-ii-

Prom Date Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lunch rolled around faster than I expected. Yoojung was gone considering that the cheerleading team's auditions were still ongoing, so I had to eat alone.

 

Yoojung was the only friend I have, not because I was a loner but because we refuse to be friends with other people. We knew they were just going trying to benefit off from our money and fame. Ofcourse me and Yoojung were considerably famous. She was known to be the cheer captain of our school and the daughter of a famous chef who used to work with Gordon Ramsay side-by-side and now ventures around the world. I, on the other hand, was known to be the top student. I had the highest recorded GPA in the entire academic record of our school. My father was an architect and my mother was a doctor. They also own a huge broadcasting station in the US, but they spend more of their time travelling to different countries to meet with potential business partners. 

 

While I was heading to the canteen, I couldn't see any sign of GoEun and Jihoon anywhere. Good I didn't need to lose my appetite just before my meal.

 

I smirked when I recalled what I did to her earlier. That little snake deserved it.

 

As I stepped through the doors of the canteen, the first thing my eyes fell upon is a table of four boys. I easily recognized Donghyun's face because Yoojung tells me about him a lot.

 

Then I saw the nerd Yoojung was bugging me about. Originally, I wasn't planning on giving an apology but suddenly I felt guilty when I saw that his friends were eating and he wasn't. Besides, I could use it as a chance to get my plan into action.

 

As I reached the queue I fell inline with the other students for lunch and I couldn't help but think. Was the food I took from him supposedly his food till lunch?

 

Before I knew it, the lunch lady was already asking for my order.

 

Okay, I knew what I had to do. I smirked as I formed a plan in my head. 

 

Yoojung is going to flip if I told her I ate lunch with her longtime crush. Come to think of it, that nerd probably already told on me to his friends so I have to get on their good side. Especially when I had to get him to think I like him enough for him to ask me to prom. So, it was settled.

 

I paid for the food and proceeded to their table. I took confident strides as I approached the table where they're seated. As I got closer to their table, two of them noticed I was walking to their direction and nudged Donghyun and the nerd.

 

"Hey" I said with a smile "Is this seat taken?". They all shook their heads.

 

"Okay I guess I'll sit here then" I said in a nice way and took a seat that was across from the nerd.

 

"Oh right!" I exclaimed as I took a seat. "This is for you" I said and gave the same kind of bread and milk to him.

 

"M-me?" He asked, as if he couldn't believe what I was saying.

 

I nodded and spoke. "I'm sorry for taking your food earlier"

 

 "Oh.." he uttered then there was an awkward silence around the table.

 

"Uhm… did you not want to eat this anymore? I could go and buy you something better" I asked warily, checking if I'd get rejected and be humiliated.

 

"No!" He bursted when he saw me start to stand up, startling all of us in the table.

 

He cleared his throat repeating "No.. It's fine. Thank you." He said with a small but grateful smile.

 

I gave a relieved smile back and started to eat. Only after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter