Hear Me Sing

Save Me With Your Voice

Yunho couldn’t sleep, his mind re-played Jaejoong’s face and wondered how he got there, how someone so young and healthy got to be in that condition. He sighed as he thought about it this world is indeed a cruel one… he opened his eyes and noticed it was daylight, he sat up and couldn’t wait to visit Jaejoong at the hospital, then his excited face fell into a frown when he remembered he had a recording session today, sighing he got up and dragged himself to the bathroom to wash up and change, he hurriedly ate something, left some food and water for Taepung, he petted the dog before leaving his apartment.

He soon arrived at the record company and walked to the already set up studio, Yunho closed the door and took off his jacket before looked at a young man sitting in front of him who waved at him happily “Hey cousin” Yunho smiled and gave him a high five “Hey Changmin, How long are we going to take?” he wondered as the younger tilted his head and pouted, he raised his eyebrow and smirked “why? Have somewhere to go?” he crossed his arms and waited for his cousin to respond.

Yunho looked down slightly and embarrassed before giving him a slight nod, Changmin smiled once again seeing how adorable his cousin was “well, if we get started now, we could finish pretty early!” he leaned back into the chair “all we need to do is do one final recording of your new song, so far the album is coming out great!” Yunho smiled before walking up to him and ruffled his hair “it’s all thanks to you Minnie” the younger blushed and nodded happily “well let’s get to it hyung!” he turned around to face the rows upon rows of knobs and buttons, Yunho nodded and walked into the sound room, he stepped behind the microphone and lifted the set of headphones up and put them on, he looked towards Changmin behind the glass and signal him to start the music.

As the song played Yunho closed his eyes and let the music wash over him and let him feel the beat, he began to sing with everything he had. And in his mind he thought of Jaejoong I wonder if he would like the song?

Soon after two recordings, Yunho was done; he smiled towards his cousin as he walked back out to him “how was it?” Changmin nodded in approval “amazing as usual, but this time it song more…meaningful” Yunho tilted his head and Changmin chuckled “in a good way!!, anyways where are you heading off to?” Yunho rubbed the back of his head “uh… I’m going to the hospital” Changmin raised an eyebrow “hospital? Why there? You okay?” Yunho laughed and nodded “yea! It’s just there’s someone there I want to visit! I’ll take you next time!!” Changmin smiled and nodded. Yunho turned and ran towards the door when he ran into his manager “owwww” he rubbed his nose and looked at the man “ah manager! I’m sorry!!” the man laughed and shook his head “why such a hurry? Come on you have dance rehearsals!”

Yunho’s mouth drop slightly as he frowned sadly “huh?! But I thought today was only recording and I… and I…” he pointed towards the street, his manager shook his head and grabbed his arm and dragged him out of the room “no excuses Yunho, your schedule can change instantly… now let’s go!! Changmin you too” Changmin quickly got up and Yunho looked at him, Min shrugged and followed after the two.

Practice lasted longer than thought and not only that but he was dragged to an unexpected photo-shoot, he walked out and noticed the sky was already dark, he pouted and crouched down and placed his hands on his head “stupid manager I hate youuuu!!!!” then he felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up shocked then relaxed in the sight of seeing Changmin laughing “yah! Hyung if you go now you can still make it to the hospital! Go go!” he helped Yunho stand up and pushed his towards the car “I’ll drive!” Yunho tear up “Minnie you’re the best!!!!” Changmin smirked “of course now come on!” Yunho nodded and got in. he barely put on his seat beat when Min floored the accelerator.

During the ride Yunho held onto dear life “Min! You do know its winter and the roads are slippery right?!” Min smirked and kept driving “scared hyung?” Yunho closed his eyes as they barely passed a traffic light “yes!! I’m deathly afraid right now!!” Min laughed as they made it to the hospital in no time, Yunho had to pry his hands from the seat and shaking badly he got out, Min rolled down the window and leaned over to look out the window “Hyung you okay?” Yunho turned and glared “you are not driving me anywhere!” Changmin chuckled “but I’m a safe driver! See you back home” he rolled the window and drove off and Yunho shook his head “safe driver my Changmin!” he sighed as he put his hat and glasses on, completing his disguise.

He walked through the long walkway leading to the hospital the trees lining the sides started to slowly lose their color and leaves due to the cold weather that was quickly approaching. He soon reached the automatic doors that opened and a wall of cold air hit Yunho in the face, he shivered and rubbed his hands against his arm as he walked to the receptionist who looked up at him lazily, she was about in her mid-forties he was sure she wouldn’t recognize him, Yunho tapped the counter and bit his lip nervously before speaking “I’m seeing K-Kim Jaejoong?” the lady behind the desk raised her eyebrow at him when he said the patients name and simply added “are you a family member?” Yunho shook his head slowly as the woman began to decline when a familiar nurse walked up to them “ah! You’re here!” she turned to her co-worker “It’s okay unnie! He’s Mr. Kim’s close friend that he lost contact with for a long time” the woman frowned as she had more work to do and nodded “You’re name then?” Yunho swallowed “J-Jung Yunho…” she looked at him and nodded, Yunho mentally sighed with relief as she let him in. he looked at the nurse and mouthed ‘thank you’, she nodded and smiled before heading the other way.

Yunho quickly walked to Jaejoong’s room and he walked in and closed the door, he walked up to Jaejoong’s bed and his gaze instantly softens as he saw him the way he left him. Smiling he bowed “hey, Jaejoong hyung, I’m sorry to keep you waiting, had to work….” He figured he didn’t know what he did since he entered before he debuted, a year and half ago. He debating with himself if he should say something as he pulled a chair next to him “I hope you’re having sweet dreams” he stared at the breath taking beautiful pale skin man in front of him and unconsciously reached out and softly touched his cheek “but don’t sleep too long okay? It’s not good for you!” he sadly stared at his face as he the latter’s cheek softly with his fingers “I don’t know how you got here but there’s so much to see now!... and it’s almost winter… any day snow may fall, I want to show you it’s beauty” he traced his thumb along the sleeping figures lips before pulling away “I… I’m a singer and I wrote a song… would you like to hear?”

Yunho closed his eyes and began signing a part of his new song (( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7LqzY8i8TY&feature=related)) he opened his eyes and smiled “you’re the first to hear it outside of the studio” he felt his cheeks burn and smiled “that is my dream, to be a singer and I made it. You must have a dream too hyung. Don’t give up ok?” he reached out again and softly held his immobile hand and gasped at the softness again he felt himself blush and shook his head “we’re the same Jaejoong, like you I was alone as well when I first came to Seoul, but I met lots of people and my cousin followed.. You’re like me too! You’re not alone anymore, I’m here with you” he sighed sadly as he the back of his hand, feeling the soft skin “so you must wake up…please…” he felt his voice crack and a tear escaped as he sniffed “please… I will help you”

After a long while he heard the intercom saying visiting hours is over and he placed Jaejoong’s hand back to where it was and stood up “I must go now, but I’ll come back ok? And I’ll see if I can bring my cousin so you can meet him ok?” he smiled and touched his cheek before leaning down and planted a soft kiss on his forehead, he straighten up “I’m sorry, I didn’t know what came over me!” he looked down then softly said “well, bye Jaejoong…” he walked towards the door and walked out. As he headed down the hall he overheard a group of doctors talking about Jaejoong, Yunho hid behind a corner and listened.

“It’s hopeless Dr. Lee he will never wake up! It’s been a year and a half and there’s no progress! Whatever made him fall into a Coma, he’s trap there forever!” another doctor agreed with the first “Dr. Lee he is right, he has no family. No one to help him, we should just shut everything off and let him go…” Yunho gasped as his fist tightened, the third doctor, Dr. Lee frowned “I still have hope for that young man… yesterday there was a change in his heart rate, so there is some hope!” the first doctor scoffed “just once, he is using resources up that another patient may need! But I can’t go against what you saw sir” Dr. Lee sighed “give him until the end of the first month of the new year….” Yunho’s eyes widen and he felt anger inside of him, he clenched his jaw as he head out from the hospital and back to his apartment, he must talk to Changmin and think of something. He was determined to do anything to wake Jaejoong up.

“I will wake you up, Jaejoong… I will!”