First Encounter

Save Me With Your Voice

Seoul, a bustling city, some says it’s the New York of Asia, where the city never sleeps. Here people move around through their busy day, not once stopping to enjoy the views and wonders of what’s around them. Hours, minutes, and seconds pass as people kept moving, not a care in the world, only to concentrate on their own life. But for one time has stop. For this one person his life has become a state of prolongs death. Not able to move, talk or see the world surrounding him a meaningless state of solitude.

This person lay motionless in a hospital room, for normal people, the white walls and atmosphere of despair would suffocate one’s state of mind, hoping to escape the torment they were in. but for this person, he could not express his emotions or torment he just laid there in a deep state of coma. The caregivers around him already beginning to give up on the poor soul, giving up the hope they once had for him. They still gave those meaningless messages and false comfort. The effects of those false encouragements making the young man drift farther away from the light to not give up. No one knows how he ended up the way he was, and no one knew when he will wake up, if he ever did.

The room was quiet like any other day, except for the soft murmurs and beeps of machines that kept the young man alive; the only prove he was still part of this world. If anyone would see him, they would believe he was just sleeping peacefully, an eternal sleep. Other than the occasional nurse that came in to check on him and record his vital signs; or to change out the I.V bag, the room was always empty and dull, there wasn’t any flowers, no “Get Well” balloons, no piece of anything that somebody cares for him, nothing. It showed that he was truly alone.

For Kim Jaejoong, it was a matter of time before he finally let’s go of the hope and gives up, letting the Angel of Death take him away from the torment of the living. But too much of everyone’s surprise he still kept going, fighting an unknown cause. Exactly what was he waiting for if he had no one? Alone in this cruel, heartless world would let anyone just give up the will to live, was he waiting for another chance to live?

What seemed like forever the door opened and a young nurse walked in, she looked like she just came out from medical school, she walked into the room and looked at the sleeping man and gave him a soft sad look, she heard what the others would say about him, outside the room, outside in the world of reality and she couldn’t help but feel sorry, she wanted him to wake up, to live the life he couldn’t before. She sighed and walked up to the machines and checked everything. She turned to him and patted his arm softly, she turned and grabbed his chart off the table and began writing down his vital signs, a normal routine, nothing has changed the numbers all were the same.

Once she was done she put the chart back right when the door to the room opened quickly and a man ran in, he was tall and young looking, he quickly closed the door and leaned against it, panting while trying to catch his breath. The nurse looked at him with a shocked expression before she began to talk “sir? I’m sorry but this….” She was cut off by his hand he raised it, he leaned forward, his hand on his knees as he took a deep breath while he lifted one finger so she would give him a minute before speaking.

 “One moment…please, I can’t go out there right now…” he stiffened as he heard commotions behind the door and the nurse raised an eyebrow “ah, you’re the reason the hospital is in an uproar… never seen it so lively before… hmm alright you can stay…” she looked at the sleeping figure “he needs company, no one has ever visited him since he came here…” the young man nodded and bowed at her while moving out of the way for her to walk out of the room, he then frowned as he realize this wasn’t an empty room, he stepped deeper into the room and saw the person sleeping.

He slowly walked up to the foot of the bed and look at the paper with the summary of the patient “Kim Jaejoong? It says here you’ve er well are in a coma?” he couldn’t believe it, he thought he was just sleeping, his eyes widen as he saw the day he was admitted and looked at the young man’s face “you’ve been here…this long?” he looked around and saw that there was no decorations or nothing showing anyone has been here. He looked back at him and smiled softly knowing he couldn’t see it, or even hear him but he wanted to show him that there was someone there and was willing to give the warm feeling of caring and kindness, any human needed. He felt angry that he was neglected and abandoned by society to live like this, alone in a hospital bed, he walked up next to him and looked down at him with a sad expression “you must be lonely…”

After a few seconds he shifted his weight from side to side as he was at a loss for words, I don’t want him to be lonely anymore…  He then face palmed himself aish I should introduce myself right? He looked at the figure and smiled “well, Jaejoong Hyung is it okay to call you hyung? You are a few weeks older than me… well anyways my name’s Jung Yunho… it’s nice to meet you!” he stared at him who gave him no response and smiled to himself he looks like an angel whose sleeping...

He pulled up a chair and sat next to him, just watching him sleep, he never got bored, by the time he looked away he already memorized Jaejoong’s face into his mind. Remembering every feature of his face from the smooth silky skin to the curve of his slight sharp nose and the how it was connected to his round, full pink lips. Yunho chuckled to himself, he felt silly for feeling such attraction and the sense to protect this stranger and how he was determined to remember his face, he wondered what color was his eyes? What did they look like? Was his voice like an angel too? He suddenly reached out to touch Jaejoong’s motionless hand when the door opened and he broke out of his trance and pulled his hand back. He looked up and saw the same nurse from before walk in. She was surprised he was still there but smiled warmly “did you have a good time?” Yunho slowly nodded before standing up, she nodded and said “it’s quiet out there, it seemed like they calmed down” Yunho sighed with relief and looked back at Jaejoong, smiling slightly “well, I must go now Jaejoong hyung, I’ll come back again ok? Sleep well, bye” he bowed towards both of them and headed towards the before he turned for one last look and left, the room once again empty and quiet, the nurse grinned and stood next to Jaejoong “it seems like you have a new friend, he’s good looking too” she giggled and noticed a slight change to his vital signs, she smiled to herself and whispered “You must get better soon! Fight Jaejoong sshi! So you can meet him!” she looked at him with hopeful eyes I hope he can make him wake up, please it’s not too late…