SIX

The Life of Jae

Chapter 6

 

It was the middle of the week and the five of them had yet to decide what they were going to do that weekend. It was early morning and there were many things to be done that day including taking out the trash. Which happened to be Jae’s turn that week.

 

Jae had been dozing on the couch for a while trying to get out of taking out the trash, but Dowoon wasn’t having it. He tried to throw away something in the trash but all the stuff piled on top came falling out. He’d throw it out himself but he was sick and tired of Jae always getting away with not having to take out the trash. Not this time buddy, Dowoon thought to himself.

 

Dowoon walked over to the couch and kicked the side of it attempting to wake Jae up. Jae was pretending to be asleep and ignored the other, but he sure had a rude awakening coming to him when he felt a pillow hit across his face.

 

Jae sprung up from the seat surprised and came face to face with a smirking Dowoon. “What was that for?” Jae acted like he didn’t know.

 

“You,” Dowoon pointed, “Go take out the trash. I’ve done it for you the past two times. You’re lucky I’m not going to make you do my next two turns,” Dowoon said, then pushed Jae over to the trash can.  

 

“Alright, alright. I got this.” Jae said opening the trash can and watched as a few things fell out.

 

Dowoon tried to keep himself from laughing at Jae, “Well, Wonpil and I are going to go grocery shopping right now. It would be even better if you cleaned up around the house as well while we are gone,” he gestured towards the living room where it was a bit messy.

 

Jae took a deep breath, “We’ll see,” he said then turned to look at Dowoon, but he had already left the room, “Wow,” he said to himself.

 

Jae was still struggling with the trash by the time Dowoon and Wonpil were leaving to the grocery store. Wonpil laughed at Jae as they left the apartment, and Jae just glared at them too.

 

After a couple more minutes Jae was finally able to collect everything in the bag. He sighed a big sigh of relief, and walked over to the door and slid on his slides as he exited the apartment.   

 

With a struggle, he walked over to the elevator and pressed on the button, but for some reason, the elevator didn’t do anything. There was no sound or light, “No ing way,” he mumbled, then continuously pressed on the elevator button.

 

After a few seconds Jae let out an annoyed sigh, “Seriously,” he said, then kicked the elevator door before turning away.

 

He walked over to the stairs and looked down setting the trash bag on the floor. It wasn’t that big of a deal since it was only one flight of stairs, but it would have defiantly been easier taking the elevator down.

 

He took a deep sigh then began walking down the stairs, however seconds later things would take a pretty bad turn. Before even getting down three steps,  the bottom of the trash bag had ripped open and out came all the trash. Jae’s eyes widened at the sight, “No, this cannot be happening,” he said closing his eyes in disbelief, “You piece of trash bag!” Jae yelled and stomped.

 

He stopped a few more times throwing his hands in the air when next he suddenly slipped on trash and fell on his sliding down a few steps, “!” he yelled as he reached the bottom of the first set of stairs. He let out frustrated cries as he sat at the bottom covered in trash when suddenly from above someone appeared.

 

“Is anyone down here?” Jaes new neighbor appeared from above at the top of the stairs. The two made eye contact and Brian’s eyes widened at the sight of Jae, “Oh my gosh, are you okay?” Brian said worried as he hurried down to help Jae up, except instead of helping Jae up he ended up slipping on trash as well falling down on top of Jae, again.

 

Jae was about to stop the other from rushing down to him, but before he knew it Brain had fallen as well. He didn’t think the other was this clumsy, but he guessed he was wrong.

 

Just like how they first met the two were staring at each other from an unfortunate accident. Jae had to admit despite being in this situation he still found Brian really hot.

 

Brian quickly got up catching his balance, then reaching out to help Jae up, “I can’t believe that just happened,” Brian said as Jae took ahold of his hand, pulling himself up.

 

Jae let out a nervous laugh collecting himself, “yeah, I don't know how I ended up this way,” he said slightly feeling miserable about himself.

 

Brian pressed his lip into a line, then raised his eyebrows, “I’ll help you with the trash,” he began, “actually stay here, I’ll bring a new trash bag,” he said, then quickly ran back up to his room to get a bag.

 

Jae sighed as Brian disappeared through the door. How embarrassing he thought to himself as he kicked a piece of trash over.

 

Within minutes Brian was already back. He walked down to Jae and handed him the bag and the two quickly began picking up trash and putting it into the new bag.

 

“So,” Jae began to say as he tossed an empty cereal box into the bag, “What brought you to the stairs,” he laughed nervously.

 

“To be honest I was about to take my trash out to,” he started, “But when I opened my door I heard a thump coming from inside the stairway.”

 

“Me falling, huh,” Jae tried to make a joke of himself, but Brian just looked more concerned than got the joke.

 

“It’s good you didn’t break anything,” Brian said putting one of the last pieces of trash into the bag.

 

“Same to you,” the two let out a small laugh.

 

The two stood up, and Brian scratched his neck looking down at the bag, “Welp, you can go ahead and head down, I’ll meet you down there in a second,” he said, then nodded before he turned to leave.





 

Before he knew it the two were downstairs throwing away their trash in the bins. The two just talked a bit and what not.

 

Jae found himself getting along with Brian quiet easily, unlike most people he barely knew. He didn’t know why, but having a new friend didn't seem like such a bad idea.



 

A couple of hours had passed and Wonpil and Dowoon had finished up their grocery shopping. However, before going straight back to the apartment, the two took a detour and stopped at a convenience store to get a few sweets to snack on later that night.

 

The two walked in arms linked together. They went straight to the candy section and started picking things out. To their surprise, a familiar voice came from behind the two.

 

“Funny seeing you guys here,” the voice from behind spoke.

 

Wonpil and Dowoon looked behind and immediately broke into smiles as they made eye contact with Sungjin.

 

“Wow, hey,” Wonpil began, “What are you doing here?”

 

“Same as you,” Sungjin laughed, “Just kidding, ran out of toothpaste, so I had to come get some, then I saw you guys,” he nodded holding up the toothpaste he just picked out in the air.

 

The two nodded, and they continued their conversation as they checked out and left.




 

The three of them walked into the apartment complex and were about to go their separate ways, however, Sungjin stopped before turning away, “Did we have any plan yet for the weekend?”

 

Wonpil and Dowoon looked to each other, then back to Sungjin, “We’ll talk about it with Jae, and get back to you as soon as possible.” Wonpil smiled.

 

Sungjin nodded, then said his goodbyes before turning away.

 


 

AN: I've planned to finish this in 2 more chapters, I think. SOrry for taking forever again. Hopefully I won't take forever for the next updates, let's hope. 

tumblr_pmm5dfJIRN1ufjoero1_1280.jpg