HISTORY

The Purpose of Our Lives

 Taehyung kicked jungkook in the gut with full force, She was your little sister. Angry tears blurring his vision, he advanced towards the pitiful guy on the floor that was too tired to even register the impact of getting beaten up, You were all she had, you bastard. How could you abandon your dying sister? taehyung grabbed him by the collar, his fist stopping midway when he noticed the bloodshot and unfocused eyes of his best friend. Are you stoned?, taehyung couldnt even mask the disbelief in his tone. More than disbelief, he felt disappointment. He was disappointed that jungkook did eventually manage to prove him wrong. Despite the million promises to his dying sister and the reassurances to his best friend, jungkook had ended up becoming what taehyung and sohyun had feared all along. A detached drug addict who was too inebriated to see where his life was headed.
 It wasnt like Taehyung didnt see it coming. He could guess it when jungkook would be missing for days at an end, when he would hangout with guys twice his size and when he would always be short of money, turning to Tae every time. But Tae was sure that it was just a phase, Junkooks coping mechanism. And that when the time came for him to be there for his sister, Jungkook will be there like he had always been. So when Jungkook disappeared right before Sohyuns death and Taehyung had to see the hurt in her eyes everytime she would ask for his big brother, he broke inside a little each time. Because Sohyun wasnt just his best friends sister, to him she was like a sister too, a sister he never had and was about to lose soon. The three had practically grown up together. She was as important to him as she was to Jungkook. 
Youre such a piece of Jungkook, you disgust me., Tae spat at him. Jungkook just looked at him and smirked, Good. Then leave. And thats what tae did. He left with a promise to himself that this would be the last time he would talk to Jungkook. That the guy was too far gone to be called his best friend. 
And just like that, two brothers became strangers to each other, to the point where there legacy felt like nothing but a figment of their own imaginations. 
                    *****************************************************