FOUR

The Life of Jae

Chapter 4

 

Wonpil and Dowoon were on their way up to the apartment from their breakfast out. The two were cutely holding hands while waiting in the elevator. The elevator door opened and the two proceeded out. When they walked down the hallway they noticed the door to the apartment was open, which was obviously strange.



 

“Do you think something happened to Jae?” Dowoon asked holding onto Wonpil’s arm as they slowly walked near the door.



 

“I’m not sure. Stay here, I’ll peek inside.” Wonpil said leaving Dowoon a few feet behind.



 

Wonpil slowly walked closer to the door, then slightly peeked inside. He didn’t know what to expect, but he sure wasn’t expecting to see what he just saw. Wonpil’s mouth dropped, and his eyes widened in excitement, then quickly turned around to Dowoon. Wonpil smiled brightly as he pulled a confused Dowoon down to the end of the hall, to a bench.



 

Whats going on?” Dowoon asked concerned.



 

“You know how I said we should hook Brian and Jae up,” Wonpil said and Dowoon nodded, “Guess we don’t need to do any work,” he smirked.



 

Dowoon was still uncertain as he looked around, “Wait, so Jae and Brian are hooking up in the kitchen or something, while the door is opened like that?” Dowoon was confused and surprised.



 

“No, No,” Wonpil said petting Dowoon’s hair, realizing how innocent he looked right now with his erted thoughts, “They are hanging out. We didn’t even have to do anything.”



 

Dowoon opened his mouth realizing how dumb he just sounded, “ohhhhh,” he said pausing for a second, “So what should we do? Wait?”



 

Wonpil shook his head, “I say we confront them, then I’ll have something to tease Jae about,” Wonpil said smirking while looking towards the apartment.



 

The two walked over to the apartment then walked inside. “Well, well. What do we have here?” Wonpil said as the two entered the room.



 

Jae rolled his eyes at the sight of Wonpil and sighed. Brian looked over and smiled realizing it was the two guys he had met the other day, then his smiled disappeared once he had remembered he had cracked Wonpil’s container.  



 

Wonpil and Dowoon walked over to the kitchen where the two had been talking, “So, Brian, how did you get in this situation?” Wonpil wiggled his eyebrows.



 

Jae squinted his eyes annoyed, “What the hell you mean this situation “ Jae said glaring at Wonpil.



 

Wonpil laughed, “I just mean, how did he end up here?”



 

Brian slightly panicked as he quickly picked up the cracked container to show Wonpil what he had done. Dowoon looked around the room, then at the container realizing the crack. Jae, on the other hand, was just trying to keep in his laughter.



 

Wonpil looked at Brian, then to Jae, then to Dowoon, and finally at the container, “Wait, is that my container?” Wonpil said with a straight face.

 

Brian nodded his head nervously as Jae began letting out laughing noises, “Yeah, I um, stepped on it and it cracked.”



 

Wonpil took a hold of the now cracked container and held it close to his chest. He squinted his eyes and smiled sadly, “My poor container,” he cried jokingly.



 

Jae was laughing hysterically by now, whether Wonpil was truly sad, or just at how he was acting right then. Even Dowoon smiled a bit, trying not to laugh. Meanwhile, Brian looked around at everyone really confused.



 

Wonpil smiled, then patted Brian on the shoulder, “Nah, I’m just joking with you. It’s not a big deal. I’ll just get  a new one.”



 

“I’ll buy you a new one, I cracked it anyway,” Brian said worriedly.



 

“I mean if you want,” Wonpil joked, “but you really don’t have to.”



 

“Yeah, you don’t have to buy him another one,” Jae joked, crossing his arms.  



 

Suddenly a knock on the door could be heard, and Jae rolled his eyes, “I bet you its Sungjin, again” Jae said annoyed.




 

Jae opened the door, and of course, it was Sungjin. He didn’t understand why he was back again when he was literally there about an hour ago. Sungjin held a box in his hands, and Jae knew now why he was back. Sungjin didn’t have to bring their mail or anything up to their apartment, but he always insisted. Jae knew it was an excuse to see someone, that someone being Wonpil, Jae now understood.



 

Jae didn’t even say anything and grabbed the box away from Sungjin, then quickly closed the door, but before Jae could get the door closed all the way, the door was stopped by Sungjin’s shoe.


 

Jae couldn’t help but open the door again, he glared at Sungjin, but Sungjin was not looking at him anymore, but rather looking behind him, looking at Wonpil.

 

 


 

 

tumblr_op3lzjYccR1w9ezsjo1_400.gif