-- You and I --

It Has to be You (A Short Story)
" What?! That's ridiculous! I'm not--- "
" Excuse me? " a cool-like voice hindered suddenly as she spoke.And it caught our attention. We searched where that voice is, and--- it's that girl's voice standing near the door. I was tranced and gulped my throat. I can't believe. I suddenly got a rheum eyes and a half-smile on my face. But, what's her reason to hinder our conversation that had been already started? " I'm sorry for my interruption. I'm Lee Chaerin... " Why did she introduced her name and acted so serious? " Chaerin, what are you doing? " I whispered curiously. 
"... and I'm the one who changed the sketch. "
" What? " I silently talked myself with eyes bulging. This is crazy. This is absurd. " Chaerin, you don't know what your talking about! " I was stunned and could barely believe on what she say. " You're my best friend. I know you can't do it. " my voice trembling. People around the room were shuttering their selves out hearing that absurd thing from Chaerin's mouth. 
" Believe it or not, Bommie. I am that someone. " 
" But... why? " tears had formed onto my eyes. I don't want to believe her. 
" Arrest her. " Mr. Choi's decision is finally decided and declared to arrest my best friend. " No. No, please don't! " I rushed and implored the cops not to do it to Chaerin as they hold her arms harsh and tight. " Bom. " suppressed Mr. Choi on me, gripping my arm meekly. " It's my fault, Bommie. I'm so sorry. I think I'm just too --- too selfish. And I deserve this. " For the first time I saw those eyes feels like ashamed on me, lowering her head that was trying to hide her face. 
" Chaerin, face me. I don't believe you! " Soon tears fall down on my cheeks. " Believe me... " Chaerin's voice were waving. "... because I'm your best friend. " For those seven years we've been together, this is the fist time as well I see her tears fall. I realize then to believe her... because she's my best friend. Chaerin left me in sorrow and unable to think clearly. I can't imagine that my own best friend did that to me. If she have a problem, then why she didn't face it to tell me? I am her best friend, and she knew it since from then. I can help her even if it's too difficult to solve.
 " Chaerin. " I hardly cried, staring at her as she walks to the place where the cops will put her.
 
Everything was finally fixed. Everything was soon back to normal. And thankfully I got my job back as the Head Officer. However, I can't believe that my best friend Chaerin was the true suspect. But no matter what happens, I always forgive her. It's just that... my trust towards her went slowly gone. But no need for her to worry, she's still my best friend. By morning, I got an invitation from Mr.  Choi through leaving a message on my phone. H asked to drink a coffee with him at exactly ten thirty AM. It's been a day since we never talked after the case happened a day ago. 
 
I arrived five minutes late at the coffee shop we suppose to meet. But I bustle my actions, naturally. I see him from the outside, waiting patiently for me while glancing one at a time in his watch and feels like he is kind of something feel bored. " Aigoo, Bommie! " I stomped my feet on the ground and quickly went inside. I swiftly went near to him and feels so sorry. " I'm so, so, late, Mr. Choi. And I apologize for that. " I bend my body down several times. " Oh. That's enough, Ms. Park. It's okay. I'm not mad at you. " he came out of cackling. 
" You do? " I was kind of feel like an innocent kid asking it to him. " Don't worry. And please have a seat. "
" Thanks. " I flashed a smile and take a seat then. " Ah. So, what do you need for me, Mr. Choi? " directly asking it to him.
" I am sorry I didn't believe you. I still continue the case on you even if you're not really the suspect. I'm so sorry, Bom. " In respect, he bowed his head down.
" I understand you, Mr. Choi. I truthfully understand the situation, especially taht we're strangers at each other. You don't know my personalities, and I don't know yours, too. But if we have a chance to know each other more, maybe there's still a chance for me to believe by you, Mr. Choi. " I cheerfully and honestly admit it to Seunghyun. He softly laughed out, " That's a good point of yours, Bom. But, how is your best friend? " 
" I forgave her. She is still my best friend. "
" you are really awesome, Bom. It's really hard to find a best friend like you. "
I chuckled and seems like I was blushing, " Oh. You're just kidding, right, Mr. Choi? "
" You're blushing, eh. "
" Hey, Mr. Choi. " I touched my face with m,y both hands and feels shy towards Mr. Choi. " How cute. But I'm serious. " he cackled back at me. How it feels like to have fun with him. I thought he's really a serious one, he could be happy-go-lucky guy as more than I thought.
 
Many days had passed, changes I perceived then from my surroundings. Changes that can hardly explain, taht only me who can fully understand but sometimes, I feel confuse, though. Somehow,, I simply live my life again at my condo even though I'm all alone. Likewise, my life now is as free as a bird flies above the azure sky; no more hindrances. Three times a week I'll visit my best friend Chaerin in the jail. I will talk to her everything what I have done good, and things taht could make her happy and alive. I'll bring each of her favorites and will never stop to let her feel what a true best friend means.
 
About the two of us, moreover with Seunghyun Choi, we often meet every weekdays to some places out there; just a method to ease when boredome strikes, and every weekends, we always meet at each to somewhere else and sometimes I'll visit him when he have his shooting to something. That's our daily routine. Well, it could help us to know each other more. That is why I am happy to know Mr. Choi. He's dorky, if you don't know. We twit at each other sometimes; calling Alien ti him and to me whenever he wants to tease back. There's so much fun when we're together, really. 
 
I sighed, leaning my hand over my desk and was arousing all the fresh memoirs we've shared together. It was fun and it makes me chuckle suddenly to myself thinking those funny memories. Unexpectedly, Dara Park and Gong Minji came in with their mouths blabbering at some reasons atht I don't know that it makes me frantically startled.
" No! You're wrong, unnie. That girl is not working here. " Minji with a short hair and heavy bangs ttutted to Dara.
" Hey, Minji, haven't you read what the article said? Read it again! " Dara replied and really disagree to Minji's statement, lending the magazine to her harshly.
" Hey! Hey! " I butted out, trying to stop the both of them. " Can you stop that bickering moment for a second? " I supplicated as I went close to them.
" Bommie, I'm just trying to let her understand about this article. But she just don't listen to me. " Dara exclaimed with all those different gestures she make.
" No, Bom unnie. Dara unnie is wrong that's why I don't listen to her. " she explained as well with an effort face expression.
" Okay, Okay! Let's stop this peevish thing, understand?... " I beseech in repeat with a fake smile. They weakly nodded together. I snuffled then. 
"... Now, tell me what's in the article. " They didn't respond, but Dara lend the magazine to me instead. I take it and peered to the magazine. " Choi Seung Hyun talks about the GIRL he loves?... " I was a bit surprised while reading the topic headline, because he never mentioned or expressed taht he's in love. I never see any signs in him. 
"Hmm... So, the both of you are his fans, eh? " I added cackling.
" Yes. " they smilingly replied in unison.
 
The article shared about some hints of who's the girl that Mr. Choi fell for. And those hints were so familiar. I never thought that I will be so curious about this mysterious girl. And never thought that there's still Dara and Minji waiting for me in front. 
" Uh, unnie, are you done? " I noticed Minji was gazing on me. I startled and didn't continue reading it. What I have read on the first part is enough.
 " Y--Yes, I am. " I stuttered, nodding my head.
"So, that lucky girl is working here. "
" See what I mean, Minjji?! She's working here! " gleefully Dara bragged over Minji. And Minji's went saddened, " Then, who could that be? "
" Who knows. " I shrugged my shouylders, lending the magazine back to Dara. Well, am I insecured? No! No, you're not, Bommie. Who cares? Whether he's in love or not, whether that girl is beautiful or not. Absolutely, I don't care! Urgh! I hate myself! Why did I get so easily affected?! 
" Aahhh!!... " I whined while messing my hair with my two hands. " You're okay? " Dara surprisingly asked me. 
" Ah. Yes. Yes. " nodded my head, fixing my hair back. " Ms. Park... " cropping out suddenly, a voice came in while catching breathes.
" Ah, who? Me? Or Bommie? " Dara asked. Naturally, we're both have the same surnames. So it's totally confusing.
" Ms. Bom Park, I mean. "
" Oh. Ms. Jang, what's the matter? "
" Ms. Bom, there were reporters at the ground floor... and it's you whom they need. " my assistant directly answered back, still catching up her breathes.
" What? For what reason? " I questioned her again.
" I don't know, Ms. Bom. But they're waiting for you. "
" O--Okay. " I stuttered and decided to go down to know what happened down there. I moved rapidly but calmly as I went downstairs with my assistant, Dara and Minji. I arrived there with my head tilt and a big question mark inside my mind, hearing those noisy reporters scattered around. " Why is that there are so many reporters here? "  Dara curiously asked herself out.
" Nobody knows. " Minji replied as she shook her head. I see Mr. Jung beside and is busy moving the reporters away. I went to him, " Mr. Jun, what happened? "
" Oh. I don't know, Ms. Park. they want to see you. "
" What?! "
" You're Park Bom? " one of the reporters tried to ask me.
" Ah. Yes and why? "
" Okay. Okay. Just a little silence, everybody! " Seunghyun's voice appeared in all of a sudden, drifting beside me with a serene smile on his smooth face. Somehow, the reporters followed him. " Why are you here? " I was astonished in his sudden presence. " Because you're here, right? "
" You're joking, aren't you? " I drew back. 
" Well, just listen to me, okay? " he implored with an evanscent smile. I lit a frown expression on my face. I'm curious. Oh. What is he doing? 
" Okay. I'm ready! " thumbs-up he said, giving a sign to someone behind the reporters. I just can't totally see it even if I wander my eyes there. I sighed.
" Lights. Camera. Action! " Now it makes me more curious when I heard those words from I don't know. Don't tell me there's a shooting happened here? Choi Seunghyun, why you didn't tell me?!
" Okay, everyone, you're lucky that you are all here. And to those who read the Hot Issue Magazine this month, the answer is here finally. Alright! This girl beside me is Park Bom, an Interior Designer and the Head Department Officer... " I was deeply shocked that he introduced me in the media. 
" Are you insane? " I whispered while smirking in front of them in fake.
" I'm not done yet. " he whispered back over my ear. "... So, everyone, she's the one I'm talking to. " Everybody showed their different reactions after Seunghyun said those words. And it was raining flashes of light from their cameras. Blabbering voices from the reporters spoke which I barely understand that they were asking it to me altogether. 
" What happened?! " the poor me shouted to Seunghyun, covering my ears tightly.
 
But he didn't hear me. Their shuttering voices were so noisy. The securities tried to push them away, but it seems they were stronger than them. 
" Wait! Silence! Silence please! " Seunghyun humbly asked it to them. At last, clamor went gone.
" I don't understand. Can you please explain this to me? Is this... a shooting? " quickly and bluntly I say to him.
" No. "
" Then, what? "
" Alright. But, please don't scream. "
What? Well, I won't scream, don't worry. " I am not used to scream, anyway. 
" Bom... " he paused for a moment. 
" Go on. " I can't wait patiently anymore. 
"... Can you... " Mr. Choi seems like he was struggling as he tries to tell it. I just sigh myself out. 
"... Can you be my girl? " he completely told it to me then. But after that, I was stunned for a second. " Bom? " he pried. I was startled, " Eh? "
" I said, can you be my girl? "
" You mean... I'm that girl you're trying to say in that magazine? "
" Yes. " I gaped, then. " I know it's too fast. But, I can wait, Bom. "
" Why should I believe you? " I rolled my eyes that something popped inside my head. 
" Because I am telling the truth. " he replied seriously.
 
I lit my chin up and crossed my arms over my diaphragm, " What truth do you have, Mr. Choi? " He fell out of cackling and answered back, " Those words are mine, Ms. Park. "
 
Every now and then, Seunghyun still waits. I observed he used so many strategies and carefully used them just to prove his love for me. It's just so funny seeing him rushing here, rushing there; because we have a deal, if I'm asking him what I want, he must do it as soon as possible otherwise... I will reject him without hesitating. I know I'm too strict to him and too hard-to-get, but it's my own strategy also if this guy is truthful enough and responsible. He's the top model in Seoul, and I know in myself that a person like him is very demanding and has a lot of complains. But, I never heard any demands nor any complains from his mouth. It's like... he just do his part and follow our deal. And trusting him that he will make it, it never fails me. H e proved it! 
" So, do I have the chance to be your man? " Seunghyun asked while looking at the wide sparkling sea. I looked at him, clipping my hair over my hair, " Seunghyun, everything that you did to me, I so much appreciate it all. I feel that... you really prove to me how pure you are. "
" So, what? Yes? " he face back. A curve appeared on my face saying, " Yes. "
 
Then a wide smile flashed on his face, " Yes! " he frisked out of the bench, jeering and hooting around. " Whoo! Finally, she said that word! "
" Alright, alright. Hush now. " I didn't expressed my feelings that much. But I am much more happy than he thought, because we are now together. " Bom? " Seunghyun gripped his hands on my shoulder and face me then. " Mmm? " I replied. 
" I love you. " the three magical words are finally appeared from his mouth which could make me stunned a bit. And there he went his face closer to my face... with lips touched. My eyes widened. My heart flutters abnormally. I don't understand this kind of feeling. But, this is love. Soon it ends. But still, this feeling surrounds me. " A--Are you okay? " he gazed on me. I agitated myself, " Yes. Ah. If this is a movie right now, maybe I will proclaim as the New Best Actress. " I blathered as if I was kidding. 
" You are funny, eh. " he hysterically laughed himself. 
" Really? " I smiled in fake. I acted so different tonight. Maybe it's that... it's my first time experiencing like this. So romantic. Urgh! What am I going to do? I have to end up this evening. But I don't know how. 
" Ah. I'm boring, right? "
" Eh? You? Not. " shook his head.
" Not sweet? "
" No. "
" Childish? "
" Yes. But, I like it. "
" Urgh! " I whined in all of a sudden. 
" Is there a problem? "
" I'm so sorry, Seunghyun. I just don't know how to respond to that kiss. Because... it's my first time. " Soon I burst out what I felt. I don't want him to feel like a failing person tonight; on our first date as a couple.
" You're first time? " this guy sniggered all over. Creases onto my forehead, " Hey! "
" Ah! " he snapped out. " Okay. I'm serious now. Well, actually, I don't mind about it, Bom. As long as you are now mine, and I am yours. I don't need anything, I don't want anything... but it's you my precious angel whom I need and want in my thirsty heart. " A pure smile showed on my face then after hearing those words which enlightened me much. " I love you, too. " embraced him tight and never want to let go. " You and I... together--- forever." 
 
A promise we made as couple, that will let us remember... that we are as one.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The End
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
So, it ends here. :))
Hope you enjoy the TopBom story I made. :))
 
Thank you so much! :*
To all the TopBom shippers, DAEBAK! :D
God bless all of you~ ♥
 
 
This is yemakim. Kamsahaminda! *bows down several times*