-xxxiii-

Prom Date Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is a chapter 3rd person POV to show what Woojin and the others went through and how everything connects and comes together. Enjoy reading!






 

Woojin took his time composing himself during class. But he didn't even feel the least bit of anger.

Just....

Confusion.

"Woojin-ah" Youngmin shook Woojin's shoulders gently as the school bell rung for lunch.

"Hm?" He groggily responded, raising his head.

"Let's go eat lunch?" Youngmin offered.

"Y-yeah, sure" he sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"I'm going to talk to Yoojung. But I'll meet you guys in the table later" Donghyun said before standing up and leaving ahead.
 

Youngmin glanced anxiously towards the direction Donghyun went to before giving the same look to Woojin.

 

“I’m okay hyung, you don’t have to worry too much" Woojin said, trying a small smile.

 

Youngmin his lips nervously.

 

“Why do you look so nervous hyung?” Woojin asked.

 

“I don’t know, I--" Youngmin took a sharp intake of breath before continuing.

 

“Everything’s just messed up you know" he ruffled his hair.

 

“Yeah..” Woojin solemnly said, his eyes downcasting.

 

“But honestly, it’s weird" Woojin furrowed his eyebrows.

 

“Huh?”

 

“I’m confused. Not because of what DaIn did, but because of how I feel about it” Woojin propped an arm on the desk to lean his head against.

 

“How do you feel about it exactly?” Youngmin asked taking a seat on the desk next to Woojin’s.

 

“There’s a feeling in my gut telling me that there’s… something more than how many of us would probably have taken it" Woojin explained, then his stomach grumbled.

 

“or I’m just hungry" he sighed.

 

Youngmin chuckled. “Let’s go find out what your gut wants for lunch, hm?” he playfully asked, pulling Woojin up from his seat.

 

 

 

 

“Choi Yoojung" Donghyun called out to the girl who was on her way to leave her own classroom. There was an unsettling panic in her eyes that worried him, so he immediately took her wrist in his hand and pulled her to somewhere that was away from everybody.

 

“Hey" He said, putting her face in his hands. But she refused to look.

 

“Look at me please?”, was all it took for him to say before she broke down.

 

“I-I can’t” she cried and wrapped her arms around him.

 

“Why?” he asked dumbly. Of course she couldn’t.

 

“Because I hid it from you" she hiccuped.

 

“And I know you’re mad at me and that you’d want to break up with me because you’ll hate me from now on and won’t want anything to do with me anymore--" she rambled, hugging Donghyun tighter with every word.

 

“Woah woah, no. Yoojung-- no, I need you to look at me” he pleaded.

 

Yoojung slowly loosened her grip on Donghyun and looked up at him through her lashes.

 

“I don’t have any plans of breaking up with you. I-- uhm… I actually knew about that…” it was Donghyun’s turn to look away.

 

“What?” Yoojung asked in shock.

 

“I just kinda figured it out myself. You weren’t very subtle with the plan with Woojin, so I had to investigate. I kept observing DaIn and how she acted around Woojin. And then I kinda overheard one of your conversations with her some time ago…” he explained, taking a breath before adding more.

 

“I wanted to tell Woojin because I knew it would break him if he found out too late. But as I saw it, the longer it dragged on, the realer it got and I thought, that since they both were starting to have genuine feelings for each other, maybe I shouldn’t” he looked unsurely towards Yoojung.

 

“What about me? Aren’t you doubting me?” she asked tearily.

 

“No, not really” he snickered.

 

“You and DaIn are really the bestest of friends, huh? You’re both terrible at hiding what you feel" then, he smiled down at her.

 

“Oh thank God" she dropped her head on his shoulder with a sigh of relief.

 

“I would’ve gotten on my knees and begged for you to forgive me if you somehow hated me after knowing" she pulled back again and looked up to him hopefully.

 

“I’ve never had my eyes on any other guy before and to lose you, I think I might just lose my self too" she said, playing with her fingers that were behind him.

 

Donghyun shook his head "I'd never make you kneel. Ever"

 

“So what do we do?” Donghyun asked.

 

“We need to talk to Woojin first. We need to clear things up. I can’t find DaIn anywhere and it’s worrying me. She’s probably as heart broken as Woojin is and it’s all my fault” her voice cracked at the end.

 

“It’s not your fault"

 

“It is! I was the one who made the plan and pushed DaIn to go through with it. If it hadn’t been for me, all of this would’ve never happened” she started to cry again.

 

“Then we wouldn’t have gotten together and they wouldn’t have found each other. And maybe this was meant to happen. But that doesn’t end there. We can still fix this” he told her determinedly.

 

“Woojin will never forgive me for doing this, what do you mean we can fix this?" she sniffled.

 

“I know Woojin. He has one of the kindest hearts I’ve seen. But if he somehow decides not to forgive you, I’ll beg for him to. If that was how far you’ll go for me, I’ll go farther for you. Do you know that?” he smiled lovingly at Yoojung.

 

She smiled widely at Donghyun, tears of gratitude run down her cheeks.

 

“You big slob of grease. Thank you”

 

She sniffled once before tidying up her self.

 

“But we need to go now. We can’t drag this on any longer. We need to help them" she said, tidying the wrinkles she created on Donghyun’s blazer after hugging him so tight.

 

“And help we shall" Donghyun smiled.

 

 

 

 

The thing about DaIn and Woojin spread like wildfire amongst the students. So when the three boys arrived in the canteen, the entire room noticeably quieted down at the sight of them.

 

But Woojin acted unbothered. He went straight to his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter