-- The Sketch --

It Has to be You (A Short Story)

 

I went to the company early in the morning. So that I could totally finish all of my work, especially for my deal with Mr. Choi Seunghyun. I assured the sketch of the house, adding with so much foundations in each corner so that it will not break down easily. I always do this when I feel if the sketch is not enough. That's why I have so many clients. And I think, this is the reason why I was promoted. Feel so tired bit it's good, though, because I enjoyed making it. It's my passion. I so love my work. I don't know what to do if I lost my job.
 
I yawned for a second, stretching my arms and bending my back a bit backward. At last, I now finished my work. " I hope Mr. Choi would love this. " I was hoping sullenly, bitting my fingernail. Few minutes had passed, the door went abruptly open and here was Chaerin sneaking behind. " Chaerin, it's you! Come in! " I cheerfully invited her to come in. " Ah. Why are you so early, Ms. Park? " Chaerin asked as she closed the door. I feel strange about her for calling me Ms. Park.
" Ms. Park?! " I chuckled. " Ever since I was promoted you're now calling me Ms. Park? Chaerin, you don't have to do that. You're my best friend. " earnestly I told my bestie.
" But you're the new Head Officer. "
" Yes, I know. But, I don't want to let things changed, especially to our relationship as best friends. "
" Alright. It's your decision, Bommie. " Chaerin lits a smile on her face and nodded her head.
" I'd love that. "
" Well, you're early, eh. " she spoke again while sitting herself on the chair in front of me.
" Right. Because I added something in the sketch. And that is my secret, Chaerin. " I was confident enough to tell her my secret. For I am trusting her, of course. " Your secret? " she breathlessly whispered.
" Yes. Before I will confirm the sketch, I added something first in each corner of the house, so that it will be completely strong. And now I'm done working on it. " I gleefully sighed, clapping my hands together like a kid. " That's why you have so many clients and was promoted. "
" I guess so. Oh! I'll get some coffee for us, okay? Just wait. "
 
I left Chaerin alone in my office for a while. Telling her to feel free moving around, so that I won't feel strange about her anymore. Because I don't want some changes between our friendship if I feel I don't like it.
 
 
Within two days passed, the carpenters had started making the house, using the sketch to make the house beautiful and fully strong. I feel so really excited and can't wait to my turn. I miss this again so much. I never expected that M. Choi Seunghyun the famous model had chose me to be his interior designer. Wow. What a feeling.
 
According to the signed contract, the house must be done by thirtieth day of July. I don't why it went so fast. But deal is a deal. It's two days to go. Nothing had much time left for us. So I guess we will make it overnight for we to finish it on the exact day.
 
Everyday is so tiresome. Everyday is so busy. Everyday I went home very late. I spent most of my time to embellish it. Finally, the carpenters were done and now it's my turn. Time merely gives me five hours to sleep, to rest myself on bed, or to nap, to doze off just a bit. Actually, it's my will, right?
 
And now it's already past twelve in my watch. Still, I am here at Mr. Choi's soon to be house. I mean it's his house now. I almost forgot that it's the day of our deal today. I'm not done yet, but almost of the house's designs were done perfectly. And I do hope he will going to like all of these things I've worked so hard. I sighed while slumping my body on the brown-checkered couch. 
" At last... " I closed my eyes and restlessly lie myself down. " ... I'm done. " I mumbled then finally went asleep.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
The right day I've been waiting for is finally here. I am very much excited to see my new house. " Bye, bye, condo. " I softly said, tying my necktie while prying on my mirror. I wonder why Ms. Park didn't call me nor send me a message regarding on my house. I guess it is how experts like her work. I'm done with everything here. then I went out with my traveling bag. I finished packing my things up.. And it's now time for me to move to my new house. I rode on my Honda Civic car and started the engine. Then off I go.
 
I soon reached the house. I stepped off down my car, putting the sunglasses off and was greatly dumbfounded. " Wow. " I uttered in amazement. I feel dazzled with my new house. I can't believe it would be done so beautiful. I picked the right choice. " Ms. Park Bom  is really great. " I smirked. Then pacing through the way to my house. I wandered through my eyes into everything. I am satisfied. I twisted the door knob to open it and walks in. " Omo. I am impressed! " I burst out with a big smile on my face. I never been like this before. " Now I don't know how to thank Ms. Park about this. " I laughed softly.
 
The whole things around were so beautiful. The designs were perfectly in order. I didn't see any mess things around. The place is so wide, vast, and clean. Everything was so perfect. And I have nothing to say. When I got into the living room, there I see Ms. Park sleeping on the couch. I was a bit shocked and had a question mark in my head. Why is she sleeping here, anyway? Sleeping while snorting. " Tch! " I cackled a bit, staring to her as I put my bag in a place. I went close to her and crouched my legs. I was planning to wake her up. But I think it's not a good idea since I feel that she seems so tired. Instead, I reached my finger onto her perfect shaped nose and tries to touch it carefully. It seems like I was playing while she sleeps herself out. Her nose was so cute and smooth. And I clearly see her face which I was so near to her. I fell out of smiling purely at her; I can sense it. She's genuinely beautiful not just from afar.
 
Subsequently, she went coughing and finally awake. I was startled and quickly bent my knees up. " Oh. It's you, Mr. Choi. " Ms. Park weakly told me as she was rubbing her eyes. " i was just excited that's why I went up here so early. " I exclaimed then, going to a place to sit on. " Ah. " agreeing tone she made. She stand from the couch while fixing her embroidery short dress and her long brown straight hair.
" Why are you sleeping here, Ms. Park? " 
" Ah! Because... because I was tired and so sleepy. And fell myself out asleep here suddenly... " Bom smilingly explained. " ... I apologize for that, Mr. Choi. I know I don't have the right to ---- "
" No. No, it's very okay for me, Ms. Park. No need for you to apologize. " I interfered in a sudden way. " Thanks. " she bowed down. 
" No problem. Well, this house is so wonderful. I love it. "
" Really, Mr. Choi?! Oh! Thank you so much. I'm so happy you loved it! " Ms. Park bows down in repeat several times.
" Ms. Park, don't be too formal. It's fine. It's me who should be thankful. thank you so much. " 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
" Ms. Park, don't be too formal. It's fine. It's me who should be thankful. thank you so much. " Am I sure with my feelings right now? Mr. Choi's alluring smile on me feels like so romantic. Urgh! Bommie, stop thinking like that, okay? Well, it's normal actually, because he's a model. And he already used to have so many admirers, right? But, I just feel strange about my feelings, I didn't put much any attention on him when I didn't see him before, but now when he's in front of me, there's something in him that really caught my attention. I don't know what it is, but... but--- urgh! Can you just stop thinking over some rubbish matters, Bommie?! Alright? 
" No-- problem. " I replied with an effortless smile on my face. Then it gives me a sigh.


Few days later, I have no news about Mr. Choi and to his new house designed by me. I chuckled. Maybe he's still enjoying to it. I feel so happy to see my clients' faces so happy, too. Now, I'm waiting for another client. I sigh. " So boring. " I whispered. And I hate it when boredom strikes. I want something for me to get busy. But then I just decided to stroll around and visit my friends in the tenth floor, especially my best friend Lee Chaerin.
" Ya. You're joking, eh? " I heard their voices  sounds so lively, hooting and jeering around with so much fun. Oh. I envy them. There were big curves on their faces, seems like they were enjoying to something. I miss that moment. " Can I join? " I interrupted suddenly. I just can't hold it. " Bommie! " Dara merrily responded with such a big smile when she see me.
" Of course, you can. " Chaerin simply just replied. 
" Thanks. "
" So, how's our new Head Officer? " Jiyong asked with something taunt plus happiness in his tone.
" Umm... It's good. Just kinda boring, because I miss this moment with you, guys. "
" Oh. How sweet. " the other Park sweetly said.
" Tch! Just tell us, Bommie that you never get boring to your new position. " I was gaped a little bit after Chaerin said that. Her actions were different the way I used to.
" Ah. N-- No. No, Chaerin. " I tutted, still with confusedness in my mind. I flinched to the other place as I breath deeply. " Ms. Park, there you are! " Mr. Jung's voice called in a sudden way. " Ah! Mr. Jung. " I was a bit surprised in his sudden presence, dashing to stand up from the chair. " You did  it again, Ms. Park. Mr. Choi was very much grateful of your work. Congratulations. " the chairman lavishly told his greetings to me. " Ah. Thank you, Mr. Jung. " I humbly said to him.
 
" Ya. " a voice appeared, interfering to our conversation. We face then and --- it's Mr. Choi. I went transfixed to see him. I also heard shuttered voices around me. Bruises we saw to Mr. Choi's face and an injured arm on his left. " " Wh-- What happened, Mr. Choi? " Mr. Jung stammered on asking it to him. " What happened?! I don't know what happened to me, either. How about you, Ms. Park? Do you know what happened about me? " Choi Seunghyun sarcastically said it back to me. " Ah!... " I was gaped. He turned the question to me? But... why? " ... I-- I don't know it,  either, Mr. Choi. "
" You don't know? Tch! I don't want to make a scene here, Ms. Park. But I just can't hold it... " What does he tries to mean to me? " I-- I don't understand, Mr. Choi. " I stuttered. 
" Are you trying to kill me, Ms. Park? "
" What?! " 
" You're the one who did this to me. Why? Because your designed house was collapsed. "
" What?! " Mr. Jung reacted; everybody reacted. I was badly shocked. " Collapsed? But, I assured the sketch before they build it. " I insisted.
" I don't know, Ms. Park. But it's my life's matter here. It could almost kill me. And thank, God I'm still alive. "
" I have an evidence, Mr. Choi that I made the sketch so well, and tried to make it sure that it will be well done. " I exclaimed it all, hurrying to get the sketch in my office on the eleventh floor. 
 
My heart throbs faster. I don't know what will going to happen. But I am innocent. I know what I'm doing. Now I feel so much taut. I snuffled. As when I came back, the atmosphere I feel all around is so excruciating. I am so worried about myself. " Mr. Choi, this sketch is my evidence. " I admitted. I scrolled it down to openit then. When I look to it, a dreadful feelings is all I feel right now. It seems like I want to cry out loud. 
" What happened, Bommie? " Chaerin asked me suddenly. 
" Everything is not right. " I ghastly told myself. Then I look to Chaerin and next to Mr. Choi.