Severely

Like I'm gonna lose you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi... is anybody out there reading this story? I'd be glad to have your coments and feedback on this story :)

"Yes, Yong Hwa called me already, so I said yes because you're in, obviously." Geun Suk tells her.

Yong Hwa and him are friendly to each other, but though they share things in common, maybe the most noticeable is their friendship with Shin Hye. "You're the glue that has kept us in contact, you know?" He usually says.

Shin Hye thinks of it more as a shared task with Hong Ki. 

"So, we're going to be like in the old times, A.N.Jell, ne?"

For a moment, she's happy, and she thinks this is what she needs to escape the sadness that her marriage has become.

"I'm going to collaborate with Hong Ki and Geun Suk in Yong Hwa's album." She tells Jong Suk later that day. "Isn't it amazing?"

"It is" he says, smiling at her, but doesn't add much more. "Good luck."

"Do you want me to help with your exercises?"

"You don't need to. The doctor says I can do it on my own now, and maybe then I'll be walking just fine again soon."

"That's great. See? I told you everything would work out just fine if you took care of yourself."

He bits his lips so he doesn't tell Shin Hye that the time she almost killed herself in an accident, she didn't take care of herself either. He didn't know her at the time, but he knows what happened then. Shin Hye must know what he's feeling, so why isn't she more symphatetic now? There he is, ruining his projects and maybe his career, not even being able to provide for his family...

"Of course. You're always right, dear."

Dr. Kim just looks at Jong Suk from his seat, and waits until he speaks.

"I know that it's my fault. I've spend too much time working, and even now, I want to get better to go back to work. I love my family, I really do. But it's also my duty to them to do well in the industry, isn't it?"

"I don't know. You tell me, Jong Suk-ssi. When was the last time you took vacations?"

When Ah Ra was still a baby. Then he went back to filming, and life got crazy as alwas again.

"A lot of time ago."

"You must be tired."

"All of us are tired. It comes with the job, doesn't it?"

Dr. Kim nods.

"But you have a family now, and you also want to spend time with them."

"Actors get replaced so easily... I'm approaching my forties, what else can I do?"

"However, you're not forty yet. Even if you were, you'd still be young. Why don't you talk to Shin Hye about this?"

He is not sure how to answer that.

Shin Hye finishes cooking and calls Ah Ra for dinner. As they eat, she tells him that Yong Hwa has invited them to go to his apartment tomorrow night.

Ah Ra beams with happiness, because she hasn't seen uncle Yong Hwa in a week.

"Do you want to go?" She asks.

He doesn't.

"Ok. Let's go." He answers barely hiding his lack of enthusiasm, and Shin Hye notices it.

Yong Hwa has prepared a space in his apartment for Ah Ra to play. Sometimes Shin Hye thinks that he really needs to start a family.

"Oh, let me help you with those" She offers as she enters the kitchen and sees him trying to carry all of the food to the living room at the same time. "Men... why do you never ask for help?"

He smiles at her.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter