TRIGGER

The Purpose of Our Lives

I was sitting in my math class, my mind somewhere else. After a while of aimless wandering, my thoughts ended up on the previous night's dream. 
I had been dreaming the same scene since the night of the day i found jungkook's note. 
The same dream would haunt my nights. Jungkook, looking at the night sky from the window of a dark room, his hands trembling and face wet with tears.
I couldn't help but panic at the thought of what i had dreamt last night. How I had clearly seen him jump out of that window.
It made no sense, the sudden change in the dream. Well, the recurring dream did not make enough sense in the first place, so this change made me beyond worried. I had to keep reminding myself that this new nightmare was detached from the reality as much as the usual one. It was just a figment of my imagination.
Nothin---  "Ms. Milly, i see you find looking outside the window more exciting that my math class. Why don't you leave the room then?" The math teacher half-shouted in my direction and I didn't spare a second to ask for a second chance and gathered my things and exited the room.
I fished out my earphones and decided to roam the campus to kill time till my last class. 
I was passing the school bulletin board when something caught my eye. Or rather, someone.
A tall guy with bright red hair was scribbling something on the bulletin board. On taking a closer look, i realized he was drawing a mustache on the picture of the school dean.
Without a second thought, i rushed to him and impatiently tapped his shoulder. When he looked back, i said, "You know if someone finds you doing this, you'll be in great trouble."
He gave a short laugh that sounded more like a snort and casually said, "I know, right?" "Then why are you doing it?" "I think he looks much better with a mustache", he explained with a boxy grin. It fazed me for a second, his smile. He was sort of beautiful. His sparkling eyes held so much amusement and excitement, making him look younger than he must be.
I shrugged and began to move on.
"You're not gonna report me, are you?", he said in an amused tone, as if challenging me.
I said in a disinterested voice, "I don't care enough."
"Wait, is that a bts cap? Are you fan too? Wow, lemme see.", he suddenly said and took off my cap without any warning, causing my untied hair that i had stuffed in my cap to fall down on my shoulders.
"Woah, y-you look like Rapunzel!", he continued in an amazed voice.
I, on the other hand, was beyond annoyed at the lack of his manners, and a little uncomfortable by his gaze. The guy seemed to have no filter!
"Do you mind, dude?", i said in an exasperated voice and took back my cap, turning on my heel and leaving the weird guy, as the bell rang.
"Hey, wait Rapunzel!", he called behind me, annoying me more with the stupid nickname. I quickened my pace and soon reached my English class.
I took my usual seat at the back, 2 rows across from jungkook, from where i could surreptiously sneak peaks at him.
The class filled within minutes and he finally entered, eyes downcast, earphones plugged in his ears.
Soon class started and i tried to concentrate but my eyes kept finding him.
I was almost done listening to the teacher when my ears caught what she was saying about the poet Sylvia Plath's suicide.
"God rest her brave soul in heaven. She must've gone through so much. One can't blame her for the step she took. Life is hard after all- uh yes Ms. Milly? Would you like to add something?", the english teacher allowed me to speak as i realised a little too late that i had raised my hand. 
"Sorry ma'am, but i do not think what she did was brave, taking the easy way out like that. She should've faced her problems, rather than running away from them. She was in a position to influence millions of minds through the medium of her writing, she could've inspired many like her to fight through depression and prove that suicide is not the solution. Suicide is never the solution.", i concluded breathlessly, realising a little too late that my cheeks were damp with my tears and were clearly visible to the whole class, which was stunned into silence.
My eyes swept across the room in panic and met with two hypnotising orbs that were staring at me with an expression of something between awe and intrigue. Jungkook held me captive with his stare that was not willing to back down. Even as the teacher said "Fair point well made Ms.Milly. Are you okay though?", i could still feel his gaze piercing me.
Soon whispers started going around the classroom that i could clearly hear.
"Her mom commited suicide, remember?" "Damn, she must be still emotionally disturbed--"
I gathered my things and excused myself from the class, my emotions a wreck and my face burning red.
I cursed myself for getting carried away. Everyone already thought i was a freak. Now jungkook will too. 
I can't wait to get home and sleep my miseries away, i thought, as the bell rung and i didn't waste a minute to get out of school.
  Another miserable day down, many more to go.