Six Seconds

His Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Chen proposed a fun day out on a Monday afternoon, we agreed in the name of friendship -and for a ride to the bus terminal tomorrow. We might not see each other for about two months, but he's acting like we're permanently moving overseas. 

Chanyeol opens the door, welcoming us with a grin.

"Guys, they're here!" Chanyeol calls. 

"Just a sec," Baekhyun hollers back from somewhere. I don't know why but just hearing his voice from far away, makes me anxious.

"Where's Hayoung?" Chanyeol asks, noticing one of us missing.

"On the way, but probably doing her make-up still," Yuna answers.

Chen suddenly dashes through, passing Chanyeol and Yuna.

"Rin, what am I gonna do without you?" He cries, tugging my wrist and forcing me to enter their apartment. His strong arms wrap around mine for a hug, little by little getting tighter.

Once Yuna is inside, Chanyeol closed the door and chuckles. Kyungsoo joins us, emerging from the kitchen, and he chuckles at the sight. 

"Chen," I squeak, his hold becoming suffocating, but he doesn't release me for another few seconds. Then once he's satisfied, he steps back with a little pout plastered on his lips.

Chen's eyes lands on Yuna, who was watching silently from a distance, and so he uncovers a new target. A devious gleam came over his eyes as he saunters towards her.

"Don't you dare," she warns knowingly, pointing a finger at him. This only provokes him however, and Yuna backs up cautiously.

"Give Chen Chen some sugar!" He jiggles his outstretched arms with a goofy grin, gradually approaching her. "I know you're gonna miss me too Yuna," he teases.

She sends him a dirty look. "Cancel our ride tomorrow, I'm going to take a cab."

"Aww, you don't mean that," he coos, jogging over. His arms falls swiftly over her shoulders, locking her into a crushing hug before she could protest.

Yuna rolls her eyes, face contorting in disgust. She kindly accepts the hug, standing still while Chen pulls her closer. But when he attempts to nuzzle his cheek against hers, she breaks free and smacks her palm over his cheek, jerking his face away.

"Don't push your luck Jongdae," she taunts. 

Chen holds up his hands in defeat and steps back one at a time, laying off Yuna and coming back to my side. He shows me a frown.

"Can't you switch places with Hayoung? I don't want to suffer all summer," he whines. His eyebrows furrow, jutting his lower lip even more. "I'd rather have you here Rinnie."

A smile form on my lips while I shake my head. I'm going to miss him. I've gotten closer with Chen this semester, which is strange because I don't have classes with him and we hardly see each other at campus. It seems like he's aware of it too.

"He's been whining non-stop when he found out you went to the movies with the others," Kyungsoo grunts. I'm guessing he heard him whining all weekend long.

"If I had known you were coming, and if they invited me.. I would've gone," Chen explains, disappointed.

"Oh for Pete's sake, it was a coincidence," Chanyeol interjects. Chen's eyes narrows at him for a moment, and he only shrugs his shoulders.

Then Chen turns to me, face turning serious all of a sudden. "So now you owe me a movie date, Rin."

"Huh?"

"No buts," he concludes.

"I wasn't invited too you know," Kyungsoo shares, pointing curtly at himself.

"Me too, and you don't hear me complaining," Yuna adds.

Chen scoffs. "Fine, then we'll go when a good movie comes up-" he says, then mutters his next sentence, "And Kyungsoo's sponsoring our tickets."

Before Kyungsoo can open his mouth, he was cut off by Chanyeol and Chen applauding. Grasping the situation, Yuna and I join them clapping.

As if on cue, Baekhyun finally makes his way to the living room, puzzled with all the clapping when he walks to Kyungsoo. He was sporting an athletic cap, something new on top of his usual shirt, jeans, and trainers, attire. It was hiding his beautiful luscious hair, and instead, added a mysterious vibe to his appearance. I feel like he's the type that can get away with anything, despite only seeing him pull off his own style.

"And what's that I hear?" Chen dramatically puts his hand over his ear, trying to sound posh. "Sir Baekhyun from the Byun family is offering to feed the children pops of corn and cans of carbonated beverages? My goodness, what a charitable young man!"

That elicited a round of golf-clapping from Chen, Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol who was laughing hysterically, to which Baekhyun raises an eyebrow at. I was 

My eyes round in surprise when a curse slip through his lips, directed to no one in particular, and just using the expression to convey his confusion.

I realize I hadn't really heard him say that before, and I'm not quite sure how to react to that. But I understand, because the boys probably turn ruthless when it's just them. Chanyeol tries to restrain himself when we're around, but we've heard him swear quite a number of times that he doesn't care anymore. Kyungsoo does too, and he thinks we don't hear him when he whispers it to himself. I just didn't expect Baekhyun would too.

 

We set out for the city after Hayoung arrives. Because we have our priorities straight, we try to find a place that sells ice cream first, while discussing where we're actually going.

Chen's idea of fun was.. questionable. The first was bungee jumping, which received immediate objections from Chanyeol. When he brought up escape rooms, Hayoung opposed, banning anything mentally stimulating or strenuous.

At his suggestion of going to a theme park, Kyungsoo shook his head, reminding that today marked the first weekday of summer break -meaning it was going to be crowded practically anywhere with big attractions. His other ideas required some planning and preparations beforehand, so we ruled that out today, but will be saving it for a future discussion perhaps.

The nearest ice cream parlor was small, half of it taken up by huge wide glass counters displaying ice cream. There were no seats or tables, it was designed for an ice cream to-go. Ice cream shaped decorations hung on the pastel colored walls. Two girls leave, each with a cup of ice cream in hand, as we study the ice cream on display.

Chanyeol and Chen opted for -in the taller's words, the less fancy option, and in Chen's; the commoner's dessert. They gravitate to the showcase freezers where the packaged ice creams were.

Baekhyun and Yuna easily chooses theirs, a plain vanilla, and chocolate chip cookie dough, respectively. After the girl at the counter punches their orders, the male employee efficiently scoops ice creams on a medium sized cup, and my eyes roam over the various flavors in front of me, getting overwhelmed again.

Chanyeol and Chen came back with a popsicle to pay for as the man gives Yuna her ice crea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter