Seven

Unconditional
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 
"Oppa" Seulgi cried.


"Where are you, Baby bear?" I breathed in relief. She was finally able to answer after the numerous attempts we’ve had trying to contact her. We were searching for her all around, going to places she usually go during their off. Sending messages every after minute, calling her number loads of times which - to no avail - failed, until now "Tell me where you are, and I'll come."


"North side of Banpo Brigde." She sniffed from the other line. 


"That's not too far from where I am right now. Just stay right there and don't leave ok?" I immediately ran to my car "Do you hear me, Baby Bear ?" I repeated after not hearing any response from her besides her sniffles. 


"Ne Oppa"


"Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can." 


"Ne..."

 


I hung up as I made my way to my car and buckled up. I was starting the engine as I dialed Jungkook's number. At least they need to know that I was finally able to reach Seulgi.

 


"Jin-Hyung? Were you able to find Seulgi-noona?"


"Not yet, but I was able to contact her. I'm on my way right now."


"Where is she? We'll go as well"


"Han River, but I need you to tell the others first."


"But hyung I-"


"I know that you're concerned as well but I need a talk with her. Then you’ll have your chance after." I backed away from the parking and began driving. I kept on the look out to make sure that I won't miss the figure that I'm looking for. "Besides, I need you to tell Joohyun-noona and Seungwan-ssi. I'm sure that they're pretty worried."


"Ne hyung."


"Don't worry Kook-ah, I'll tell Seulgi how she made us worry like hell."


"Thank you, hyung. And please let us know her condition later."


"I will"

 


Once I got near Banpo Bridge, I parked my car and began running around, searching for her. Luckily, it's way past midnight and that there are a few people lingering at this hour. I didn't dare to ask as they might discover that an idol is running like a lunatic during this ungodly hour, searching for a female idol who's currently missing. Being in the headlines this morning wouldn't be very helpful with our current predicament. 


I looked around for a few more minutes and still no sign of her. I was about to call her again when I saw a figure sitting by the river bank alone. My instincts were saying that the person alone is Seulgi. I hesitated a bit, but I approached nonetheless. 

 


Finally. I sighed in relief knowing that I found her. 

 

 

She was staring at the river with her swollen eyes. She was sniffing here and there. I just looked at her figure, once in a while, staking a sip of the beverage she's holding. Then I took notice of the cans of beer near her. I didn't expect her to be drinking alone especially in this kind of place. But I can't blame her for it. Sometimes alcohol can provide temporary relief and can numb you.

 


"Of all the places, I didn't expect for you to come here." I approached her and sat beside her on the grass, handing over my handkerchief. She grabbed it and wiped her tears "Did you know that this is where we shot one of our music videos?"


"'Run', I know. He told me."


I looked at her "He? Jimin?"


She took a sip from her drink "Who else. He brought me here in one of our night-dates and told me stories of what happened during the music video making."

 


I never expected that Jimin would bring her here. I mean this is one of the well known attractions here in the area and knowing that there would be a lot of people loitering here and there, people would surely notice them.

 


"Don't fret too much oppa," she offered a can to me. I took it without any hesitation, opened it and drank it. The bitterness and the burning sensation, I missed it "we were cautious and no one suspected."

 


Neither of us spoke for several minutes. Taking a sip from our drink once in a while, appreciating the silence that fell over us. I glanced at her once in a while, though. A few tears would escape her eyes but she would quickly wipe it away with the hanky that I gave her.

 

I value Seulgi as a dongsaeng, like a little sister and a member of my family. Seeing her like this hurts me. Not being able to bear the sight of her crying, I gently grabbed her head and laid it on my shoulder. With this simple gesture, I want her to know that she can tell me everything, that she is not alone, that she can show me the vulnerable side that she can't show to others. Sometimes, words are best left unsaid. 

 


Same goes with me. In front of the camera, fans and people know that I’m the mood maker, that I am the mother of our group due to my cooking. But they haven’t seen my serious side at al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter