ONE

The Life of Jae

Chapter 1

 

Jae sat at the end of the kitchen table, while Dowoon and Wonpil sat across from him. He glared at the two as they waited for his response to what they had just confessed. The two were always hesitant about ever telling him about this, but they felt it was time to come clean about it, especially since they've been hiding it from him long enough. It was about time they’d tell Jae the truth.


 

Jae closed his eyes and clenched his fists taking a big long sigh. While Wonpil and Dowoon looked at each other nervously and all the while holding each other's hands secretly under the kitchen table.


 

“You mean to tell me that you two have been dating this whole time while we been living here and I didn’t even know?” Jae started off calm but was yelling by the end.


 

They looked at each other, then looked back at Jae and slightly laughed, and then gave him a nervous smile. Hopefully, Jae wouldn’t kick them out for keeping it a secret from him.


 

“Its not that I’m mad that you guys are dating, but why didn’t you tell me?” Jae said letting go of his clenched fist.


 

Wonpil commented first, “It’s not that we didn’t want to tell you, its just we were honestly afraid how you’d react.”


 

Dowoon butted in, “Plus we were going to tell you sooner but as time went by and the fact that we hadn't told you the more we were afraid how things would turn out. So we kept it a secret...a little longer than we should have. Sorry.” he said leaning his head slightly to side.


 

“Wait, so how long exactly have you guys been dating because we’ve been friends for a few years now. You guys obviously have been dating since we moved in, which was 2 months ago.” Jae said getting up from the kitchen table confused.


 

Dowoon smiled looking up to Jae standing, “4 months.”


 

Jae’s jaw dropped. “What the . Tell me how in the hell I didn’t realize this!” he yelled and started pacing the room.


 

Both Dowoon and Wonpil laughed. Wonpil got up from the table and walked over to Jae and took a hold of him by the shoulders, stopping him from pacing anymore, “To be honest, I don’t know how you didn’t realize it. We thought we were pretty obvious.” he said laughing.


 

“I must be an idiot.” Jae said stunned by the situation.


 

“Thats true,” Wonpil laughed then ran over behind Dowoon to take cover from Jae.


 

“But..but I thought all those cuddle sessions you guys have were just you guys being you. You’ve always done that?” Jae said trying to point out things so he doesn’t look like an idiot.


 

Dowoon laughed, “True,” he said looking to Wonpil.


 

“Yeah yeah, but we’ve gotten way more intimate in front of you since we started dating. You just never pay attention. One time, we even kissed in the same room as you.” Wonpil said teasing.

 

Jae put his hands to his temples, “NOO, what the heck.”


 

Wonpil just nodded then looked to Dowoon with a sweet smile interlocking fingers with him. “Well now that we’ve told you this and we’ve established that we aren’t getting kicked out, me and Dowoon will take a leave and go on a date.” Wonpil said smirking at Jae.


 

“Wait a second! Does that mean all those times you told me that you and Dowoon were going to go play video games in your room that you guys were actually!” Jae said hands on his head, elbows up.


 

Wonpils smirk turns into a confused grin, “No, we were actually playing video games.”


 

“Oh, okay. Uhm, you guys can go on your date now.” Jae said mentally slapping himself for thinking that.


 

The two exited the apartment and walked down the hall to the elevators. As they waited Dowoon smiled and quickly locked arms with Wonpil.


 

“What a ert,” Dowoon said with a laugh, “But I’m glad we told him.”


 

Wonpil rubbed Dowoon’s arm and nodded, “I’m glad we did to.”


 

The elevator on the right opened and they got in. Right as the elevator doors shut, the elevator doors on the left opened and out came spunky Sungjin with envelopes in his hands.


 

He walked with a slight skip down to Jae’s apartment. He fixed his hair standing in front of the door before knocking. After he touched up his hair he smiled brightly, then proceeded to knock on the door.


 

Jae rolled his eyes from inside his apartment. He was about to take a bit of the amazing sandwich he just made, but someone ruined it for him, and he knew exactly who it was.


 

Jae slammed his plate down on the table, then got up and walked over to the door. He took a long sigh before opening the door. He opened the door to see his landlord Sungjin.


 

“What do you want?” Jae said annoyed.


 

Sungjin was peeking behind Jae as if he were looking for something in Jae’s apartment, “Where are your roommates?” he asked then looked back to Jae.


 

“Not here.” Jae says with a poker face, “But seriously why are you here. You always ask about my roommates, but you don’t even know them and they don’t know you.”


 

“You don’t know that?” Sungjin said seriously, but then quickly smiled, “Here is your mail.” he said as he handed the envelopes in his hands to Jae.


 

“Why do you even bring our mail, we are suppose to get that ourselves,” Jae said rolling his eyes, “You know what, don’t answer that, I don’t want to know. Thanks, you can go now.” he said legit almost about to shut the door on Sungjin’s face.


 

“Don’t forget to pay your bills,”Sungjin said pointing his finger.


 

Jae nodded, then began to shut the door, but Sungjins stopped him, “also, you are getting a new neighbor tomorrow.”

 

 


 

 Okay Hello! So I've been gone from this story for quite a while now, and now that I'm back I kinda hate where I went with it, so I am going to rewrite, and re-edit it a bit. (chapters two-six) I re-edited this chapter as well just slightly. I really want to finish this story because I hate leaving people hanging. Just wait a bit, and I'll be back. For now, I'll be rewriting/re-editing chapters and reposting them little by little. Thank You!