Try

Like I'm gonna lose you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi! I'm back with another story. This one is a fic about the Darling Couple, but you'll also get glimpses of YongShin. You could consider "Like I'm gonna lose you" as a sequel of Reply, but not necessarily... I hope you enjoy it, and let me know your opinions with a comment. Thanks for all the support :)

The lyrics correspond to the song "Try" by P!nk.

.........

Ever wonder about what he's doing?
How it all turned to lies?
Sometimes I think that it's better to never ask why

Shin Hye sights when she looks at her phone. There's a new message.

"I'm coming home now. I'm sorry, manager Nam and I had more things to discuss than I thought."

It's not the first time he's apologizing like this, and frankly, she's getting tired. It's not as if she doesn't work to balance the time she gives to her career and to their family... she learned to do that thanks to him, the man she loves. So why is it that Jong Suk is never there now?

Dissapointed, she cleans the table where they were supposed to have a romantic dinner and a nice time together.

"Again?" Geun Suk asks the next time they talk, several days later.

"I know."

"Well, don't worry Shin. Just have fun, you and Ah Ra. Enjoy yourself, you know?" He smiles, trying to cheer her up. "Oh, I have a present for my favorite niece, can you give it to her?"

"Aish. Are you and Yong Hwa competing to see who gives her more presents? Stop it now. Really, Hong ki is the only one who matured among you..."

Luckily, her friends know how to support her like this. After she says goodbye to Geun Suk, she is in good mood to pick Ah Ra from school and then go to the photoshoot she has scheduled.

Ever worry that it might be ruined
And does it make you wanna cry?
When you're out there doing what you're doing
Are you just getting by?

Jong Suk looks at the clock and realizes he's running out of time. 

"I'm sorry, sir, but I have to go now."

"But Jong Suk, we haven't finished yet... we still have to talk about this evening interview with Yoo-"

"We'll talk later. I'm going to be late for Ah Ra's presentation"

Her daughter reminded him about the event just yesterday, and Jong Suk is good at remembering things, but sometimes he gets caught with all the work: shootings, interviews, the foundation projects in which he participates...

He drives as fast as he can, and runs to get on time to his daughter's End of the Year presentation. Ah Ra has been talking abou this for weeks now, and maybe is the only time Shin Hye actually asked him to show up... however, he's late.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter