C H A P T E R 10

Forgiving him 77 Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your tears dropped into the bath as you slowly cried. Your heart felt like it was slowly crumbling to pieces, and no matter how hard you tried, you couldn’t piece your heart back together again. Holding your knees close to your chest, you screamed silently as you cried.

You wondered why Jungkook was never there when you needed him, you wondered why you trusted him enough to give him your heart, you wondered why you were stupid enough to give him your heart, body and soul when he didn’t ask for it, when you knew nothing between you and Jungkook was real.

 

 

The first night with Jeon Jung Kook.

 

You waited for Jungkook outside of the cinema, with your hands clasped together as you looked forward to watching Thor: Ragnarok with Jungkook. You were a huge marvel fan and one of your favorite avengers was Thor, played by Chris Hemsworth and you had reminded Jungkook again and again to not be late.

 

You had been anticipating for this movie since forever and you hated to miss the opening credits for any of the Marvel series because you’d be so engrossed in how cool it looks. You love that the opening credits would give you goose bumps, and you love that Stan Lee along with Disney had created a universe that you adored. As soon as the opening date for the movie was released, you had summoned all of your courage to ask Jungkook to watch it with you. Sure, you could have asked Taehyung the guy who watched almost all of the marvel cinematic universe movies with you but for some reason, you had wanted to include Jungkook in one of your favorite pastimes.

 

As soon as Jungkook agreed, you pre-booked the tickets and chose a suitable timing – 8.10pm for both you and Jungkook.

 

Though the timing was suitable, the weather decided to be a with its dark clouds that were followed by a heavy thunderstorm. You called Jungkook to ask for his whereabouts but to your dismay he told you that he’d be late. You tried your best to be understanding though, to create excuses for Jungkook that perhaps the unpredictable weather was to blame. Plus, there would be 10 minutes’ worth of commercial time so you wouldn’t miss out too much on the opening of the movie.

 

You waited and stared at the droplets of the rain, trying to shield yourself from the harshness of the aircon that was blowing out cold air, by stuffing your hands as deeply as you could into your pockets. The rain had stopped and the weather was calming down, just like how your hope had turned to disappointment.

 

By the time Jungkook had arrived it was already 9pm.

 

Without apologizing, Jungkook tried to usher you into the theatre but you didn’t budge. You didn’t understand why Jungkook was late, especially when he ended work at 6pm. There was ample time for him to arrive punctually but he was late for almost an hour.

 

“Let’s go in?” Jungkook raised one of his eyebrows up as he eyed you questioningly.

 

Instead of listening to him, you walked towards the opposite direction, heading out of the cinema. Jungkook ran up to you as he held your arm, turning you around gently to face him.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

You looked at Jungkook’s face as you silently fumed and thought to yourself - What’s wrong? Everything is.  How did he not have the self-awareness or a high enough EQ to understand that you were pissed because he was late? Because you reminded him countless of times to not be late but he still was.

 

Instead of answering Jungkook like you had answered him mentally, you hissed “the movie’s halfway over, there isn’t a point in watching it now,” though seemingly calm, your voice was laced with venom.

 

“We can always watch another one? Why’re you so mad?”

 

“Mad? I waited for months to watch this movie, I made plans with you beforehand, I reminded you again and again to NOT be late. Did you care? NO.” You took a deep breath trying to calm yourself down but you found it hard. You were angry, pissed and frustrated at Jungkook for breaking his promise, for not understanding why yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter