Back to when we used to love

Like I'm gonna lose you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi! Here's a new chapter. I promise the angst comes to an end here. This is going to be a short story, so there are only a few chapters left. Please let me know what you think of it with your comments :)

Note: The paragraphs in Italic are flashbacks.

 

When he gets up, she is finishing making breakfast.

"Good morning" She smiles when she sees him. "How are you?"

"Fine." He says. Even if Shin Hye doesn't say it, he knows she wants to ask so much more. That was another reason he didn't tell her before: she worries too much for others. "It smells delicious."

"I've made braised chicken for you. Oh, I'll go to wake Ah Ra. It's time for her to get up."

"I'll go for her." He offers.

It's still difficult to move with the walkers - Jong Suk is just adjusting to this change from the wheel chair - but it's one step more to his recovery.

"Ok. Thank you."

You weakly said hello and I predicted our end
Oh wanna change, to when we used to love

You have no expression and I tell a light joke
Oh wanna change, to when we used to love

He sees her before she sees him. She's beautiful and she has to know it, because she seems satisfied when she looks at her reflection in the mirror. But then she finally catches his glances, and her expression changes, as if she recognized him. That would be funny, Jong Suk thinks, given that she's the famous one between the two, he supposes.

He smiles and approaches to her, but when he opens his mouth to speak his voice sounds much less confident than what he would like.

"Hello. My name is Lee Jong Suk, nice to meet you."

She blinks. 

"Hi. I'm Park Shin Hye. Nice to meet you, too." She smiles with lightness, and he smiles back.

"I'm so honored to meet you. I'm really a fan of yours." He compliments her.

"Really? Ommo, I was about to say that about you." She laughs. "I watched every single episode of Secret Garden in which you appeared."

He's really surprised then. He had not expected Park Shin Hye to be so nice and humble.

"Is that so? Let's do our best job, then." Jong Suk says, feeling his confidence coming back to him. "I think I will like working with you, Shin Hye-ssi."

After some hours of posing for photos and joking around the set, when they are about to appear in an interview for the branch, she asks:

"Do you think we'll look good together in the pictures?" 

The insecurity in her voice astonishes him.

"You'll look precious in any picture they have taken, Shin Hye-ssi. Even if you're caught with you eyes closed."

"Don't say nonsense, Jong Suk."

"Mwo? It's true" he says, with a mischieveous smile. "I think I've fallen for you, Shin Hye-ssi."

She just shakes her head, probably thinking he's just kidding, but at the moment he says those words Jong Suk is pretty sure he is indeed half in love with her already.

Shin Hye holds onto these memories, and all they've been gone through, all the good things in their lives together. However, when more weeks pass by and Jong Suk still does not talk to her, she's not sure what to do.

"Maybe I have to tell him how this is affecting me, too. I know it's selfish, but... how else can we work it out?"

Yong Hwa hates seeing his friend like this.

"You're not selfish, Shin Hye. It's him who is not appreciating how wonderful you are." He says.

Trapped in a sad feeling, I can’t escape
I’m breaking down at the words “I’m sorry”
What do I do?

"Don't worry, Shin Hye." he tells her, smiling at her "Even if you fall in love with me after this, I promise to be nice to you."

She laughs.

After breaking up with Min Ho, besides her A.N.Jell friends, Jong Suk was probably the best thing that had happened to her in those months.

"Babo." A soft punch on his arm "If you continue saying things like that, you're gonna get ourselves into a scandal."

"That's just rating for the drama"

He jokes around a lot, but then they get serious for the kiss scene. They have to do it right, to end once and for all all the criticism about her infamous kissing scenes.

"Don't make that face, like you're afraid."

She likes that about him, how straightforward he is. Sometimes it's also annoying.

"Sorry." She relaxes. "Better now?"

He smiles. Then, getting into the character as the director tells them to, he approaches to her and kisses her. First, it's only her hand, but Shin Hye's heart flutters. Then,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter