--Guilty--

It Has to be You (A Short Story)

 

Confidently I walk along the hallway of Jung Min Group Company. The company I worked before and recently I was fired out. I don't care what the people will say why I am here, and I don't care the was the looks at me. As long as I know what I know what the word 'innocent' means. I'm just here to explain it everything to Mr. Jung Seo Kyung. I know there's still a chance for me to believe by him. And Mr. Jung is my only hope to stop the case on me.
 
" Ms. Park is here?!... "
" Why she's here? "
 
Words I heard from them. People shuttering and whispering at each other when they see me. It's a big shock to them that I am here. But I don't care. I just continue walking without hesitating or doubt... or even facing to their reactions. Holding my chin up high.
 
I got to Mr. Jung's office then. I knocked my hand first on his door, and open it while taking a huge deep breath. I don't want to surprise him. But I guess it will make him surprise that I am here. He's writing something when I came in. I didn't make any clamour, that's why I guess he didn't notice me. I breath again silently and decided to greet him. " Good morning, Mr. Jung. " I seriously greeted him, bowing in front of him in respect. When I see his reaction, he was greatly surprised of my presence.
" You-- you're here, Ms. Park. " Mr. Jung stammered, slowly standing from his chair. I pace towards his table and was determined to admit it all to him. " Mr. Jung, I am here to prove that I am innocent and didn't done anything wrong in my design. "
" We're already talked about it with Mr. Choi. And the case is still on. I'm so sorry, Ms. Park. "
" B-- but, Mr. Jung. "
" You can go home now. " Mr. Chairman sat on his chair calmly and back to his work.
" I'm not done yet, Mr. Jung. " I really insisted.
" I've already handled situations like this before, Ms. Park. And my designers were always the suspect. "
" But I'm not like them! " I fought back. Always fighting for the truth is all I could do. He didn't respond. He picked the telephone instead, " Security, can you show the way out to Ms. Park? Thank you. " the chairman earnestly asked, then hung his phone.
" You really don't trust me, Mr. Jung. " Nevertheless, Mr. Jung didn't respond. I want to cry out loud and express to him my emotions on what I really feel. But this is not the right place. I have to be strong in front of them, or else, they will tear me down so easily without any endeavor.

Soon the security came and gripped his hand on my arm, and tried to drag me out of Mr. Jung's office. I shove his hand off my arm, " I know the way out. " sullenly I uttered these words. I bowed my head to Mr. Jung and I off goes on the archway. Nobody's on my side. No one's believe me. I'm all alone now. I walk down the cold street alone with deep thoughts. It makes me feel more sad to be alone. Neither Chaerin, she didn't leave a message nor call me on how good I am, if I am fine or still breathing. None. No one of them. Promptly, someone grabbed my hand and hauled me then along the way. I terribly feels scared. I gazed to that person in front of me. But I can't see his face clearly for it was covered with its hood. " Who-- Who are you? " my voice was waving as I asked it to that person. " Don't worry. I'm a good friend. " a sweet familiar tone of the person answered. I tried to soothe myself. I have to trust this person. But, I guess I already knew this person. I just can't tell whom this person is. Suddenly, the stranger stopped at the coffee shop. I cringed a bit from that person. I was really that curious.
" It's my treat! " the person spoke blissfully, putting the hood down with a serene joy in her face. My mouth dropped half, " Dara! "
" I surprised you, eh, Bommie? "
" Oh! Really! You surprised me! " But then I managed to chuckle when I see Dara. She's such a good friend and a pain reliever. " Come, Bommie. " she grabbed my hand again and hauled me inside. " You don't have to do this, Dara. " I said to her as we take a sit near the glass wall. " It's alright. I planned to this for you since I worked in the company. Because I'm so comfortable getting along with you, Bommie. " Dara sincerely said these words to me. I feel more enlightened when Dara said that.
" Dara, thank you so much. " purely I beamed a smile just for her.
" Don't mention that. "
" But, you're not suppose to be here. You must stay in the office or else Mr. Jung will caught you here. " mean fully I changed the topic.
" I don't care. This is just the only way I ought to think to help you out, Bommie. I know you need someone to talk to. "

I don't know how much I feel so happy today. And this is because of Dara. Supposedly, by this time, I am depressed and was lonely inside my condo, chomping with all those corns while watching some stupid movie. But it didn't happened, because I was Dara right now. " Once again, thank you so much, Dara. " thankfully as I was talking to her.
" No problem, Bommie... "  Beamed her smile with her teeth so white. "... So, what's your plan? Tomorrow is the day that you will meet with Mr. Choi Seung Hyun at the court. Do you already have a lawyer? "
" No need for me to have a lawyer, Dara. As long as I know that I am innocent and knows the truth. But... "
" But, what? " Dara peered.
" But, I just don't know who changed the sketch. " I problematically shook my head.
" However, you're lack of information, Bommie. " the girl with short curly hair in front of me sighed. " Don't worry, Dara. I can do it. God will help me, and I believe it. I won't let them win over me. "
" Aaahhh... I feel so scared about you, Bommie. " she quickly shake her body when she terribly felt it about me, clasping my both hands tight.
" Don't be, Dara. I'll be fine. I promise. "
 
A big curve on her face she showed to me before she replied, " I'm going to support you, Bommie. Fighting! And I'm so sorry I can't go with you tomorrow. I'm sorry, Bommie. " the curve vanished replaced with sadness I see on her face. " That's not a problem, Dara. " I assured her saying that. Then subsequently, my phone rang aloud. I rush as I get inside my pouch. " Hello? " placing it on my ear. " Hello, aunt Bom? Is this you? " a cute and a weak familiar voice replied then on the line. This voice sounds so familiar. " Ah. Yes, this is. Who-- is this, by the way? " I am not that so sure if this is my niece, that's why I ask it to her.
" Auntie! This is Sabrina! " gleefully she shouted over the phone. I fee so glad when it is Sabrina my niece. " Sabrina, I'm so happy to know that this is you! " I fell out of chuckling.
" Auntie, is it true that you were fired out because of trying to kill Seunghyun Choi? " I speechless for a moment. I don't know what to say while Dara is asking in front of me saying, " What did she asked? " In a lip-reading way. I answered back on the way she did saying, " Wait. "
" Ah. Did you saw it on t.v? "
" Yes. "

I sighed with my eyes closed. This is such a big problem. So, Mr. Choi admitted it to the media, eh? You're so dead, Bommie. " Ah. Sabrina, do you believe-- what the media said about your aunt? "
" No. I know you're the best and a kind designer to your clients. " My heart was touched on what my niece said. I can't believe I still have her on my side. I thought--- I thought everyone were against me. " You're right, Sabrina. Don't believe them, understand? They're liars. And liar goes to... "
"... Hell. " we cackled in unison.
" Hey! " I was startled for that sudden shout. Oh my. I know this is not Sabrina any more.  " What are you doing, Bom?! " a big voice shrilled which could made me distance away from the phone on my ear. " Mom! Don't shout like there's no tomorrow. " I griped, handling my phone back.
" I heard a news about you! "
" Yes, I know. Sabrina already told me. And do you think I did it? "
" No. " directly answered back by my mother.
" See? You don't believe them as well. They have no proof over me. They're liars, mom. Liars go to hell. "
" Right! They're just trying to break your career, right? "
" Certainly, Mom! "

Also my mother, she didn't believe them. Because she knows that her daughter is doing the right thing and never did such any ungraceful manners.
" Hey, Bom, take good care of yourself there, alright? "
" Don't worry, Mom. I'll be fine. "
" Bye. " mother then bids her farewell to her daughter. " Bye, Mom. Take care. And to Sabrina, too. "

It seems like I want to fall out of crying. " Are you okay? " Dara asked calmly. I nodded my head, " Yes. " whilst hanging my phone and put it back inside my pouch.

When evening came, I went up early on my bed and ready myself for tomorrow. Thoughts were flying on my head as I lay myself down. I have to stay strong. And I can do it. I have to believe in myself. That's the only way. I decided and tried to leave a message on Chaerin's phone then.Maybe it's the only way to reach her and for her to respond quickly.

Chaerin, how are you? You know what, I so miss you! Hope you're doing fine. And me, too. Ah. I hope you can go tomorrow with me at the court. I guess... I badly need you there. But it's fine if you can't go. I understand. So, that's it. Bye! Take care!  =)

Expectedly, I was waiting for her reply. But no matter how I wait, still I didn't receive any reply from her. I sighed. " Good night, Bommie. " I just greeted myself with disappointments and then sleep. I guess Chaerin didn't care about me any more. I guess she already pulled me out into her life. I understand.

New morning had welcomed me on the next day, fresh and cold-morning again. And a case that awaits me there at the court. At exactly nine o' clock AM, I soon got there. Really different aura I feel around the atmosphere inside. And ran across subsequently with Mr. Choi along the hallway. " Good luck, Ms. Park. " he managed to stop just to greet that word to me in an emotionless face expression. I nodded my head once with a grit. Feels like I don't want to start this moment. But this is my fight against them.

Mr. Choi was with his lawyer and some of these people. I guess it's his relatives. and Mr. Jung was with him at the same time. Unlike me, I am here all by myself without any lawyer or even just a friend. It sounds like this can trigger me to feel discouragements and lose hope. I feel so nervous. My heart thumps abnormally. I snuffled and tried to calm myself; to make myself in composure. " Hoo... This is it. " I closed my eyes and clasped my hands over my chest. Momentarily, the case have finally started. I was sitting on what they called 'hot seat'. The people are facing me, their attention is on me. I want to collapse. " Aigoo. " I sighed to relief myself again. Remain focus, Bommie. Don't look at them. They're monsters.
" Ms. Park, tell me what's your purpose on why you did that to Mr. Choi Seunghyun. " Seunghyun's lawyer with mustache seriously asked me. Is this how lawyers talk to someone like me? Or it's just his style? His eyes were narrowing into fire. Is he mad at me? " Ah. Honestly speaking, Attorney Yang, I didn't done anything wrong which could cause him into death. As a designer, my vocabulary is loving my clients as I love my job. " I plainly and bluntly said everything to this Attorney Yang.
" Oh! Then, why did the house that you designed aside from the architect collapsed? You said you love your clients. The architect said that you personally talk to him  to give the sketch right away to you after he could finished it. " he sarcastically questioned me again, walking back and forth.
" Yes, Atty. Yang, I love my clients. It's just that... there's someone who changed something in the sketch that could make the house collapse early within just twenty-four
hours. " I blurt out, admitting it to him.
" Then who's that someone? "
" I don't know. " directly I answered back without me hesitating.
" Ms. Park, your explanations are barely proven if you don't know that someone. Or maybe... it's just you that someone and you just can't admit it to us because you're afraid to be confirmed as guilty. "
" What?! That's ridiculous! I'm not--- "
" Excuse me? " a cool-like voice hindered suddenly as she spoke. 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Sorry for the so late update, guys. Mianhamnida. T.T
 
yemakim