-xxix-

Prom Date Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I felt like I was walking on quick sand as I left the scene. I heard murmurs all around me and all I could do was hang my head low.


 
It's over...


 
Woojin would probably never talk to me again.


 
"She should be ashamed of her self" I heard a particularly loud whisper from a student standing nearby, along with her friends.


 
I was, I truly was.


 
Though finding it difficult to do so, I hurried my steps to avoid hearing more judgements from the others.


 
I kept walking until I reached empty halls, my knees falling weakly, until I was sitting on the floor. I buried my face in my hands, hearing the bell go off to signal the resume of classes.


 
I'm an idiot. I should've gone after him and tried to explain. 


 
I let out all the tears I could cry and stayed on the floor, sobbing. I couldn't face anyone yet. Not when they know what I did to Woojin. I can imagine them sneering at the sight of me, reminding me of just how bad I was to Woojin.


 
Liar.


 
Liar.


 
Liar.
 


Woojin's voice saying that word rung in my head like a song on repeat. All those moments, where he had told and shown me he trusted me. Only for him to find out that I fooled him. God why did I even chose to do this? 
 


I picked my self up, already calmed down a little and a bit dizzy from crying too hard. I held my head as I wobbled towards the stairs that lead to the rooftop, knowing well that there wouldn't be anyone there at the time.


 
I slowly climbed up the flight of stairs, my legs still shaking. I pushed the door open, a burst of air blowing past me. I walked towards the small garden, where Woojin held my hand, asking what Donghyun talked to me about. I remember it clearly. The pure concern that mirrored through his eyes. The truthfulness he had for me that I broke because of Prom. 


 
Prom. Stupid prom. Stupid me.


 
I fisted my hair, laying down on a bench. There was no way out of this. What I did was unforgivable. The thought of not being able to see and be with Woojin wrecked me. I've spent years fooling my self with the love I thought so greatly of for Jihoon. Woojin helped me realize that I was only poisoning my self. He showed me that I was so much more. And all I did for him was hurt him.


 
I felt my eyes get heavier as tears began pouring out of my eyes again.
 


I let myself be taken away by the darkness that swallowed my vision, as I closed my eyes.


 
Sleep.


 
I heard the voice in my head speak, feeling my self drift away from reality. Into slumber, where everything was alright.


 

 

 
I woke up with a sore back and more dizzy than how I was earlier. I thought of going back to class. I wasn't really afraid of people seeing that I cried, but me seeing other people was what I feared instead. I needed to somehow face everyone nevertheless. Even though my eyes were probably puffy right now, I had no other choice.
 


I glanced at my wrist watch and saw that it was supposed to be lunch break.
 


I sat up, composing my self, before leaving the rooftop.
 

 

 

 
I arrived in the classroom fine, probably because of the fact that everybody was at the canteen. I took a seat at my chair still feeling my head spinning. I folded my arms over the desk and tried to fall asleep again.


 
I had no struggle falling asleep too, but I was softly shaken awake by Yoojung. As I looked up, I saw her peering in concern.


 
"Hey" she spoke softly.


 
"I hated to wake you up, but you were crying in your sleep. Classes are going to resume again soon so the others are going to arrive soon" she said with a small smile.


 
I looked down at my desk and saw a few drops of water, as I touched my eyes to confirm that was where the drops came from.


 
I nodded slightly, wiping my eyes. I sat up, immediately regretting that decision, as I felt my vision spin. I grabbed the edge of my desk for support, closing my eyes tightly.


 
"Are you okay? What's wrong?" Yoojung asked in a panicked voice.


 
I shook away the dizziness.
 


"Yeah... I'm fine" I managed to croak out.


 
"You don't look too well. Maybe you should stay at the clinic.” she suggested.


 
I was finally able to open my eyes again, as the dizziness went away.


 
I shook my head again, but in denial this time.
 


"I'm fine Yoojung. I'll just go wash my face" I said, about to stand up.
 


However, our classmates suddenly came piling in the classroom, as the bell rung, making me unable to leave.
 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter