TWO

The Life of Jae

 

Chapter 2

 

 

The Next morning Jae woke up to the smell of food cooking in the oven, but the bouncing of Wonpil and Dowoon on his bed as well. He groaned, twisting and turning under his sheets. What the hell were they doing jumping on his bed this early in the morning, he thought to himself. Why were they even jumping on his bed in the first place.


 

Wonpil and Dowoon were jumping at the edge of Jae’s bed while holding hands, and almost flopping over on top of each other. The two were incredibly excited about something, and excited about each other's presence per usual as well.


 

Jae sat up in bed throwing the sheets off his body. He ignored the two and inched out of bed without any emotion, poker-faced. He stood up out of bed and walked over to his closet and began getting his clothes out. Meanwhile, Wonpil and Dowoon were still preoccupied with bouncing on Jae’s bed.


 

By the time the two came back to reality the door was slammed shut and Jae was out of sight. They looked at each other, then started laughing. They both exited Jae’s room and went back to the kitchen to watch the food in the oven.  


 

Wonpil and Dowoon were across the kitchen counter from each other, and the oven was just to their left. Wonpil was leaning on the counter towards Dowoon, while Dowoon was sitting in a chair that was on the other side of the counter. They held each other's hands while teasing one another, waiting for Jae who was now in the shower.


 

Dowoon smiled looking down at Wonpil playing with his fingers, “I’m glad we don’t have to be as secretive anymore” he said softly still looking down at each other's hands.


 

Wonpil laughed, “Yeah, and now we can do this more often in front of him,” he said reaching over the counter a bit and gently taking a hold of Dowoon’s chin bringing his head up to face him, then leaning in and planting a soft kiss on Dowoon’s forehead.


 

Dowoon’s cheeks flushed a tint of pink, and he smiled brightly admiring Wonpil, “hmm, what about here?” he shyly said pointing to his lips.


 

“I was getting there,” Wonpil said smirking.

 

Wonpil stood up from the counter and walked around to the other side to Dowoon who was still sitting. The two smiled at each other, Dowoon looking up at Wonpil standing above him. They were excited for what was about to come. Wonpil gently cupped Dowoon’s face and leaned down just enough so the two's lips met. Dowoon reached his hand up and took a hold of Wonpil’s shirt as they deepened the kiss a bit. Their hearts were racing, but all that excitement went away when the sound of something falling on the floor caused the two to separate.


 

There stood Jae, steam clouds coming out of the bathroom right behind him, with a towel around his neck. He stood in an oversized white muscle Tshirt and some grey sweatpants. His hair was dripping, and the toothbrush once in his mouth now on the ground.


 

Suddenly, Jae slowly hovered over to the two, and stopped inches away from them, “I saw that” he whispered, then began laughing.


 

Wonpil and Dowoon looked at each other for a second then started laughing along with Jae.


 

“So what do you think?” Wonpil says pursing his lips at Jae.


 

“What do you mean what do I think?” Jae laughs, using the towel on his neck to dry his hair, “You guys actually look pretty good together, if that's what you mean.” Jae said walking over to the fridge.


 

“Good,” Wonpil said. Dowoon grabbed Wonpil by the waist and hugged him from behind from his seat.


 

“What the hell are you guys so excited about anyway?” Jae asked, “Don’t ever jump on my bed again, by the way.”


 

Right as Jae said that, the alarm on the oven went off. Wonpil peeled Dowoon’s arms off of his waist and ran over to the oven grabbing the yellow oven mitts off to the side and quickly put them on. He opened the oven and pulled out the food that was cooking.


 

“We are excited because,” Wonpil said, placing the food down, “We have a new neighbor, and we are all going to go greet them with this food.”


 

“We, are not, but you guys can,” Jae said backing away.


 

“Why not?” Dowoon asked.


 

“I just don’t want to and you guys are not going to force me,” He said, then ran into his room, and locked it.


 

The two looked at each other and shrugged.


 

-

 

Dowoon stood with the now prepared food in his hands next to the kitchen table, while Wonpil walked over to Jae’s door.


 

Wonpil knocked on the door, “Jae, are you sure you don’t want to come?”


 

Jae didn’t answer, which signaled to Wonpil that he didn’t want to come. Wonpil sighed, then turned away from Jae’s room and walked over to Dowoon and put his arm around Dowoon’s shoulders, “Lets go.”


 

The two walked out of the apartment together, and down the hall to the apartment next to theirs. Dowoon still carried the food in his hands, and Wonpil knocked on the door. To be honest, the two were expecting a young girl in her early twenties, or some weirdo to open the door. They were just hoping for the new neighbor to be normal at the least.


 

To their surprise, when the door opened they were greeted by an incredibly handsome guy who looked to be in his early twenties. His hair was dark black put up nicely and he wore a light brown jean jacket, over a black Tshirt, and black ripped in the knees skinny jeans. The two were lowkey shocked by his looks.


 

“Wah,” Dowoon mumbled under his breath.


 

Wonpil elbowed him in the ribs and grabbed the food out of his hands, “Hello, We heard we were getting a new neighbor today, so we thought we’d make you some welcoming food.” Wonpil said ing the food towards the guy.


 

“Thanks guys, for the welcome,” The guy smiled brightly at the two, “I’m Brian by the way.”



 

“Nice to meet you, Brian, I’m Wonpil, and this is my boyfriend Dowoon.” Wonpil greeted, making him well aware that Dowoon was his “We live in the apartment right down that way,” he pointed to the right of Brian’s place.



 

“Ah,” Brian nodded, “well it's nice meeting you guys.”



 

“Nice meeting you to,” Dowoon smiled.


 

Wonpil glared at Dowoon, then smiled back at Brian and slightly bowed, before turning away back to their apartment. Wonpil grabbed Dowoon’s wrist tightly and dragged him back into their apartment.


 

“You were checking him out weren’t you.” Wonpil pouted as he let go of Dowoon’s wrist.


 

Dowoon sat down on the couch, and put his arms up behind his head leaning back, “Nah, I wasn’t,” he smirked, “But he was good looking though.”


 

Wonpil glared, but then the end of his lips curled up in a smile, “You're totally right,” he laughed.


 

“But you're better looking,” Dowoon said looking up at Wonpil.


 

“Of course,” Wonpil said, then reached down to the sides of Dowoon’s face pulling him out of his relaxed position, and then leaning down to kiss the younger on the cheek.


 

Wonpil stood up straight and put his pointer finger in the air, “I have an idea,” he said walking over to Jae’s door, “Let's hook them up.”



 

Dowoon stood up from the couch, “Good, luck with that,” He said walking over to the kitchen, “You know he’s picky, plus he won't listen to you, it’ll turn him off even more,” He laughed.



 

“Fine I won't say anything to him about how they should hook up.”



 

Suddenly Jae’s door swung open and out came Jae with his slides on, “Who's making food, i’m hungry.”



 

“I will,” Dowoon said, then ran to the fridge excitedly.



 

“Hey Jae,” Wonpil said with a gesturing nudge, “I think our new neighbor should start hanging out with us, right, “ he said looking at Dowoon.



 

Dowoon nods, while Jae just ignores Wonpil starring off into the distance, then proceeded to the kitchen table without saying anything. He sat down in one of the chairs and placed his head down on the table. Dowoon laughed at Wonpil because of how Jae ignored him.



 

Jae suddenly looked up from the table, “Oh, by the way, do either of you know the landlord?” he asked.



 

Wonpil and Dowoon looked at each other confused, “What's his name, we’ve never seen the landlord yet.” Wonpil asked.


 

Jae’s eyes widen, “Wait, you’ve never seen him! He comes to our apartment all the freakin time!”



 

Wonpil and Dowoon shake their heads, “Nope.”



 

“His name is Sungjin I think.”



 

“Nope never heard,” Dowoon said looking back at Jae from his cooking.



 

“Sungjin,” Wonpil mumbled under his breath, "Like Park Sungjin?" he asked.



 

Jae squinted his eyes in annoyance, "I don't know, how would I know his last name?"

 

 

 

 

"I might know him," Wonpil said with a slight smile.

 



 

 


 

AN:  Okay so If you were subscribed before I decided to change things up, here is when you will start noticing a slight difference.