A Promise To Keep

Healing Hands
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh man, I better hurry up my . Joy's probably waiting for me outside. I quickly grabbed my clothes from my closet and frantically started to put them on until I heard the doorknob turning. For a split-second, I thought I was in a horror movie XD

"Sup Yeri-ah." I turned around to see someone at the door. It was the person I least expect.

My body froze in the middle of changing. "J-Joy!? You need to knock before barging in like this!" I covered myself partially with my clothes that are yet to be worn. "Don't be like that. We're both girls after all so don't fret." Joy assured, walking in wearing a pair of plaid shorts and a crop top. Well, she wasn't wrong but still!! I wonder why she would come into my room? Did she want to ask me something?

Despite this awkward situation, I quickly got my loose floral top on and slid into my jeans with her distracted by the candles that I had lit earlier. Then I scrambled to my dressing table with Joy smiling as she saw how rushed I was.

"It's not like I'm your boyfriend who's taking you out on a date. Be casual, your looks are way too good for make-up. You already look drop dead gorgeous!" She complimented. I looked at her in the mirror starting to blush. I struggled to give her an answer because I didn't want her to know the real reason. It was because I wanted to look good for her. I exhaled deeply, "It's not that, it's just... what if my beeper call rings? I don't want to look unprofessional with just my bare face when I walk into the hospital. Like you told me, we're doctors even if we're not 'working'." I saw Joy smiling as she made her way to my bed. "I'm glad you remembered what I taught you."

With that, she waited on the bed behind me. It was nice and all for her to wait for me like this, but I felt kind of bad that my hand began going out of control.

A few minutes in and I felt a tug by Joy, firmly pulling me away from the mirror. I guess she noticed my shakiness. "How about I help you with that?" She pushed my shoulders down until I sat in my office chair. She took the brush and palette gently from my hands and began to continue where I left off. She blotted on my face as if she knows exactly what she's doing. "I hope you don't mind if I take control here." She giggled while brushing around the edges of my mouth. "Oh... no t-take your time..." I whispered, full-on blushing. I hope my foundation was able to cover the redness on my face.

I was speechless because of how close her face was to mine. Somehow my eyes were attracted to hers. Her eyes were the colour of earth-kissed by spring rains, the hue that promises to stir life from dormant seeds, the nascent plants guided upward by the light before blossoming into the vibrant colours of a new season. I felt her chocolate-brown eyes drilling into mine as I slowed my breathing. I saw the candles by the side shimmering from the corner of my eyes. Seeing her glossy, full lips sent my mind into a sensual state of intoxication. I couldn't help but think of the things that I shouldn't be thinking. I was totally hypnotised by her everything.

I don't know if it was the world moving around me that made it so that Joy was moving closer and closer to me or if it was just my imagination. Finally, I broke away from our little moment when I remembered that Seulgi and Wendy were here. Anyone of them could've come in. "Um, you know! You're right, I don't need makeup. Let's just go." I said standing up. The tools in her hands dropped to the floor as I pulled her by her hand.

When we came into the living room where Seul and Wen was, I let go of her hand. All eyes were on us as we strolled casually over to the door. I don't have to look at them to know that they were watching. Joy went out first, "Enjoy you guys!" Seulgi waved while winking at me. They gave me the thumbs up as I stuck my tongue out at them before I closed the door.

Since the rain had stopped, everything became more convenient. A rainbow even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter