All of a sudden

Like I'm gonna lose you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No, you're not giving interviews again, not even by phone calls." She tells him, frowning until her eyebrows are a thin line.

"I've got to. Somebody has to say something so that the reporters stop chasing you and Ah Ra outside the house." He says, frustrated "There's not much I can do, let me do this for us..."

Shin Hye blinks in disbelief.

There he is, just released from the hospital. He is lucky enough that the injury in his spinal cord was not so severe that he could not recover. The doctors say that, with time and therapy, he will be able to walk again.

The thought she can't shake from her head is that they almost lost him. What would she have done, if that happened?

All what he cares about are the reporters? Well, that's not true. He is worried about her. Yes, she is under a lot os stress, but she is dealing with that part on her own, the media is something secondary. Screw them. Why can't he just help her a bit, by taking care of himself?

"Well, that's not for you to deal with right now. Jong Suk, I need you to recover, and Ah Ra needs you to recover. But for that to happen, you need to relax and just take care of yourself." She makes a short pause, looking directly at his eyes, and begs. "Please."

"Okay" He agrees.

But he feels useless. He can't help Shin Hye. He cannot even play with his daughter, who looks at him with sad eyes. Shin Hye thinks he'll walk again, she has such a faith that he cannot help but wonder what will happen if he just stays there in that chair... if he cannot walk again. Yes, the doctors talk about the hight possibilities, the therapy, but who really knows?

He turns his back on his wife and retreats to himself.

She takes him to the therapy sessions and then they go home. He knows she's cancelled some projects, but only because he's listened to her talking on the phone.

Days and then weeks pass by.

He starts singing with her daughter, but it doesn't last long, because the girl seems to sense his mood and then asks her parents if they can go to visit uncle Yong Hwa. He cannot say no to Ah Ra, but is a bit resentful with Shin Hye because know there are not distractions to avoid himself.

Shin Hye is been so tired since the accident that it takes her a while to get alarmed by the distance between them. She asks him what he wants to do. She tries to find a way he'd talk to her again.

It doesn't work.

You haven’t laughed out loud yet
Are we that awkward with each other?
We did so many things together
But you haven’t given me a single look or touch

Sometimes they had differences, but in the past they were always able to talk. Lately, she feels like she's living with a stranger. It hurts, because is Jong Suk, her partner, the person she loves with all her heart.

At night, in silence, she cries.

The whole world is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter