Change Of Plans

Healing Hands
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I requested for an early departure so that I could prepare a little surprise for Joy back home when she comes back or if she comes back. She told me before that she adored Garden Phlox plants. They are large clusters of pink, purple, lavender or white flowers that I've never known existed before until she introduced them to me one time. I heard they make great cut flowers so I thought that gifting this to her wouldn't be a bad idea. She said she never had the time to buy any so I'm taking the initiative. She can enjoy the scent in her room or wherever she chooses to place them. I'm laughing like an idiot to all of these merry outcomes. I bought a bouquet of them while picturing Joy's cheery face when I give her these ^.^

But deep inside, I felt concerned for Joy. 

Luckily, love songs comforted me as I drove my way back home from the nursery. The sweet voices and soft tunes calmed me down. I haven't seen Joy ever since she left in a hurry after the surgery. Hope she's okay... 

I got out of my Toyota Corolla hatchback, carrying the flowers in my hand. Seulgi already rang me to say that she and Wendy have already arrived. 

I knocked on our pale door. Seulgi was the one who opened the door for me. "In you come." She insisted while eating chocolate. 

"Sorry about this favor guys." I apologized, placing my bag and flowers down on the table. "Nope, it's totally fine, we didn't have anything to do anyways." Seulgi said plopping down on the sofa. I knew she was just saying that to make me feel better. There's always something to do at the hospital but I went with it, "Oh really? That's cooool..." I pursed my lips in my failed attempt to act natural. But I did sneak in a smile at the fact that they made it here before me. Another reason why I was lucky to have such best friends like them. Friends who are willing to sacrifice their time for another.

I saw Wendy preparing something and it smelled really nice. She noticed me staring, "Since you're so thrilled about cheering Joy up, we decided to make a cake for her to up the ante ya know. Obviously I did it all by myself coz Seul's a lazy hoe." She laughed, "Yeri, can you hear a bish in my presence?" Seulgi joked holding up her fist. I blushed at their kindness.

"Aww you guys, thank you so much." 

Before I know it, the atmosphere turned thick. Awkward silence filled the room and somehow I felt painfully out of place. I can tell that they wanted to ask about Joy.

"So... the question we've been busting to ask. Why was Joy so pissed? How did the surgery go??" Seulgi finally asked, renewing the atmosphere. I sat down on a bar stool looking dazed, "Well it's because of the surgery that made her upset." Flashbacks of how everything collapsed during the surgery attacked my mind.

"It's just- it was so much for us. I came out 'alive', but we know Joy didn't... She probably feels dead inside right now." Seulgi turned towards me. "But wasn't Dr. Irene with you guys?"

"Yea but she had something 'important' to attend to." I said pouting my lips.

"So important that she had to leave??" 

I nodded. Wen and Seul exchanged stares. They're probably wondering what happened in the surgery.

I changed the subject because I thought it was best to not talk about it. I'm sure they had tonnes of things that they're currently worrying about that didn't include Joy or I. I didn't want to add more to their worries by telling them about our little mishap.

"Hey what kind of cake is it? It looks yummy." Wendy looked up at me, "Of course it does, I made it lol It's a tropical vanilla cake." She answered. I inspected it and it was making me drool. Vanilla cake layered with pineapple accented coconut filling & topped with apricots on the edges with buttercream & shredded coconut in the middle? Yea... pretty sure I got the description all wrong XD but I did work in a cheesecake shop before lol

They looked past me to the flowers I bought, "And I guess those are for your special someone??" Wendy teased. "Yea and is there a problem?" I said in a deep manly voice, initiating laughter to both of them. "Can't wait for her reaction to our surprise... She wouldn't be able to handle how sweet you are for doing all of this for her!" Wendy exclaimed smirking. I blushed while smiling away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter