"I wanna be with you, always from a step behind you. Don’t forget there’s a person who will protect you."

Congratulations

Woohyun’s eyes were wide in shock, not exactly sure how to react.

Kibum continued to look at him, all soft and serious.

“P-Propose?” Woohyun stammered.

And then, Key broke into an amused laugh. “Relax! It’s not that kind of proposal! Although, if you want, I could do that too…” He winked, flirtatiously.

“Yah!” Woohyun tore his hand from his grasp, glaring.

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry, but your face… Oh my God!" Kibum took a deep breath, calming himself. "Okay… I’m good. Anyway, I really am here to propose something to you. A business venture!”

Woohyun’s eyes twitched. “A business… venture?”

Kibum nodded.

“Yah! Then say that first! You gave me a heart attack! Don’t say it in a weird manner!”

The blonde laughed. “Where’s the fun in that? Seriously, Hyun, lighten up! Did you lose all your humor after being married to that stuffy husband of yours?”

“Gyu’s not stuffy, he’s just… serious.”

“Exactly… stuffy.”

“Yah!”

Kibum laughed again. “You haven’t changed,” he said, smiling fondly. “How’s the hubby and the little guy?”

Woohyun returned the smile. “They’re both doing well. Gyu’s in Japan right now for business, but he’ll be back in two weeks. And Myungsoo… well, he’s hardly little anymore. But, he’s still my baby.”

“That’s good to hear.”

Just then, their food arrived and their attention turned to it. They dug in. Woohyun was famished as he had been working non-stop since he got into work.

Kibum took a bite of the steak and groaned in satisfaction, closing his eyes. “This is amazing,” he commented, cutting himself another piece.

Woohyun chuckled. “I didn’t cook it, but the recipe is good.”

“Which is why I want to go back to my business proposal,” said Kibum. “Aren’t you tired of cooking other people’s food?”

Woohyun raised an eyebrow. “I became a chef for that very reason.”

“Let me rephrase. Aren’t you tired of cooking using other people’s recipes instead of your own? You’re a great chef, Hyun!”

The other shrugged. “I mean, I learn from other people’s recipes too. I don’t mind.”

“But, don’t you want to share your own? Have people taste your own creations?”

Woohyun hummed. “I guess so.”

Beaming, Kibum clapped once. “And that’s exactly what I’m offering you a chance to do. So, you know that I’ve always wanted to have my own café?”

Woohyun remembered. Kibum grew up with his grandmother; his parents both worked overseas. He often spoke about having his own café to honor his grandmother who taught him cooking and baking. He had planned everything back when they were only culinary students, from the café theme to its menu. It was his biggest dream. Woohyun never had that high of an ambition, but he often admired Kibum for aiming for the stars.

“I finally saved up enough money for it,” the other continued, smiling excitedly as his cat-like eyes shined like diamonds. “And I dated a business consultant a year ago, he gave me some pretty good advice. If I start now, I could have this café ready to open by next year, right on time for Halmeoni’s 80th birthday. And, now, all I need is a partner.” He grinned at Woohyun. “That’s where you come in, my dear Namu.”

Woohyun’s eye twitched at the old nickname.

Kibum reached out to take one of his hands again. “I want you to be my business partner. Your recipes have this certain… flair to them. A homey and comforting one. I missed them while I was in Daegu. I remember back in culinary school, your dishes always made me feel like I was back home instead of away. That’s what I want for this café. I want it to have that kind of feeling, like with my Halmeoni.” He smiled. “So, what do you say? Will you accept my proposal?”

Woohyun was stunned beyond belief, and yet he felt flattered at the things Kibum said about him. He was also touched that the other thought about him for this ambitious business venture. This was Kibum’s dream and he wanted Woohyun to be a part of it.

It certainly made him feel honored.

“Wow, that’s… wow,” was all he could say. “I’m really happy that you’re finally going through with it.” He smiled and patted the hand on his. “I… I’m really flattered, thank you, Kibum. But,” his smile dropped a little. “Do you mind if I think about it? I mean, there are a lot of things to consider. I’d have to quit my job and I have Myungsoo to take care of. Plus, I need to talk to Sunggyu, first.”

“Of course.” Kibum let go of his hand. “Think about it really well. But, Woohyun.” He flashed him a pointed look. “Your talents are wasted being a simple sous chef in someone else’s restaurant. You deserve to share that with everyone. And I would really like you to be a part of this.”

The other nodded, already deep in thought.

A place to share his talents with many. And even though he would technically be sharing it with Kibum, it would still be a place to call his own.

It wasn’t an unappealing idea at all.

 


 

He felt dead on his feet. Quite literally as his feet were killing him.

As soon as Sunggyu had touched down in Japan, he had been ushered to various locations to meet investors and shareholders. It had only been three days, but he had already shaken many hands that his skin was starting to dry, bowed so many times that his back was hurting, and spoke so much Japanese that he forgot, for a moment, how to say “hello” in Korean.

So, at the end of the day, he was ready to collapse into bed and go off to dreamland. But, first things first, he had to call home.

It took a few rings before his husband finally answered.

“Hello?”

Sunggyu felt himself smile at the deep voice. “Hey.”

“Yeobo, how was your day?”

The corporate man chuckled as he allowed himself to relax back against the pillows of his hotel room bed. “Tiring. I would have called earlier but there were too many meetings and they all ended late.” He groaned. “This is going to be a long two weeks.”

“You can always come home early,” Woohyun teased.

“If only I could, yeobo. But, enough about me. How was your day?”

“It was pretty good. I miss you, though.”

He could hear the longing in Woohyun’s voice, a feeling he knew all too well. “Me too. How’s Myungsoo? Is he in bed yet?”

“Yeah, he’s passed out. We had a long day. We went to the kid’s café.”

“Oh? What’s the occasion?”

Woohyun chuckled. “Well, you probably would not believe this but… Kibum is here! In Seoul!”

Sunggyu’s brows furrowed. “Kibum?”

“Kim Kibum. You know, my friend from culinary school. He was at our wedding and he moved back to Daegu soon after.”

The image of a slim, curly-haired youth with glasses and a sarcastic tongue floated in his memory.

“Oh, that Kibum.” He never told Woohyun that that kid always made him feel uneasy. 

“Yeah, he came by the restaurant today. He insisted on taking me and Myungsoo out for dinner, so naturally, Myungie's pretty exhausted. I can tell him you called tomorrow. Oh, today, his teacher praised him on his math work and…”

Woohyun then continued to chatter and Sunggyu let him, loving how the way his husband’s voice soothed the tired muscles in his body and weary mind.

Talking to him made the ache of longing even stronger in Sunggyu. He missed his family. He had called Mrs. Wang the day before to ask about Donghyun too.

He wanted nothing more than to just pack up and head back to Korea, but it wasn’t possible. Nonetheless, it made him even more determined to do the best job in Japan so he could go home to them soon. He wanted his husband and his sons back in his arms.

 


 

Myungsoo looked particularly gloomy that morning. And Woohyun knew why.

It was Saturday. And, normally on Saturdays, Sunggyu took the 7-year-old to see his brother. But, because Sunggyu was away in Japan, there was no visit that day.

Woohyun could only watch as Myungsoo picked at his breakfast, not really eating.

“Myungie-ah, do you want to go to the kids’ café today?” he asked, hoping the suggestions would perk his son up.

But, Myungsoo only shook his head.

“Why don’t we stay in and bake cookies?” he tried again.

Myungsoo looked up at him with a pout. “Can’t we visit Donghyunnie today?” he asked, sounding pitiful.

Woohyun wasn’t sure what to say. Could he? Sunggyu didn’t ask him to. In fact, he didn’t even mention anything about his other son to Woohyun during their nightly calls that entire week. To be honest, Woohyun didn’t really think about possibly bringing his son to his brother at all. He just assumed that Myungsoo understood and would stay home. But, perhaps, he had overestimated his son; he was still just a kid after all.

His silence made Myungsoo pout even more. The rest of breakfast was a silent affair and afterwards, the 7-year-old retreated to his room to play.

His normally bright son’s gloominess eventually affected Woohyun too and he found himself looking at the framed picture of Donghyun next to Myungsoo. They looked nothing alike; they didn’t share blood. If it weren’t for Sunggyu, they wouldn’t even be brothers.

But, to Myungsoo who adored and loved his little brother to pieces, that didn’t matter. And Woohyun loved his son more than anything in this world (aside from Sunggyu, of course).

So, after thinking very deeply about it, he found himself knocking on his son’s door and entering. Myungsoo was playing with some puzzles, though not quite enthusiastic about it. He looked up when his father entered.

Woohyun smiled at him. “Why don’t we visit Donghyunnie after lunch?”

His son’s bright smile, loud “thank you”, and love hug made everything worth it.

And, just as he promised, after lunch, they got in the car and Woohyun drove to Eunseo’s apartment. In the backseat, Myungsoo was singing along to the radio, getting the words wrong, but very obviously happy. Woohyun was so amused that he forgot to be anxious.

So, when they arrived and ran the doorbell, Woohyun was feeling lighter than he would have some months ago.

Mrs. Wang opened the door and looked very surprised to see them. “Mr. Nam, we didn’t realize you were coming today,” she said, stepping aside to let them in.

They entered and Woohyun took a moment to look around the new place since it was his first time there. Sohee and Sunggyu had picked the place.

It was much larger and more comfortable than Eunseo’s old place. Two bedrooms (one for Eunseo and the other served as the nursery), a living room with a much larger couch and complete entertainment system, a small dining set, larger kitchen, and a bathroom – a perfect home for a single parent family.

Eunseo was sitting at the dining table on her laptop. Woohyun had heard from Sunggyu that she had resigned from her job at his company and was doing some freelance work for Sohee’s office instead, just until she was comfortable enough to leave Donghyun home with Mrs. Wang.

The woman looked up when Woohyun and Myungsoo stepped in. Her eyes widened as she stood up and closed her laptop.

“Woohyun-shii, I didn’t know you were coming,” she said, giving him a small bow. “Sunggyu-shii said that he won’t be visiting this week and the next because he’s in Japan so I assumed…”

“Ahhh, that’s my fault, I should have called first,” Woohyun replied, feeling sheepish now. He gestured with his head to Myungsoo who had already removed his backpack and was running towards the crib in the corner of the living room where Donghyun was lying down, gnawing on a toy. “Myungsoo really wanted to see him.”

At that, Eunseo nodded. “Please, sit. Mrs. Wang, do you mind getting some tea for Woohyun-shii, please?”

The nanny nodded and immediately headed off to the kitchen.

Woohyun settled at the kitchen table and watched as Eunseo approached the two children, saying “hi” to Myungsoo in the process.

She carefully picked up the now 4-month old Donghyun from his crib with practiced ease. And, as if he had done it many times before, Myungsoo ran towards a jungle-themed jumper in the corner and dragged it to the middle of the living room. While Eunseo placed Donghyun in the jumper, the 7-year-old ran to another corner full of toys and grabbed a play mat.

Woohyun watched in fascination as his son jogged back to jumper and neatly laid the mat out. Then, he grabbed his backpack, sat on the mat, and began taking out his toys, all the while talking to his brother about his week in school. Donghyun laughed and clapped as he bounced up and down, looking like he really understood everything his hyung was saying.

Eunseo made her way back to the table and seated herself across from Woohyun. She didn’t say a word, still not very comfortable in his presence.

Woohyun cleared his throat. “Are they always like that?” he casually asked, keeping his eyes on both children.

“Ahhh, yes. Myungsoo is a very attentive brother. Donghyun can’t really play with him very much, but he never complains about it. After an hour, he’ll turn the T.V. on and they’ll watch cartoons. Then, he’ll read to him.”

Just then, Mrs. Wang entered and placed two mugs of tea on the table before excusing herself and heading for the living room to watch the children.

Once again, the atmosphere became awkward between them. Eunseo tapped the edge of her mug with a finger and Woohyun just stared at his reflection on the tea’s surface.

“Um… how have you been, Woohyun-shii?”

He coughed and looked up at her. “I’m fine. And you?” he returned, politely.

“I’m well,” she smiled, slightly. “Things have been a bit hectic, but I’m managing. Being a mother is no joke,” she laughed good-naturedly.

“Speaking of mothers, have you told your family?” he couldn’t help but ask.

Eunseo swallowed and looked away. “No,” she replied, softly. “Not yet.”

“Oh. I see.”

He was sure that things would be so much easier and manageable on her end if she had some help from some family. Mrs. Wang was a giant help to the everyday chores and responsibilities with the baby, but she wasn’t a live-in nanny. Was Eunseo not close with her family? Was that why she couldn’t tell them about her son? They had every right to know too.

But, it wasn’t Woohyun’s business, so he politely kept his mouth shut.

“Does this get easier?” she asked.

Woohyun raised an eyebrow. “Parenting?” He sighed. “You’ll get the hang of it, eventually. But, easier? I guess it depends on what you define as easier. Will you become more adept at it? Yes. But will you stop messing up and making mistakes? Ahhh, not really. You’ll always make mistakes. Then, you learn from them.”

He took a sip of his tea.

“So, is this what you and Sunggyu do when he’s here? Have tea and have a conversation about parenting?” He couldn’t help the slight bitterness in his tone.

“Ahhh, sometimes.” She blushed, lightly, but her eyes were somber. “Most of the time, he sits with the children and plays with them. He takes care of Donghyun when it’s just him, and sometimes he takes him out to the park nearby.” She smiled. “Sunggyu-shii is a wonderful father.”

“He is,” Woohyun agreed and with a bit of pride. “He has been amazing to Myungsoo all these years. You can count on him to be a good father to Donghyun too.”

Eunseo tilted her head to the side, looking at him with piercing eyes. For some reason, Woohyun couldn’t look away. It was like she was trying to read him, read whatever is written inside him.

“Do you still hate me, Woohyun-shii?” she asked.

The question took him by surprise. He only stared back, wracking his brain for an answer. Logically, his answer would be “yes”. But, hate… that was quite a strong word, wasn’t it?

Yes, he hated her for sleeping with his husband. And he hated her for getting pregnant and therefore, establishing a bond with Sunggyu that even Woohyun, himself, could never break.

But, she also gave his husband something precious in the form of a little boy with tiny eyes and a sharp nose. Could he really and truly hate that?

“I’m not… fond of you,” he finally said, carefully choosing his words. “I’m still angry at you. And I haven’t forgiven you.”

With those few words, he saw something break in her eyes. She turned her gaze away, eyes glistening with unshed tears.

“But, your saving grace is Donghyun. No matter what I do or how I wish I could, I can’t hate you for giving my husband that little boy. Even though he is a reminder of yours and Sunggyu’s mistakes, that’s not his fault to bear but yours and Sunggyu’s alone.” He sighed. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m only being nice to you for your son’s sake. And maybe someday I’ll forgive you the way I’ve forgiven my husband. But, as of now, Eunseo-shii, I have no intention of giving you that forgiveness.”

Wanting to leave the suddenly tense atmosphere, Woohyun politely excused himself and joined the children in the living room.

A few minutes later, he heard the scraping of a chair and from the corner of his eye, he spotted Eunseo picking up her laptop and retreating to one of the bedrooms.

She didn’t leave her bedroom until it was time to say good-bye. And, even then, she couldn’t look Woohyun in the eye.

Somehow, he felt a sense of satisfaction.

 


 

Two weeks did not fly by at all. It went on a snail’s pace – frustratingly slow and neverending. Every day, Sunggyu got more and more exhausted, but he had to maintain his professional and charismatic appearance.

All his hard work paid off when all the deals and meetings were finished a day ahead of schedule. And finishing early meant that he could go home early.

He was invited to several celebratory parties, but he declined them all, stating that he had to return to Korea.

As soon as his plane landed, he immediately headed for home to freshen up. He didn’t tell Woohyun that he was home early, hoping to surprise him at work. After resting and dressing his best, he headed for the restaurant, excited to see his husband.

But, when he arrived and spoke to the manager, he was told that his husband had taken the latter half of the day off.

“He was picked up by a friend about an hour ago,” the manager explained.

Sunggyu thanked her and proceeded to call his husband, instead. Woohyun didn’t pick up the first call, but he did on the second.

“Hey, Gyu,” he greeted.

Sunggyu could hear noises in the background so he was definitely somewhere crowded. “Yeobo, where are you?”

“I’m out with Kibum, why?”

A prick of annoyance made itself known in his head, but he brushed it away. “Well, I’m home. I want to see you.”

“You’re home?! Why didn’t you tell me?!”

“I wanted to surprise you. Where are you?”

Woohyun told him the name of a café in Hongdae and without wasting any more time, he got into his car and headed there, immediately.

Despite the fact that it was already mid-afternoon, the place was crowded and he almost couldn’t find a parking spot. He made his way to the café.

That, too, was crowded and he had to crane his neck, looking for his husband. Finally, he spotted him breaking through the crowd, waving at him. Sunggyu felt his legs move forward, his eyes solely on Woohyun.

The younger jumped on him, wrapping his arms around the older’s neck and pressing his lips to his. Despite the chill outside, Sunggyu felt instantly warm at the feel of those lips. He could feel eyes on them and their very public display of affection and normally, he would feel self-conscious. But, at that moment, he didn’t give a damn.

Woohyun pulled away, a giant smile painted on his lips. “Welcome home.”

“I’m home.”

Taking his hand, Woohyun led him to a table by the windows. A familiar face was sitting there, waving at them. And his hair was blonde.

“Sunggyu-hyung!” Kibum greeted, standing up to bow.

The corporate man’s eye twitched but he returned the bow. “Kibum-shii.”

“Don’t be so formal, hyung! Just ‘Kibum’ is fine!”

And before he knew it, the younger male had enveloped him in a short hug, patting his back in the process. It felt a little awkward but Woohyun laughed, delighted at the display.

He, soon, found himself seated next to Woohyun, a sandwich in front of him while the two friends chattered away, reminiscing about culinary school. Sunggyu couldn’t really join the conversation so he simply focused on his sandwich. He had hoped to have Woohyun to himself that day, but it appeared that the universe had other plans.

At some point, his hand had crept up to Woohyun’s leg, squeezing lightly to get his attention. He was starting to feel neglected.

Woohyun turned to him and pecked his cheek.

“Ugh, you two are still gross,” Kibum said with a wrinkle of his nose.

“You’re just jealous cause you’re single again,” Woohyun retorted, taking a bite of his sandwich.

Woohyun didn’t see it but Sunggyu did. A brief flash of hurt and… longing in Kibum’s expression.

Longing?!

As soon as it appeared, it was gone. But, Sunggyu could have sworn it was there. Before he could ponder any more, Woohyun announced that they should head out in fifteen minutes to pick up Myungsoo.

“Oohh, you should surprise him, hyung!” Kibum said, grinning mischievously. “Woohyun and I have been picking him up the past two weeks. Why don’t you hide from him for a bit and then jump out and surprise him? He’ll love it!”

Sunggyu didn’t really want to but Woohyun was already nodding along, saying that would be fun. He had to pause and stare at his husband because hadn’t seen this mischievous side of Woohyun in a while. After marriage, Woohyun had mellowed out, taking some things a bit more seriously. And if Sunggyu was quite honest, his husband seemed to have lost his penchant for mischief and trouble in the last year since...

He pushed the thought at the back of his mind. No need to dwell on his past mistakes. Not today.

Sunggyu’s eye twitched when Kibum threw an arm over Woohyun’s shoulder as they exited the café.

Now he remembered why his husband’s friend made him anxious – the man was absolutely flirtatious. Kibum and Woohyun never dated but the former had always acted as if they were, even when he was dating someone else. He was always touching, hugging, and flirting with Sunggyu's husband.

He had said his observations to Woohyun before but the younger told him that Kibum was that way to all his close friends. Sunggyu didn’t think so but the other man had never been a threat to their relationship so he never brought it up again. He was starting to wonder if he was wrong.

Thankfully, Woohyun rode with him to Myungsoo’s school.

Apparently, Woohyun didn’t bring his car because Kibum had picked him and Myungsoo up that morning. In fact, he had been doing that all week.

When they arrived at the school, kids were already starting to file out. Kibum was waiting for them by the entrance.

Before Sunggyu could take another step, Kibum held out an arm to stop him.

“You should hide, hyung,” he said.

Woohyun nodded, grinning. “Myungsoo shouldn’t see you first.”

His husband looked so eager that Sunggyu complied and hid behind a pillar.

They didn’t wait long until he heard Myungsoo squeal, “Uncle Kibum!”

Sunggyu peeked from behind the pillar to see his son running up to Kibum, arms open wide for a hug. He felt a twinge of jealousy as he watched the other male pick up the little boy and swing him around.

“Myungie-ah! How was school?”

“It was fun! We played a lot of games today and Jongie gave me his strawberry milk at recess and Yeollie brought his new robot toy and we played with it…”

He continued to chatter on and on as they walked in Woohyun and Sunggyu’s direction.

“Papa!”

Woohyun winked at Sunggyu before walking over to meet their son for a hug.

“Myungie-ah, did you have a good day?” he heard his husband say.

“Yes!”

“Do you want to go home now?”

“Can we get ice cream?”

Woohyun chuckled. “Well, there’s another person here. Maybe we should ask him first if it’s okay?”

“Huh? What person?”

Sunggyu took that as his cue and emerged from behind the pillar with a smile. "Myungsoo-ah."

Myungsoo gasped. “Appa!”

Every other negative thought disappeared the moment Myungsoo was in his arms, hugging him tightly around the neck. He lifted him into his arms, wondering when his little boy got so big and heavy.

“Appa, you’re home! I missed you!” The little boy’s voice was muffled as he buried his face in Sunggyu’s jacket.

“I missed you too, baby.” Sunggyu kissed the side of his head.

“You’re not leaving again soon, right?”

“Nope, I’m going to stay right here.”

From above Myungsoo’s head, Sunggyu caught Woohyun’s eye. His husband was smiling, fondly at the sight of them. A vein popped a little when Kibum walked up next to Woohyun and place an arm around him, grinning at them.

Gently, Sunggyu placed Myungsoo back on the ground. The little boy clung to his jacket.

“Myungsoo-ah, I’m not going anywhere,” he soothed. “Didn’t you say you want ice cream?”

The kid’s head snapped up, eyes suddenly wide. “Really? We can?”

Sunggyu chuckled. He loved spoiling his boy. “Yes. Should we let Papa know of our plans?”

Myungsoo nodded before turning around to run back to Woohyun, letting him know the good news.

The adults laughed at the little boy’s eagerness as they headed out to the parking lot.

“Uncle Kibum, what ice cream flavor do you like?”

“Me? I like chocolate.”

“Me too! Let’s both get chocolate ice cream.”

“Ahhh, maybe next time, Myungie-ah. Uncle has a few things to do right now.”

Woohyun turned to his friend with a frown as Myungsoo pouted. “You can come with, Kibum. The ice cream place is not that far.”

Kibum shrugged. “I know, but Sunggyu-hyung just got home. You should spend time as a family after he’s been gone for a while.”

It was the best thing he had said all day, in Sunggyu’s opinion so he wasn’t complaining. Instead, he watched as Myungsoo hugged the other man good-bye as well as Woohyun. He offered a head tilt, instead, so Kibum responded with a wave and a wink before turning to Woohyun.

“I’ll call you later, okay, Hyun?”

“Okay. I’ll see you around!”

With a few more waves, Kibum headed the opposite direction towards his own car.

Sunggyu wanted to ask why Kibum had to call Woohyun later but his husband was already ushering their son in the car.

Soon, he forgot about his curiosity and not-so-nice feelings towards the other man as he spent the rest of the day with his family, eating ice cream and window shopping. They had pizza for dinner and stopped at Woohyun’s favorite bakery to pick up pastries.

When they got home, Sunggyu helped Myungsoo with his homework, gave him a bath, read him a story, and tucked him into bed.

He found his husband already getting ready for bed in their room and he wasted no time in grabbing him around the waist. Woohyun let out a surprised squeak, which Sunggyu quickly silenced with a kiss. The younger man relaxed in his arms as he returned the kiss, enthusiastically.

“I missed you,” Sunggyu whispered, his fingers already making quick work on the buttons of Woohyun’s shirt.

Woohyun giggled. “I missed you too,” he whispered back. “But, wait, before that, I have something to tell you.” He gently pushed against Sunggyu's chest.

“Hmmm, can it wait?” Sunggyu was feeling rather impatient.

“Gyu.”

With a sigh, the older forced his hands to stop their task.

Woohyun smiled, gratefully. “It’s about Kibum,” he said.

Sunggyu felt his eye twitch again. It had been doing that all day. “What about him?” he asked before following up with, “Did he confess to you or something?”

He meant it as a jibe, but somehow, a part of him was a little… curious.

But, Woohyun flashed him a glare. “Yah, I’m being serious here!”

So was he, but Sunggyu couldn’t tell him that. So, instead, he said, “How long is he going to be in Seoul for?”

Woohyun bit his lip. “That’s… what I wanted to talk to you about.” He cleared his throat. “Kibum… proposed something to me… a business proposal… He’s planning on opening a café here in Seoul next year… and he wants me to be his partner.”

Sunggyu blinked. “Oh,” was all he managed to say. “Um… so… what did you tell him?”

Woohyun bit his lip again. “I told him I would think about it and discuss it with you, first. I mean, there are a lot of factors to consider, like… I’ve never run a business before, I wouldn’t know where to start. And working on a business while I have my job would be a conflict of interest so I’d have to quit, which means I probably won’t be earning much money for a while and plus, I’d have to put in some money too to help with the building and promotions, it can’t all be Kibum, but then what about Myungsoo and our needs at home and plus-.”

“Woohyun-ah,” Sunggyu interrupted to get his attention because his husband was now rambling. “Breathe.”

The younger man obeyed, closing his eyes as he took a deep breath. When he was calm again, he opened his eyes.

Sunggyu only chuckled and pinched his cheek. “Woohyun-ah, forget about all that for a second. What do you want to do?”

Woohyun blinked. “Me?”

Sunggyu nodded. “Yes, you. Do you want to be a part of this business?”

“I… I guess… I mean… It would be nice to have others try my cooking… one that’s actually mine, you know?” Woohyun suddenly smiled a dreamy smile. “I’ve read Kibum’s plans and he pretty much gave me free reign on most of the main dishes as long as he got the desserts and pastries. And there are so many recipes that I’ve always wanted to try and make my own spin on. It... It sounds nice.”

“Then… you should do it.”

Woohyun appeared to blink out of his daydream. “But… my job… Myungsoo…”

Sunggyu silenced him by squishing his cheeks in between his palms. “You don’t need to worry about money, we have savings. And I’m making more than enough. Besides, you’ve worked at that restaurant since you graduated from culinary school, right? Maybe it’s time for you to carve your own path.” He grinned. “And who knows? You’ll become a famous chef in Korea. And I’ll scream the loudest and proudly proclaim that you’re my husband. I can even do that now if you want me to.”

“Your dreams for me are so ambitious,” Woohyun stated, but he was grinning, cheeks red.

Sunggyu pecked his nose. “No matter what you choose, I’ll be right behind you, cheering you on. Both me and Myungsoo.”

“Really?”

He pecked his nose again. “Really.”

Woohyun surged forward to plant a kiss on his lips. “I have the best husband in the world,” he stated before happily wrapping his arms around him.

Sunggyu didn’t know about that since he had made Woohyun cry so many times in the last year alone. But, he would be damned if he would let his husband think he wasn’t supportive of his dreams.

He had no plans of leaving Woohyun’s side. For as long as the younger wanted and loved him, he would never leave him.

Woohyun looked up at him with a flirty smirk, his fingers dancing over the buttons of his husband's shirt. “So, now that that’s out of the way, where were we?”

Sunggyu was only all too happy to remind him.

 


A/N: Hush, guys, it was just a business proposal! Which means... Kibum and Woohyun would be spending a lot of time together! Which means more opportunity for Sunggyu to feel uneasy about their closeness.

So, this chapter originally had so much more, but yet again, I wrote some scenes waaay too much. I underestimated how much I had written so the next part of this would be in the next chapter, which is actually pretty fitting since I recently deleted a filler chapter in my plans that wasn't really needed so I'm still right on track!

For the curious, I am aiming for this to be 14 chapters and an epilogue, so 15 chapters in all. So, 6 more to go! And they're all drama, drama, and more drama!

I feel like I've neglected Howon and Dongwoo so they'll both be making appearances in the next chapter!

OMG, who's seen clips from Infinite's fan meet in Japan? Apparently, there were many WooGyu moments! Ahhh, those two can't keep away from each other, I swear! They kill me!

The title of this chapter was inspired by VIXX's "Love Letter".

'Til the next one!