he do that? Jimin was still sensitive about the topic. He missed them, he missed them so much. It broke his heart to think that someone was accusing him of murdering them. Once he found the culprit, there would be no mercy. he had no room for ing mercy.

"I doubt that."

Head snapping up, he looked up at the stranger, tears flowing down his slightly chubby cheeks like a river.

"I bet you killed them. I bet you enjoyed watching them suffer."

"N-No.. I.."

"The press said it was a bloodbath in there. That one of them had all their limbs ripped apart, like it'd been done just for the sake of torturing them. Is that how sadistic you are? That you went out of your way to torture your last victim, and cause them as much pain as possible just because you felt like it? How pathetic can you be? And then you act all innocent, like you're a victim?"

Jimin was sobbing at that point, not caring about how he looked to whoever was around him. Why the should he care? He'd already been ruined, and he had some pretty valid reasons to be sobbing his heart out. Anyone who thought it was weird could shove it up their . It wasn't easy to him.

Watching the male about to open his mouth again, instead, a pale fist came in contact with his jaw, causing him to pull away and hold the spot with anger on his face. A certain white-haired man came into view, which had Jimin scurrying behind him in fear. "Thank you, oppa..," he mumbled, too quiet for anyone else to hear, besides Yoongi.

Said male smiled gently, his arm draping around the younger's thin waist. Looking back at the stranger who'd hurt his baby, he scoffed. He looked pathetic, with nothing better to do than bully some kid who'd just lost his whole family. "You're barking up the wrong tree, kid. Don't let me catch you messing with my baby boy again."

Walking away with Jimin, Yoongi snarled, his eyes clear in showing how pissed off that male had made him. Beside him was a still sodding Jimin, mumbling about why the world had to be so cruel to him, when it could have chosen from many, many people. Chuckling, Yoongi ruffled his hair, walking over to the waiting, concerned group of supernatural entities.

"Hey, kid. If the world is after you, take it as a compliment."