-xxiii-

Prom Date Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The 30th of December came faster than I expected. I didn't know whether it was the excitement or because I spent those days packing and shopping for gifts. Simply put, I did everything to distract my self from the void that Woojin created from his disappearance. But I willed my self not to dwell on it too much. It's not like he's never coming back.
 


There was still no reply from Woojin (not that I still needed it because he was going to come along).
 


And today, I felt that void lessen. I was finally going to see Woojin again. I felt so much jitters all over my body, I couldn't sleep eversince last night. To make it worse, since we were yet to meet in the afternoon, I was restless the whole morning. And it bothered me because I didn't know why. 
 


Making it through the morning felt like the longest hours of my life. Though not soon enough, it was finally afternoon, a few minutes before they pick me up.
 


I checked all my belongings one last time, making sure I packed everything I needed for the trip, before settling on the sofa in the living room. 
 


A few moments later, I heard a horn outside, making me jolt up from my seat. I ran towards the curtain to confirm my assumptions. I pushed the curtain aside and peeked outside, seeing the door of the van open. I narrowed my eyes to get a clearer look on who was the person getting off the vehicle. I saw a bundle of brown locks and tan skin, before I saw his face. 


 
IT WAS WOOJIN!
 


My heart pounded hard in my chest out of excitement. As he neared the door, I bolted to it and opened it before he could ring the door bell.
 


"Woojin!" I grinned from ear to ear as I saw him. 


 
He looked surprised at my sudden appearance, but nevertheless, grinned back at me.
 


I wrapped my arms around his neck and tackled him in a hug.
 


He stumbled back a little but was able to balance himself before we both fell. I felt his chest vibrate as a chuckle resonated from him.


 
"Missed me?" he teased, gently wrapping his arms around me as well.
 


"I was worried about you" I mumbled with my face buried in the crook of his neck, almost tearing up.
 


"So you did miss me" he replied.


 
"I never said that" I said, slapping his back.


 
The horn sounded continuously, reminding me that our friends were just by the gate and could probably see us. 
 


"Aye! Lovebirds! Flirt later!" Youngmin shouted.


 
My face heated up, as I pulled away from the hug.


 
"Where are your things?" Woojin asked, ignoring Youngmin's statement.


 
"O-oh, inside" I answered.
 


He nodded before urging me to come along with him.
 


"C'mon you must feel the cold. You didn't even wear a coat before stepping outside" he clucked his tongue, taking my wrist to pull me inside.


 
I took my coat from the hanger and wore it, before picking up my purse from the sofa.


 
"You're bringing this?" Woojin asked, pointing towards my luggage.


 
"Yeah" I nodded.


 
He nodded back.
 


"Got everything?"


 
"Yup" I answered.


 
"Well then, let's go" he replied, as we both exited my house.
 


Woojin proceeded to the back of the van to put my luggage, while I got in the van.
 


My jaw slackened seeing Yoojung beside Donghyun, an arm wrapped around her. It's going to take me a long time to get used to seeing them like that
 


"Oh god" I muttered, heading towards an empty seat at the back, where Daehwi was already seated.
 


I heard Yoojung scoff "Wow, what a supportive friend" 
 


I took a seat at the row behind Yoojung's, the van filled halfway by bags and luggages.
 


"I didn't say anything" I replied cheekily.
 


The back door of the van closed shut as Woojin reappeared, to take a seat next to me.
 


"You don't want the window seat?" Woojin offered.
 


"It's fine, I want to seat beside Daehwi" I answered.

 

"I'm hurt" Woojin commented, taking the window seat.
 


"Oh god" Yoojung mocked.
 


I shook my head and laughed.
 


"Very funny Yoojung"
 


"I didn't say anything" she copied my words earlier.
 


The v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter