2. In which Sehun thinks it's unfair

The Immortal Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two

~ In which Sehun thinks it's unfair ~

 

Practice was hell later that day. It wasn't because Baekhyun was still angry - he may be a sulky , but he's not into holding grudges. It was because their coach was drilling them extra hard that day.

"Why is he being like this?" Jongin complained during their one-minute water break.

"He's the same as Baekhyun. He's in denial of what had happened last Saturday. And he's punishing us because if we weren't there, he would have been able to delude himself that it didn't happen. The fact that we asked him about it before practice is also a factor." Wide-eyes answered after drinking a little from his water jug.

"It was a rhetorical question, but wow, hyung. I think you should consider going for a Psych major or whatever."

Before the older could reply to that, their coach blew the whistle. All the players trudged back to the court, some of them whining that it wasn't even a full minute. But the coach ignored them, continuing to bark orders at them.

When their torturous practice was over, they all but lied on the gymnasium floor to catch their breathe. The coach watched them with a satisfied grin, before speaking again.

"About your request on calling the hospital, I don't have to. They called Saturday night." He said. Thus caught the players' attention.

"What did they say?" Sehun probed.

"The girl went missing." The coach answered, confusing them. "They left her unattended in a room and when a nurse came to check in her, she was already gone."

"Gone?" Fat cheeks echoed. "Like 'poof' gone? 'Vanish into thin air' sort of gone?"

"No!" The coach told him. "Are you sure you're the eldest here, Xiumin? By gone, I mean she walked out of the hospital. They saw it on the cameras after. Nobody noticed her until it was too late."

"Okay, " the tallest player spoke. "We should stop worrying about her now that we know she's not getting cut up like a lab rat. Starting from tomorrow, we should start focusing on our next game. It's two weeks from now, in case you've forgotten."

The others mumbled and groaned at his reminder. They really should put their head on the game.

~~~

Rumors started circulating after Monday. And they worsened as the week passed. Although Baekhyun and Chanyeol are obviously back to normal, it didn't deter the gossips in SIgh. Baekhyun's outburst have been interpreted in numerous ways by the female students. The team's favorite was about Chanyeol being called an abnormal by Baekhyun, and the former's abnormalcy makes the latter not want to deal wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter