Chapter 5

Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


It was a quiet saturday morning, Jennie decided to go to cafe first before she go to the hospital. She dreaded this day because she knew the money she saved is not enough to pay the bill at the hospital, she'll ask the hospital if they can give her at least 2-3 more weeks.

When she entered the cafe she work at and about to order, someone called her.

"Hey, Jennie!" She look at where the voice coming and saw Lisa waving at her, Jisoo is there too sipping her drink.

Jennie smiled and waved back. After she finished ordering, she walk towards Lisa and Jisoo. "Hi, Goodmorning to you two." Jennie said and sat down next to Lisa. She looked at Jisoo and smiled.

"What are you guys doing here?" Jennie asked.

"We're just having a little breakfast." Lisa said. "Hey.. How about we hang out today? You can tell Chaeyoung, we don't have anything to do today." She smiled enthusiastically.

Jennie look at her and smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry... I have to go somewhere today so I can't come."

Lisa pouted. "Okay... Maybe next time."

After a few minutes her order came and they talked until Jennie has to go. Jisoo who stayed silent listening to them notice something different in Jennie.

Jennie look at her watch and frowned. "I have to go now... See you guys later." She stood up and head for the exit. "Bye Lisa, bye Jisoo" she waved. Lisa waved back.

When Jennie is gone Jisoo stood up. "I have to go too, I forgot I have some things to do." She said.

Lisa pouted again. "Man, you're ditching me too. Some friend you are." She sadly said. Jisoo just chuckled at her.

"Come on, wouldn't you want to hang out with Chaeyoung alone?" Jisoo smirked.

Lisa look away, her cheeks getting hotter. "W-who said i want to hang out with her?"

Jisoo rolled her eyes. "Everybody knows you have a thing for her. I wouldn't be surprise if you already got on her pants." She smirked and quickly leave.

Lisa ready to retort look up and Jisoo is nowhere to be seen. "Damn you! Kim Jisoo!" She half shouted, then embarassingly look down blushing. Because some of the customers is looking at her.

-

 

Jennie stood outside the hospital, she took a deep breath before entering. She walks nervously towards the cashier.

"H-hi... I-I'm here to pay the bills on room 116." Jennie stuttered.

"Okay, please wait." The nurse said while typing something on her computer. "Ms. Kim right?" She nodded. "You're balance is 2.5 million won and it's due today."

For a moment Jennie's heart stop, she only have 1/4 of what the bill is.

"C-can't i pay i-in installments?" Jennie said shakily.

The nurse shaked her head and frowned. "I'm afraid no, you have to pay in full in order for the patient to continue it's treatment. You already know you can't pay in installments" The nurse said.

"J-just give me at least a week or t-two. I-i can pay in full, j-just now i don't have enough, P-please." Jennie begged. Her eyes b with tears ready to fall.

"I'm sorry Miss, I can't do anything." The nurse look at her, pity in her eyes.

Jennie walks away from the cashier, tears already falling in her eyes. So many thoughts running on her mind that she didn't hear the nurse calling for her or the girl who approached the nurse. She found herself in front of her mother's room and sat on the chair, hands on her face crying her hearts out.

Without noticing, someone stood in front of her and kneel. She thought that it's just someone else so she ignored it.

"Hey... It's alright." The girl spoke softly and place her hands on Jennie's shoulder. Jennie look up and stared at the girl in front of her. "Everythings gonna be alright, don't cry okay?" The girl smiled bringing her hands up and gently wiped her tears.

Jennie sniffed, she didn't know what to do so she lunged forward and hug the girl tightly and continued to cry on her shoulders.

"Shhh.. Shhh.. It's okay, I'm here..." The girl said rubbing her back soothingly.

-

 


Li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter