Two for a Photo

His Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When our last class of the day got canceled -the professor had called in sick, Kyungsoo asked us if we wanted to hang out instead. Yuna and I had nothing better to do back at the dorm and it was still early, so we agreed. Hayoung however, decided to have an impromptu date with Minseok, since their schedules always overlap.

 

The three of us walk to the boys' apartment after getting snacks along the way. Yuna and I insisted to get some food or order takeout because we didn't want to come empty-handed, but Kyungsoo refused.

On Yuna's third attempt at offering free food, Kyungsoo instructed to just buy the guys some junk from the convenience store and they'll be happy nonetheless. He said he was going to cook dinner anyway because he wanted to empty the contents in their fridge before anything goes bad.

Kyungsoo fishes out his key and puts it through the hole of the knob while balancing the paper bag of soda in his other hand. When we hear a click, he pushes the door open and were surprised to meet with darkness as we enter. It was only 4 pm and the sun still had yet to set, but the room was pitch black, except for an artificial light shining through in a small area at the living room. 

We see Chanyeol sitting down on a chair, surrounded by a few black rods illuminating one direction of the room. Chen was behind a camera, opposite where Chanyeol stands.

A flash of light hit us, and I close my eyes from the sudden brightness blurring my vision, blinking afterward to regain my sight.

"Care to be my new subject ladies?" Chen asks, spreading his arms out to welcome us with his signature Cheshire cat-like smile.

Kyungsoo darts to the wall, pressing one of the switches for the light to flicker on. Once it does, there were some shouts of "Hey!" at him, and I finally see that Baekhyun was also in the room, besides Chen, poking his head out in confusion while holding his phone.

"Another photo-shoot?" Kyungsoo questions as he sets the bag down on the coffee table, which was moved near the dining area. 

We follow suit, trailing behind Kyungsoo to the boys, as we glance at each other.

Kyungsoo had been complaining before how Chen had been frequently turning the apartment into a photography studio because he got a great deal on a set of studio lights from one of his seniors. He gets a little worked up because Chen forgets at least one thing to clean up after the photo-shoot. Once, he forgot to return the tablecloth at their dining table because he used it as a backdrop.

Chen grins, so exaggerated, hoping to appease him. "I'm doing some test shots for our assignment cover."

"And I need a great photo to show Yeonhee," Chanyeol adds, raising his hand to get our attention.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. "You said that last week when I washed that black sheet-" he points behind Chanyeol, the walls and windows completely covered by a thick long fabric, "-that's been lying around in the laundry room for 3 days."

"Thanks again," Chen beams, giving him a thumbs up. "I'm serious this time. I'm not paying for a photo online and claim it mine because I edited the graphics in."

"Cheapskate," Baekhyun snarks. His eyes were locked on his phone, scrolling his thumb up on the screen.

Chen turns on his heel, sending him a look. "Do you want that headshot or not?"

Baekhyun looks up and lifts his arm to surrender, pressing his lips together. "I'm sorry my lord, I'm innocent," he mocks, doing a curtsey in remorse.

Chen scoffs, whipping his head back at Kyungsoo. "Please?" Chen clasps his hands together, begging with a pout.

"Fine," Kyungsoo finally says through a sigh. "But they wanted to hang out here today." He nods his head behind, where Yuna and I stand.

Chen gasps, excited. "You want to get your pictures taken too?"

"Depends," Yuna crosses her arms over her chest as she walks to the camera. "How good are you?"

Chen lets out a snort, a cocky expression washing his face. He removes the camera from the tripod and shows the pictures to us, pressing down a button to speedily pass through the number of photos from today - including Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and a few of them together with Chen. Forming a little circle, we view the pictures together, even Baekhyun and Kyungsoo peers at the camera.

The quality is really good, and the pictures are well-lighted. I may not know a lot about photography, but I can spot a good photo. Chen showed us the comparison between the shots with the studio lights, and without it. You can tell that there's a difference.

What amuses me is the variety of poses the guys are willing to pull -ranging from blank faces, normal ones, whacky shots, and slapstick photos of Baekhyun and Chen pretending to be Chanyeol's lover. It elicited laughs from everyone in the room.

"Let's take a group photo!" Chanyeol suggests, coming in between our huddle and draping an arm over Yuna and me, respectively. To which we both immediately easily slip through.

Chen nods. "Yeah, I'll set it up." But he stares back, looking over us as if something was wrong. He tilts his head for some seconds until it hits him.

"What?" I ask.

"Where's Hayoung?"

The boys -except Kyungsoo, do a quick scan of the room looking for Hayoung to no avail. Only realizing that we were missing someone in the group, Baekhyun and Chanyeol also quirked a brow at us, surprised the loud girl was not present.

"Wow, it took you guys that long to notice?" Yuna remarks sarcastically. "Remind me we can miss their next birthday party and not be missed, Aerin."

I chuckle, covering my mouth.

"We'd make awesome Sherlocks, won't we?" Chen assumes.

I shake my head. "Hayoung's out on a date."

The boys ahh-ed in unison. 

"Explains why I haven't gotten bruised yet," Chen tells in relief, letting out a small phew.

"Oh really?" Baekhyun asks -the tone of his voice sounding a bit devious, stepping forward.

Kyungsoo nods promptly, confirming.

The corner of his lips tugs into a sinister smile. "Let's make her jealous and put it up on the chat," Baekhyun suggests.

Hayoung made a group chat for us earlier this month. Being that she's the only one who lived at home and was an only child, I think she was kind of lonely. She added all of us and named the group Beties for Resties with three red hearts.

Unfortunately, it only lasted a minute. The guys poked fun at the name for our group chat one lazy afternoon when, coincidentally, everyone happened to be online. 

Chanyeol started all this by re-naming the group chat All for Channy. Then Chen changed it to Jongdae's Girlies in a heartbeat. It went on for a while so nobody ended up talking -which rid the initial purpose of creating the chat. Everyone was more interested in what they had changed the name to. 

 

 Bacon re-named the chat I need new friends (TT)

gnuoyaH ♡ re-named the chat Stop Name Abuse!!! (and Animal abuse)

Ae-Rinie re-named the chat Just Pick A Name Please

D.O or Die re-named the chat futile...

PCYoww re-named the chat No *cough* Chen

Yuna, not Yoona re-named the chat College Mistake

Chensassin re-named the chat Hello Yeol I'm the class you missed last Wednesday (College Mistake 2)

 

The list went on. It was a long battle of wits that Kyungsoo left t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter