"I want to make this crooked love straight again."

Congratulations

The mattress was warm against his back. The blankets tangled at his feet. Hands wandered under his shirt, and burning the cold skin. His own hands tangled in dark hair, gently pulling. He bit his lips to restrain the moan threatening to leave his throat, but a painful but pleasurable nip at his throat had other ideas.

Lips trailed from his neck up to his jaw and finally reached his own. Woohyun could no longer stay quiet as his husband’s tongue battled his own, the lean body rubbing pleasurably against him.

“God, I want you,” Sunggyu groaned.

“Then take me,” Woohyun replied, cheekily.

With a growl, Sunggyu took his lips again, his hands grabbing the hem of Woohyun’s shirt and pushing it up. They broke apart briefly so he could remove the shirt and remove his own before attacking Woohyun’s lips again.

The action caused warm bubbles to fill up Woohyun’s stomach and spread throughout the rest of his body

They hadn’t done this in a while. It had been too long. He wanted him so much.

 

 

RING! RING! RING!

 

 

Woohyun tore his lips away from Sunggyu’s to turn in the direction of the ringing phone. It was his husband’s.

Meanwhile, Sunggyu continued to plant kisses all over him.

“G-Gyu… Y-Your p-phone…” Woohyun shuddered at the bite bestowed on his ear and his mind went blank again.

They ignored the ringing, preferring to continue their ministrations on each other.

 

 

RING! RING! RING!

 

 

The phone rang for the second time and Woohyun, once again, turned his head towards it.

“Y-Yeobo… y-your phone… m-might be… i-important…”

“You’re important too.”

 

 

RING! RING! RING!

 

 

“G-Gyu…”

With a sigh, Sunggyu pulled away to finally answer his phone. Woohyun sat up and leaned against the headboard, patting through the covers for his shirt.

“Eunseo-shii?... No, it’s fine, what’s wrong?... Still?... Where’s Mrs. Wang?... Have you called Dongwoo?” Sunggyu looked at Woohyun, who tilted his head to the side in question. “I… I’m not really sure…”

Woohyun found his shirt and put it on. Then, he held out his hand to Sunggyu, gesturing for the phone.

“Hold on, Woohyun wants to talk to you.” Sunggyu handed him the phone.

“Hello, Eunseo-shii?”

“W-Woohyun-shii, I’m so sorry for calling so late, but I d-don’t know what to d-do.”

In the background, Woohyun could hear the ear-piercing shrieks and cries of a 3-month old Donghyun. “It’s fine, just tell me what’s wrong. Sunggyu told me had a cold, but that he was getting better?”

“That’s what I thought as well, but he hasn’t stopped crying! I don’t know what to do! Mrs. Wang already left after he fell asleep, but he woke up again and won’t stop.”

“Maybe he’s hungry?”

“I fed him, but he won’t eat.”

Woohyun tapped his chin with a hum, already having the nagging suspicion that he knew what was wrong. “Does he have a fever?”

“Um… I’m not sure. But, he is a little warm.”

“Check his temperature for me right now. There should be a thermometer among his things; I remember Sunggyu bought one.”

He heard some shuffling as Eunseo presumably went looking for the thermometer. He could hear her trying to soothe her son, the cries getting louder as she moved about.

Woohyun’s heart broke from those cries; the sound of crying children had always affected him in a not-so-pleasant way. It made him remember Myungsoo’s early years of always getting sick and being in and out of the hospital or clinic. He hoped to help ease his husband’s son’s pain somehow.

There was more shuffling before Eunseo was back. “A hundred and one,” she gasped.

“, he has a fever.” Woohyun immediately got up and finding Sunggyu's shirt on the floor, grabbed it and tossed to him. “Is he vomiting?”

“He did when he woke up.”

Woohyun went to their closet and grabbed one of Sunggyu’s sweater. “Does he keep touching his ears?”

“H-His ears?”

“Yes, is he tugging or pulling on them or just touching the area near his ears?” He tossed the sweater at Sunggyu, urging him to wear it.

“I…I think so.”

“Check his ears. Are they red or splotchy?”

“They’re a bit red.”

“Then he might have an ear infection.”

Sunggyu’s eyes widened.

Eunseo gasped. “A-An e-ear infection? Oh no, w-what do I do?”

“It’s fine, it happens. Myungsoo used to get them all the time after a cold. Sunggyu will pick you up and take you to the hospital. But while you’re waiting, give Donghyun a warm compress. Take a clean washcloth, soak it in warm water, and press it to his ear. Elevate his head and try to give him enough fluids.”

“Y-Yes, I’ll d-do that… T-Thank you, W-Woohyun-shii.”

They hung up and Woohyun turned to Sunggyu, who was staring at him in awe. “What?”

“You’re amazing,” the other stated, eyes wide.

Woohyun lightly blushed before shoving the phone at him. “Stop flirting and take your son to the hospital. I’ll call Dongwoo.”

“She said Dongwoo wasn’t answering her call.”

“I’ll try anyway. Just get Donghyun to the hospital, okay?”

Sunggyu grabbed his face, squished his cheeks, and pressed a kiss to his lips. “I’m sorry. I’ll make it up to you.”

Woohyun chuckled. “Bring home pastries from my favorite French bakery and we’re even.”

“You got it.” Sunggyu kissed him again before rushing off to his son.

Meanwhile, Woohyun tried calling Dongwoo and to his dismay, the older doctor wasn’t picking up. He was probably already asleep. Well, there wasn’t anything they could do now. He only hoped that Eunseo didn’t panic and would stay calm until Sunggyu arrived.

So, for now, he would wait until Sunggyu came home to him. He always did.

 


 

It turned out that Woohyun’s hunch was correct: Donghyun had an ear infection.

The doctor examined him, prescribed some antibiotics, and advised that if it didn’t clear up within three days, to come back for a re-examination.

So, Sunggyu drove Eunseo and a now sleeping Donghyun back to their apartment.

“Thank you so much, Sunggyu-shii,” Eunseo said as they reached her apartment door. “And again, I’m really sorry.”

“It’s fine, I told you that you can always call us if there’s an emergency,” Sunggyu replied. “This counts.” He reached out to gently Donghyun’s head. “I texted Woohyun to call Mrs. Wang to stay with you for the night. It might be best for her to keep you company while Donghyunnie is recovering. We’ll increase her pay for the extra hours. I’m sure she’s already here.”

“Thank you, again, Sunggyu-shii.”

“You both get some rest now. I’ll stop by tomorrow to see how he’s doing.” He stepped forward and pressed a kiss to Donghyun’s head.

“Please tell Woohyun-shii that I said thank you? I wouldn’t have known what to do without him.”

Sunggyu smiled. “I will.”

He bid them good night and drove back home.

It was too late and the French bakery was now closed, so he would have to pick up Woohyun’s pastries tomorrow.

Nonetheless, he was glad that things worked out fine.

After Donghyun was born, he had been scared and nervous as to how Woohyun would react. He had been terrified that his husband would go into another emotional breakdown. Yet, the entire time he was at the hospital, Woohyun had held Donghyun, cooing to him and rocking him to sleep.

Woohyun had not seen Donghyun since the day Eunseo took him home from the hospital, but he frequently asked about him from Sunggyu. Anyone in their family could tell that his husband had a soft spot for the baby, as he always sent him little gifts and asked Sunggyu for pictures. The day Woohyun framed a picture of Donghyun and placed it next to Myungsoo’s on the mantelpiece almost sent Sunggyu into tears.

Meanwhile, they had to create a new routine for the baby’s sake.

First, they moved the mother and son to a much bigger apartment with better security and privacy. Second, Sunggyu was visiting them twice a week; once in the middle of the week and once during the weekend. Often, during the weekend visits, he brought Myungsoo.

The visits to his brother were the 7-year-old’s favorite day of the week. Although Donghyun couldn’t really play his big boy toys with him, Myungsoo was perfectly content playing on his own with Donghyun watching him. Sometimes, he simply talked to the baby, accepting the gurgles and squeaks as perfectly acceptable answers. Other times, he read to Donghyun or watched cartoons with him.

All his life, Sunggyu always imagined what it would be like to have children. And, now, he had two and he had never felt so incredibly fortunate. Despite all his mistakes and wrongdoings, he still felt blessed.

And he certainly felt like the luckiest man when he came home and slid back into bed with the love of his life.

Woohyun had fallen asleep on top of the covers, his phone in his hand. Sunggyu put the device away and lifted the covers over his husband and himself before wrapping his arms around his waist, pressing a kiss to the back of his neck.

With a soft groan, Woohyun stirred and turned around in his arms. Slowly, he opened his eyes, blinking rapidly as they focused on Sunggyu.

“Hi,” Sunggyu greeted with a loving smile.

“Hi,” Woohyun returned with a smile of his own. “How’s Donghyun?”

Sunggyu pulled him close. “You were right, it’s an ear infection. The doctor prescribed some antibiotics.”

Woohyun hummed. “It might take a few days but I’m sure he’ll be fine, they usually clear up on their own.”

Sunggyu pressed a kiss to his hair. “Can I visit him tomorrow? I’ll be home for dinner with your pastries, I promise.”

Woohyun nodded against his neck. “Don’t forget the eclairs.”

“I won’t. You tired?”

“Yeah.”

“That’s too bad.” Sunggyu rolled them over so he was on top of his husband. “I was hoping we could pick up where we left off?”

Woohyun rolled his eyes as Sunggyu dove in for his neck. “You’re insatiable,” he complained.

Yet, he didn’t push Sunggyu off and they did manage to pick up where they left off.

It was another reminder to Sunggyu about how truly grateful and lucky he was to have Woohyun by his side.

 


 

The next morning was another typical morning.

Woohyun woke up first, made breakfast, and got ready for the day. Then, he woke up Sunggyu, giving him a morning kiss and then Myungsoo. They had breakfast together and after that, while the two got ready for work and school, he made their lunchboxes.

Sunggyu joined him in the kitchen, bringing their empty plates to the sink. His tie was half done.

Woohyun tsk-ed and finished it off for him before handing him his red lunch bag. “This one is yours.” Then, he picked up another bag in green. “You’re going to Eunseo’s later, right? These are extras from dinner last night. I’m sure she and Mrs. Wang have their hands full with Donghyun being sick.”

Arms s around his waist, bringing him closer to the older man. “Ahhh, my husband is so kind,” Sunggyu gushed before kissing him. “You make me want to do things to you right now.”

Laughing, Woohyun slapped his chest. “You’re insatiable.” But, he leaned in to kiss him. “Later. Right now, you have work.”

Sunggyu sighed as he let him go. “One of these days, we should go on vacation,” he muttered.

Meanwhile, Woohyun called out for Myungsoo. “Myungie-ah, here’s your lunch. You both have to go. I have to head out soon too.”

Myungsoo came running in, all primp and ready in his uniform. Woohyun gave him his lunchbox and then walked both father and son to the door. They bid him goodbye with a kiss and left.

As soon as the door closed, Woohyun himself got ready to leave.

As he drove out of the dark parking garage and it into the morning light of the busy Seoul streets, he realized that despite everything, for now, he was content.

He hoped that nothing would disturb this calm.

 


 

It arrived quicker than they thought. It seemed to happen with a simple blink of an eye but Donghyun suddenly went from a few hours old to a hundred days old. And being rather traditional, Mrs. Kim insisted on celebrating his 100 days at the Kim home once more. She ran the plans over with Eunseo who gave her free reign to everything.

“I can’t cook and I’ve never planned anything like this before,” she had said, solemnly. “I don’t really know what to do.”

So, Mrs. Kim planned it all – the food, decorations, and where to get the cake.

Woohyun volunteered to cook. He was hit with a weird sense of déjà vu when he found himself cooking up a storm in the kitchen with Iseul. Yet, unlike the heavy feeling of dread he had last time, he felt light. He was even humming as he chopped, stirred, and fried.

The guests were already in the living room, setting up and decorating. There weren’t many people, just Sunggyu’s side of the family, the Lee-Jang couple, and Mrs. Wang. Woohyun’s side of the family was invited too, but had once again, declined the invitation, but they sent gifts.

He was just finishing up the last of the rice cakes when Mrs. Kim entered.

“Woohyunnie, you should come join us in the living room,” she said to him.

“I’ll be there as soon as I’m done, omo-nim.”

She placed a hand on his arm, causing him to look up from his work to her concerned eyes.

“Are you okay, son?” she asked, worriedly. “I’m sorry if this is uncomfortable for you.”

“I’m fine, really,” he replied with a smile. “I’m happy to do this for Donghyun.”

“I’m still sorry about what my son did, Woohyunnie,” she said, sounding remorseful and Woohyun’s heart warmed.

He patted her hand on his arm. “Omo-nim, what’s happened has happened. I’ve forgiven Sunggyu for that.” He sighed. “To be honest, I think he’s the one who hasn’t forgiven himself. But, we’re getting through this. And, he’s happy and so is Myungsoo. That’s all that matters to me.”

Mrs. Kim hummed before placing her hands on either one of this cheeks in a motherly fashion. “You know, my son doesn’t deserve you.” She smiled. “But, you make him so happy and I’m glad you chose to love him despite everything.”

Woohyun chuckled. “You knew from the very beginning that I love him no matter what. He makes me happy as much as I do the same for him.”

“And you are the best son-in-law we have ever had.”

“Omo-nim, I’m your only son-in-law.”

“Which is why Sohee really needs to get married soon. But, I’m willing to bet that whoever she chooses, you’ll still be my favorite.”

They both laughed and Mrs. Kim offered her help in finishing making the food.

She had always been very kind to him. Not like those wicked rich mother-in-laws in dramas who disapproved of their children marrying under their station. Before Woohyun became part of the family, he lived a simple life. It wasn’t his intention to marry into the upper class. Besides, the Kims were a modest rich family since they, too, came from almost nothing; Sunggyu's grandparents on his father's side were both of new money. 

The celebration began without a hitch. Sunggyu bought special clothes for Donghyun for the occasion. The baby was dressed in a simple white button-up and black pants. Similarly, Myungsoo was dressed like that too, wanting to match with his brother.

Everyone congratulated Eunseo, who accepted them all with a smile on her face. Although the family treated her just as well, you could tell that she still wasn’t comfortable with all the attention. She kept to herself most of the time and only spoke when spoken to. In a way, she still seemed to believe that she was an outsider in the family. Woohyun couldn’t blame her. The circumstances surrounding her weren’t exactly ideal. But the existence of Donghyun was still considered a blessing.

Going into the afternoon, Woohyun could tell that Eunseo was getting exhausted. All the more, Donghyun had started getting fussy so Mrs. Kim led her upstairs to a bedroom so she could feed him.

Meanwhile, Wooyun busied himself with making sure everyone had enough to eat. They about being such a mom, but he took them all in stride; he did love feeding people.

Half an hour passed and Eunseo didn’t return. Woohyun started getting a little worried.

“Omo-nim, which room did you take Eunseo to?” he asked his mother-in-law. “She’s been gone for a while.”

“Sunggyu’s room.” Mrs. Kim also looked concerned. “Maybe I should check on her.”

“It’s fine, omo-nim, I’ll do it.”

He went up to the second floor. Finding Sunggyu’s room at the end of the hallway, he knocked.

“Come in.”

Woohyun entered to see Eunseo sitting on Sunggyu’s old desk chair, Donghyun wriggling in her arms as she held a full bottle to his lips.

Why wasn’t she sitting on the bed? Surely, it would be more comfortable than that old wooden chair.

She looked up at him and he finally saw up close the dark circles under her eyes.

“I-I’m sorry, it’s just… he wouldn’t eat and I-I…” Her lips trembled.

Woohyun felt pity for her and stepped closer. “Do you want me to take him for now? You look exhausted.” He peered into her eyes, watching how weak her gaze seemed. “Have you eaten?”

“I had some soup,” she answered.

Woohyun tsk-ed. “Go downstairs and have a proper meal. I can take over.”

Her eyes widened. “I… I couldn’t possibly… A-And what about you, Woohyun-shii?”

“I already ate. And I think you could use a break.”

She hesitated as she continued holding on to a wriggling Donghyun who was now making whining noises that were getting close to sobs.

“There’s no shame in asking for help,” he told her, recalling his own stubbornness when he was a new father. “And there’s no shame in accepting it when it’s offered, either.”

Finally, Eunseo sighed in relief. “Thank you,” she said in a voice full of gratitude.

Gently, Woohyun took the fussy baby from her arms and into his, then positioned the little yellow towel on his shoulder. Donghyun squirmed and whined and then began to cry. Loud.

Eunseo gasped, feeling regretful for letting him go, but Woohyun let his instincts take over.

He placed the baby on his shoulder, patting his back, and humming as he bounced up and down. Donghyun’s cries gradually softened to hiccups and little sobs.

“I got him,” Woohyun whispered to Eunseo. “Go eat.”

She nodded and with one last pat on her baby’s head, she left the room.

Woohyun continued to bounce and hum until Donghyun quieted. He took the bottle of milk Eunseo left on the desk and went to the bed. He made himself comfortable against the headboard before carefully transferring him from his shoulder to the crook of his arm.

The baby sniffled, his little face streaked with tears which Woohyun quickly wiped away with the towel.

“See what happened to your handsome face?” he cooed with a teasing smile. “It’s all red now. Why are you giving your umma such a hard time, hmm, Donghyun-ah?”

All of a sudden, Donghyun smiled, his eyes crinkling.

“Omo, look at that!” Woohyun laughed. “I knew you would have your Appa’s eyes!” He lightly pinched the baby’s nose before taking the bottle and showing it to the baby. “Look, you hungry?”

Donghyun’s little hands reached for the bottle and Woohyun allowed him to lightly hold on to it as he brought the to his lips. And, just like that, Donghyun began to eat. Woohyun lightly rocked him to and fro, calming him.

He couldn’t help but smile as he watched the baby. He hadn’t done this in so long. He kind of missed doing this with Myungsoo, but his own baby was all grown up now.

“You know, your hyung didn’t like being fed formula,” he narrated to the baby. “So he always put up a fuss. But, you know, his umma wasn’t with us so she couldn’t feed him. You are so lucky, you know.”

Donghyun continued to feed from his bottle, uncaring of the world.

“Donghyun-ah, be nice to your umma, okay? She’s doing her best.” He sighed. “Even though I don’t want to be around her, it’s still inevitable. But I’ll do my best for your Appa.” He made eye contact with the baby and felt himself smile at Donghyun’s bright eyes. “And I guess for you. You’re pretty adorable.”

“Papa?”

Woohyun looked up to see Myungsoo peeking in. He waved him over with a tilt of his head and the 7-year-old bounded in, making sure to close the door behind him.

“Is Dongie-ah hungry?” he asked, climbing on to the bed to settle next to Woohyun’s arm.

“Mmhmm. His umma was tired and hungry too so I thought I’d help her out.”

Myungsoo was quiet for a minute, simply watching his brother eat. Woohyun continued to hum a lullaby.

“Papa?”

“Hmm?”

“Why can’t Dongie-ah live with us?”

Woohyun sighed, feeling a stab guilt. “Myungsoo, we talked about this. Donghyun has to live with his umma.”

“Why can’t his umma live with us too?”

Oh, honey, you would not want that as I don’t really like her, was what Woohyun wanted to say.

Instead, he said, “Because they have their own house.”

Myungsoo pouted, displeased. Woohyun pecked his curly head.

“You still get to see him once a week.”

“But I don’t get to play with him much.”

“Well, he’s still a baby. He can’t play any big boy games with you yet. When he’s bigger and older, we’ll make sure you get to see him more.”

The 7-year-old continued to pout. “Still…” He sighed. “Maybe he can sleep over…”

Now, that wasn’t a bad idea. Woohyun would discuss it with Sunggyu.

Finally, Donghyun was finished. Woohyun carefully burped him, making Myungsoo laugh. His hyung’s laughter also made the baby laugh and in no time, all three were laughing for absolutely no reason.

That was when the door opened and Sunggyu walked in. “There are my three favorite men.”

“Appa!” Myungsoo waved from his spot.

“Hey,” Woohyun greeted.

Sunggyu stretched his arms out and took the baby from the younger’s hold, relieving Woohyun of the weight. His arms were starting to get numb.

“Thanks for looking after him.”

“Eunseo looked like she needed a break.”

His husband smiled and pressed a loving kiss to his lips. “Should we head back down? Noona started cutting the cake.”

Woohyun leaned back against the headboard. “You guys go on ahead. I think I’ll take a little rest. I’m exhausted.”

Sunggyu flashed him a look of concern. “You okay?”

“Yeah, just tired.” Woohyun smiled to reassure him. “Go on down. Myungie wants cake, right?”

The little boy nodded.

So, Sunggyu pressed one last kiss to his lips, telling him to come down when he was feeling better, and took the children back downstairs.

Woohyun laid down on Sunggyu’s bed, closing his eyes. The fatigue of the day’s events finally caught up to him and he was feeling every ache. Yet, the smile remained on his face as he felt himself drift off into a comfortable nap.

 


 

Weeks passed.

Woohyun found himself at their apartment door, watching Sunggyu squeezing the life out of Myungsoo, telling him that he would miss him.

“Take care of your Papa and your brother for me, okay, little man?” he said, rubbing his son’s back as the latter clung to him.

Myungsoo sniffled through tears and nodded. Sunggyu pressed a kiss to his head before untangling the little boy’s legs from his waist and gently setting him on the ground. Then, he looked up at his husband smiled, sadly.

He opened his arms and Woohyun felt himself move forward into them. Sunggyu wrapped him in a tight hug.

“I’ll call you every night,” he whispered into his hair. “I’ll be back before you know it.”

Woohyun nodded, his own grip on his husband tightening.

Even after four years of marriage, he still wasn’t used to Sunggyu going out of town for days and weeks for business. This time, he was going to be in Japan for two weeks. Japan was so far away. Woohyun hated it but he knew it was no use crying over it. Sunggyu would return to him; he always did.

Sunggyu gave him one last kiss and “I love you” before picking up his carry-on bag and suitcase.

With Myungsoo planted at his side, they watched as the older walked down the hallway, turning back a few times to wave at him until he fully disappeared at the corner.

Solemnly, they returned to their apartment. Myungsoo headed straight to his room to play and Woohyun headed for the kitchen to get started on lunch.

Their home always felt empty whenever Sunggyu was away. But, Woohyun had no doubt that he would fulfill his promise of calling.

Thus, they continued about their everyday life for the rest of the weekend.

Monday arrived and although the mood was still a little solemn, Myungsoo had returned to his bright self. Woohyun dropped him off at school before heading to work, himself.

It was another ordinary workday. The kitchen was busy with orders. He chopped, stirred, fried, sautéed, and did just about everything in the book for several hours. He was in the zone.

Around his break time, just a little after lunch, one of the hostesses called out to him from the entrance of the kitchen, saying that he had a visitor.

“A visitor?” he asked, wondering who it was.

He rarely had visitors and his family usually called ahead to let him know if they were stopping by. The only one who ever surprised him with visits was Sunggyu, but he was in Japan.

Out of curiosity, he stepped outside to peek.

A young man with stylish blonde hair, cat-like eyes, and a slim body covered in what appeared to be designer Gucci waved at him from the other side of the counter.

“Woohyunnie, hi!”

The chef’s eyes widened in surprise. “Kibum?!”

Kim Kibum, his old friend from culinary school. They were classmates and frequently did projects together. He was bi but seemed to prefer men and it was because of Kibum's then-boyfriend's party that Woohyun met Sangmi. The last time Woohyun had seen him was at his wedding since, after that, Kibum moved back to his hometown of Daegu. It had been four years since then.

Smiling, Woohyun waved back. “Can you give me twenty minutes? Order anything you want, it’s on me!”

He then quickly returned to the kitchen to finish off his orders before announcing that he was taking his lunch break. He received Kibum’s order – steak and veggies – and asked for the same thing. Then, changing out of his chef’s coat, hat, and hairnet in the locker room, he made himself presentable.

Kibum had chosen a corner table, away from prying ears. He beamed and stood up as Woohyun approached and wasted no time enveloping him in a tight hug.

“It’s been so long! How are you?” Kibum asked him.

Woohyun laughed, happily. “I’ve been good. What about you? And blonde hair? Wow, that’s daring.”

“Well, it never hurts to experiment with your looks if it makes you as beautiful as me,” the other replied, releasing him from the hug and taking a seat.

“I see your personality hasn’t changed,” Woohyun commented, sitting down across from him. “You didn’t even tell me you were here, you jerk! I wasn’t prepared!”

“I wanted to surprise you!” Kibum smiled as his eyes ran all over Woohyun’s face. “You look good. Same pretty eyes, same pouty lips, same snaggletooth.”

Woohyun growled and he laughed.

“Don’t be like that, you know I find it cute! Like a little baby wolf cub!”

Woohyun wanted to throw something at him. He forgot how annoyingly infuriating Kibum was at times. But… he was a great friend. And he did miss him.

So, instead, he childishly stuck his tongue out at him before grinning.

“So, what brings you to Seoul?” Woohyun asked. “Vacation?”

Kibum shook his head. “No, something more along the lines of personal business.”

Woohyun raised his brows in curiosity. “What kind of business?”

Kibum smiled and stretched his hand out, urging Woohyun to take it. Confused, Woohyun acquiesced, giving his hand to him.

Kibum took the hand in both of his, holding it tightly.

“Woohyun-ah,” he said in a serious voice. “I’m here to propose to you.”

Woohyun’s eyes widened in shock.

 


A/N: There's my new character! It's Key from SHINee! He's my ultimate Kpop bias and I've always adored his real-life friendship with Woohyun. ToHeart is my absolute favorite collaboration unit and I really hope they make a comeback at some point in the future. And speaking of comebacks... who's excited for Infinite's comeback?!?! Now, I know some of us may have mixed feelings because we did lose a member (but he seems happy and content with his life now, and I only wish him nothing but the best because I do still love and adore him). BUT! Like the title of their upcoming fan meeting, it's time to BEGIN AGAIN! So, let's all anticipate and support our Romeos' return!

Anywho... Back to the story... It's probably been a while but to recap, it was because of Kibum's boyfriend that Woohyun met Myungsoo's mommy and had him. So, he is perfectly aware of Woohyun's past, they're good friends, and they share a love of cooking... which makes him a perfect rival for Sunggyu! 

I don't know why but I guess in the last chapter, no one caught the fact that Woohyun had a soft spot for Donghyun. Either that or you guys didn't think it was going to be relevant... but, it is! So, I thought I'd give them a scene here to showcase exactly how he feels about the baby. I know a couple of you were worried about how the baby's presence would affect him, so here it is! 

For now, though, it's the calm before the storm so hold on to your seats! 

The title of this chapter was inspired by "Tell Me Why" by ToHeart, in honor of my Key's appearance!

'Til the next one, lovelies!