Real World

Healing Hands
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cars and trucks drove past us as we all walked on the pathway. We were just young adults on our road to becoming doctors in our desired areas. It was a great feeling :D

We just finished our courses not long ago at university (except for me), and the director thought it was time to give us the fantastic opportunity of attending Angel Wing Hospital aka AWH, where we'll be able to undergo our internship there for an entire year for free! Woooohooo!!! But the thing was... we might be lost...

"Hey Yeri, do you think this is the right place?" Seulgi asked casually eating a packet of chips. She was wearing black jeans, a jacket sitting comfortably over her white top and a pair of sneakers. I turned back. "Yea.. I'm totally sure..." I confirmed worriedly skimming my eyes across the crowded city trying to find the hospital. 

Seulgi is the type of person who is very lazy, a dumb sometimes but despite that, she can be classified as one of those mad prodigies which I admired about her. 

"Seen anything yet, Wendy?" I asked as she strolled beside me wearing a knee length skirt with a shawl covering her blue singlet. She took her time giving me an answer, and I was losing my patience. "Yah! Did you hear what I said??" I asked annoyed, pouting my lips. I saw her staring at me in disbelief. "Can you not see it?" She asked raising an eyebrow peering at me. I followed her eyes and whipped around. There, I looked up and saw the giant building looking down at me. "Oh, it's right there...." I smiled sheepishly, a bit embarrassed. "Come on, we don't wanna be late." She said leading Seulgi and me across the zebra crossing. 

Wendy... was... hmm where do I start? To put it just simply, she was like a sheltered genius who has been groomed for success her whole life. Regardless, they were the best of friends to me. We met in middle school and our friendship kind of grew ever since. 

We made it to the entrance door. I assumed it was an automatic one because I saw the PRI (passive infrared) sensor at the top of the door so I continued walking. Then I felt someone grab my arm. "Yeri, I don't think it's automatic," Seulgi warned still stuffing chips in . I stared at her confused while Wendy entered in by pushing the door. 

"But.. but! Look, there's a PRI sensor at the top of the door!!" I argued, pointing up. She sighed throwing her scrunched up, empty chip packet in the bin, "Seeing that doesn't always mean it'll work. If it did, it would've already opened for us. You nearly hit your head on the door." She laughed pulling me inside as she copied Wendy's movements.

We saw Wendy at the front desk. "Here they come." I heard her say. The lady waved at us as we fast walked to them. It seemed Wendy's already taken care of herself and is just waiting for us slowpokes.

We both handed her our student identifications from our bag so that she could sign us all in for the program. She stared and flipped through our papers and suddenly formed a smile on her face. "Ahhh you are the girls from the Silverleaf University... welcome! You three are fortunate to have this rare opportunity to gather your experiences here at Angel Wing Hospital. We don't get many transfer students over because we're quite expensive." She winked at us while processing our information through her computer. We all gave her an awkward smile as she handed them back to us. After a few clicks on the computer, she permitted us to wait in the corner for our respected doctor to come and guide us. I thought it wouldn't be that easy to get in. Don't hospitals always have a long queue of people waiting to be taken care of? Oh well, it's not like I'm complaining or anything. Easier the better XD.

We made our way to where she pointed and plopped down onto the soft cushioned chairs. We laid our bags on the glass table. Seulgi whipped out her hand sanitizer to rid her oily fingers from the chips she eat earlier. "You guys want some?" She offered. We both nodded. She handed it to Wendy first. "So what are you guys doing again?" I asked enjoying the air-con. "I was going to do Orthopedics, but I'm kind of wanting to move towards the cardiothoracic side of things with Seulgi," Wendy answered handing me the sanitizer. "Double ups huh?" I laid back squeezing the gooey liquid on my palm. 

They were both older than me and knew what they wanted to do and then there's me, who doesn't know. They've already got tonnes of experience from these places before too.

"But I do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter