One Step Closer

Save Me With Your Voice

Months passed and Jaejoong had no trouble speaking, he sat in the studio’s floor and was writing in his note book, Yunho finished practicing his latest dance and he walked over to Jaejoong and sat on the ground panting, sweat rolling down his face “Aish so tired!!” he laid back and covered his face with the towel.

Jaejoong looked up and smiled “Yunnie~ you’ve been working hard!” Yunho peeked from under the towel and smiled “of course! I want to fill everyone with my music to touch everyone’s heart” Jaejoong smiled then pouted “that’s a lot of hearts, many girls would love that” he looked down sadly then Yunho chuckled “I got my eyes on one heart already” Jaejoong gasped and sadly looked away “she must be lucky…” Yunho chuckled and mumbled “it’s you dummy…”

Jaejoong looked at him and tilted his head while pouting “what did you say?” Yunho blushed and covered his face again “nothing!” Jaejoong set his note book down and crawled over to Yunho and softly pushed him “tell me, what did you say!” he whined and Yunho shook his head and rolled over “no~” Jaejoong poked him making him squirmed and he smirked and tickled him “tell me! Or I won’t stop!” Yunho was laughing until he grabbed Jaejoong’s wrist and rolled over making him lean over Jaejoong, he was out of breath from laughing and Jaejoong blushed “Yunnie~”

They both stayed like that and Yunho pulled away blushing and sat across from him “y-yah! Don’t tickle me, or you will pay!” Jaejoong pouted and crossed his arms “but you didn’t tell me” Yunho smiled “I will! In time ok Joongie?” the other male huffed and nodded “fine, but you better!!” Yunho nodded and looked at the notebook and picked it up “writing a new song?” Jaejoong nodded “changing the subject, you’re good, but yes I am. I think I’m ready to audition” Yunho chuckled “I was going to say, have lunch with me as well if that works” Jaejoong smirked “smooth talker, hmm we’ll see”

They laughed and Yunho read the lyrics and looked back at Jaejoong “this sounds great! I can’t wait to hear you sing it” Jaejoong looked down and blush, when Changmin came in and looked at Jaejoong “Hyung, director wants to see you, oh hey Yunho hyung” he waved and Jaejoong got up “me? I wonder what it is” Yunho also stood up and patted Jaejoong’s head softly “I bet it’s something to do with your audition” Jaejoong nodded nervously and headed out towards the door.

Yunho sighed and sat on the ground; Changmin sat down too and looked at him “hyung what’s up? Did I interrupt something…again?” he chuckled and Yunho shook his head “no, Minnie I don’t know what to do! I like him; I mean it’s so much that I can’t hide it anymore!” Changmin raised his eyebrow and shook his head “Hyung! Just tell him! I’m telling you, he likes you too! Just the way he looks at you, it’s just gross. All lovely dovey and googely eyes” he younger male shivered and Yunho pushed him slightly “Minnie you too will find someone to look~ wait he likes me?!” Changmin looked at Yunho with a did-you-not-hear-what-i-said look and Yunho blushed “h-he likes m-me?” Changmin nodded slowly “yes hyung, so you better tell him you do too” he crossed his arms and nodded. Yunho laid back and covered his face once again. Changmin laughed and patted his hyung’s arm and sat there keeping him company.

Jaejoong walked down the hall and saw Kim Hyun Joong walking towards him, he clenched his jaw and kept walking when he stopped and smirked “if it isn’t them mute, I heard you were auditioning? Seriously? You can barely talk. I don’t know what that old man is thinking. You’re not even going to make it. Especially after what you did” Jaejoong glared but stayed quiet, he wasn’t going to give it away that he could talk yet. He smirked and started to walk “I’ll see you at your audition; it’ll be interesting to see”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes and walked towards the director’s office and knocked and slowly walked in, the old man looked at him and smiled “Jaejoong! Ah how are you feeling?” Jaejoong nodded “I’m doing good sir, about my audition?” the man smiled “yes! Is it okay if it’s tomorrow? I’m going to be busy and I’m sure you’ve been waiting a long time hmm?” Jaejoong nodded and bowed “thank you sir! I won’t let you down!” the old man nodded. “good luck tomorrow!”