Seven More

His Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the day of our departure came, Chanyeol sent us messages in the group chat. He mainly wished me and Yuna a safe travel, and admitted he'll miss us in between several crying emojis. All in all, it was terribly sweet and cheesy, enough to make your fingers curl. I was surprised that the others let him get away with it by leaving him on read.

I thanked him in behalf of Yuna -who was busy double checking her things. By the last few messages, he ended up gloating over his girlfriend, and that's when Chen jumped in the conversation to brag about his girlfriend too. Since Chen was responding, I messaged him to leave their apartment soon.

 

ChenChen: we'll leave in 10!

 

I was about to close the chat, but I read the message again and furrowed my brows.

 

Ae-Rinie: We?

ChenChen: Hayoung and Baek are coming.

ChenChen: ;)

 

We agreed that it'll be just Chen sending us off, because Chanyeol and Kyungsoo had plans. We insisted for Hayoung not to come. She'll probably hold us off until the last second for boarding, or get emotional when we do leave, and we wouldn't want to make a scene. 

Kyungsoo hardly texts us -unless he deemed it important or an emergency, but he left me and Yuna a message earlier today. Unlike Chanyeol's, it was short and straightforward, but I appreciated the small gesture. If he didn't send it through text, it would've been lost in the chaos that is our group chat.

 

PCYoww: sorry couldn't be there

ChenChen: Where are you rn??

PCYoww: in ur mind, Luv u bro.

ChenChen: My last two brain cells just murdered each other.

PCYoww: waiting for Yeonhee♡ at a café

PCYoww: UR WELCOME!

ChenChen: It's YOU'RE!!!

PCYoww: YOU'RE cancelled

 

"Hayoung and Baekhyun are coming," I relay to Yuna as the heated exchange between Chen and Chanyeol about grammar goes on.

When I repeat his name in my head, all my conflicting feelings for him from last night comes coursing back. I couldn't get a wink of sleep just thinking how this would affect our friendship. 

I was somewhat happy that I can get away from him this break to sort my feelings out. Constantly seeing and spending time with him did not help, and I was grateful I didn't have to worry about that for a few months.

"Why?" Yuna stopped zipping up her luggage on the floor to make a face. "I mean, we said our goodbyes yesterday."

 

Goodbye for the guys were way more sentimental than I thought. It started with a group picture, then we were forced to huddle for a body crushing hug. The weird part of it came after, when we started spinning in a circle, going around hand-in-hand until one of us got knocked to the ground.

Unfortunately, Chanyeol had that unlucky role, slipping from Baekhyun and Hayoung when he trips on his own foot. Baekhyun was brought down with him, and Kyungsoo crashed into the other two.

We fell like dominoes, one after the other dropping to the grass. It was very lame and childish, even embarrassing, for a couple of young adults to play around in the middle of the park, but we laughed like crazy after catching our breaths.

 

I shrug, looking back at my phone that had another series of messages. 

 

PCYoww: let you know how my date went. Bye!

ChenChen: do us a favor, don't.

ChenChen: Rin, Baek was moping the entire day. 

 

My eyes double in size when I read my name, and his name, in one sentence. What does this have to do with me, and why was Chen even reporting that to me?

 

Bacon: I beg your pardon?

​ChenChen: keep begging.

​​​ChenChen: He's a bad influence.

ChenChen: Ridwnsjziwnashjxkskne

ChenChen: we're leaving the apt. See ya! -Hayoung

 

Okay, that was.. strange. 

Was Chen implying something? Maybe he's suspicious of me. He had been keeping an eye on me since he discovered my tendency to blush over physical contact. Or maybe.. he found out.

Maybe I'm just overthinking. I've been so sensitive and tense lately, and this was probably the side effect of trying to push down my stupid feelings.

 

Once Hayoung texted they were inside campus, we bring out all our suitcases and waited by the steps outside the dorm. I sat on the top of the steps and hug the back of my knees together, looking out for our ride. Yuna stood beside me, idly texting.

"I heard they're raising rent," she says. "Do you still want to reserve here?"

It was kind of our unspoken rule that we'd live together till we graduate, and maybe even after that. I can't imagine living with anyone else. It's been a year and a half since we started sharing a room, and it's the first time we're vacating it. So it's either we move back, or find somewhere else to go.

"Do you want to go apartment hunting?" I ask, my expression morphing into a small scowl. I honestly didn't want to go back early to look for another place to stay.

"Maybe we should just move in with the boys to save rent?" She chuckles.

That brings a smile to my lips. Yuna was reluctant to get close with the boys when Kyungsoo introduced us. She never really had male friends, and strongly opposed hanging out at their apartment at first. I think she assumed that 4 boys staying under one roof equals a messy and dirty living space. I think both of us were shocked to find that wasn't the case at all. Her joking about it now just proves how close we really gotten with them.

 

A familiar car zooms down the road, stopping conveniently in front of the building. I shoot up and trail down the steps, with Yuna trudging after me.

The passenger's door opens, revealing a cheeky Chen. I was confused because he was supposed to be our driver, and shocked he'd let someone else drive his precious car. So Baekhyun probably drove them here. I didn't know he could drive.

The door behind him opens and Hayoung steps out, only to run and tackle me and Yuna into a hug. Our cheeks pressed against Hayoung's and she giggled excitedly as her arms creeps up, embracing us now through our necks. Yuna was groaning at the invasion of personal space, helplessly wriggling her way out the other's grasp before the hug turns into a strangle.

"Why is everyone such a hugger?" She complains when Hayoung finally lets go to smile at us, rubbing her nape that was previously victim to Hayoung's hasty and heavy arm.

Hayoung scoffs, rolling her eyes as Chen joins us. "I can't believe I'm gonna be stuck with idiots instead of my girls."

"Me too," Chen grumbles, aiming for a hug, only to get yanked by Hayoung through the collar of his shirt. He tumbles to her side and staggers a little, taken aback when he realized it was her doing. 

Baekhyun steps forward, offering a little nod as a greeting. Our eyes meet briefly and one side of his lip curls slightly. My gaze wander elsewhere, afraid that his smile would earn a certain reaction from me, like blushing.

"Before you get emo, get those-" Hayoung pointed to our things at the top, "-in the car first."

Chen gives her a dead look, before following orders.

"I thought you had plans too?" Yuna inquires.

Baekhyun shook his head, staring blankly as he answers her. "I had nothing to do."

I turn back to Chen, observing him as he went up the stairs. Chen hooked his hand over the strap of our suitcases, lugging two of them.

"He tagged along, so I told him to make himself useful and drive," he huffs, replying as he made his way down the steps.

"What do you have packed in here?" He asks sarcastically, dropping one suitcase on the ground. "Gold bars? A washing mashine?" He momentarily loses his balance when he drops down the other.

"Careful," Yuna barks.

"Someone finally cared," he cries, seeing Yuna run after him out of concern.

"I meant my suitcase," she clarifies. Chen pulls the trolley handle up to wheel our suitcase away, ignoring Yuna's comment.

Hayoung tugs my hand, garnering my attention. From my peripheral vision, I can feel Baekhyun gl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter