Exposed

Healing Hands
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been almost a month. Every day seemed like hell. It was all work and study, but I felt myself improving every time Dr Irene praised me for something I did well. For example, being able to advise the right treatment for a patient or identifying where the anomalies were within the peripheral and central nervous systems. Hopefully, I'll ease up on it. We managed to keep up with the rent which was good and recently we got a fireplace installed in our home for Christmas at the end of the year. The only thing that cheered me up was seeing Joy at the hospital and at home... our little moments together seem to make everything better. Every time we talked, we moved further and further past the acquaintance stage and ended up being good friends. My feelings towards her didn't deteriorate; instead, it grew immensely but she doesn't know that, neither does Seul and Wen. I've gotten to the point where I know I've fallen for her.

"I'm back! Whatcha doin?" I asked getting out from the rain as I entered in. Wendy was on a bean bag watching something, and Seulgi was... I don't even know lol.

"O hey! The wait's finally over. The furniture movers just transported more of my things here from our old apartment, so I'm just sorting them out and guess what? Wendy's found another anime to watch." Seulgi giggled. Wendy was too absorbed in Death Note to look at me. "Great now shoosh coz Light's about to do L so good." Wendy hushed without moving an inch in front of the TV.

"Did you finish your project?" Seulgi asked. I hung my car keys on the key hook rack, "Yep and they were impressed with it too. What's good is that I've got a day off tomorrow unless I'm on call which means that I'll have to get my over to the hospital to help out or even stay overnight.” I said annoyed. Wendy turned around, “Ha! So you've come this far? Being on call is like the worst thing ever, you’ll get used to it soon though.” I groaned while dragging myself into my room letting my hair loose. I placed my bag down and fell starfish position on my bed facing upwards. It felt like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest. Now that I can relax, the first thing that came to my mind was Joy. She's been away for today as she went to visit her family. She was lucky. Unlike us, her family lives here in this city while ours are a few miles away, so all we could do is skype or facetime them which isn't the same as seeing them in person.

Before I dozed off with the lit candles scattered in my room, I suddenly remembered that I still needed to patch upon knowing what the difference was between epidural and subdural epitoma. It's been bugging me lately. I went to my desk and stared down at my opened notebook to where I left off this morning. Under all of my notes, at the bottom of my page, I saw a diagram of a blood clot that I didn't remember drawing. I analysed it carefully and a Eureka moment hit me, "So the shape of the blood clot is the differentiator between the two?"

Who drew this? I came back out and asked if Seulgi or Wendy did.

They spun around and took a look at the diagram and shook their heads. "Wait did you not see? Joy was the one who went into your room before she left to visit her family today." Seulgi informed. "Wait she did...?" I was deeply touched by her kindness but wasn't surprised that she would do something like this for me. She must have collected her pen that I borrowed from my desk and came across my notebook. No wonder...

"I'm more surprised you didn't ask us, now Joy had to draw this for you," Seulgi said looking gloomy. "Hey, I only got this question from Dr Irene yesterday. I didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter