5. In which Chanyeol can't recall

The Immortal Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Five
~ In which Chanyeol can’t recall ~

The tension was palpable in Miss Song’s Calculus class. And it was not because of the test the students are currently answering. The new student was nonchalant, even though she seemed to be the target of glares, side looks, and owl-eyed stares. Chanyeol had a hard time focusing on his exam, which he really needed to ace or else the coach will chew his out, as he kept on glancing towards the girl who came in with Jongin. She was sitting right in front of him!

He might be wrong, but he thinks he’d seen her before. Was she Jongin’s girlfriend? Had she already been introduced to them before and he just forgot? Or was she someone famous? Maybe that’s why other students keep on looking at her also? Well, she’s pretty, that’s for sure, but does that make her an idol? Perhaps she’s an ulzzang? Gosh, the possibilities are endless and way more interesting than the equations he had to derive.

The new girl raised her head and turned to look at him so suddenly that he gasped. Kyungsoo, who was also looking at her with eyes narrowed in suspicion, let out a surprised yelp that he turned into a cough. Jongin just tried to bury his head more into his exam paper, not doing anything to attract her attention.

With one brow raised, the girl looked at Chanyeol then slowly turned to Kyungsoo. She thoroughly examined the two of them and seemed satisfied to see them so petrified that she put her attention back to her exam. Chanyeol gulped, not understanding why he was scared. She’s just a girl! A familiar one, but still just a girl. Angry at himself, he continued to answer his calculus exam.

Miss Song decided to approach the new student. Chanyeol didn’t raise his head but listened to her ask, “Do you have any questions regarding the test, Ruka?”

The name was not familiar at all to Chanyeol, so she must not be someone who had already been introduced to him. But he’s really bad at remembering names, so he’s not completely sure about that. He leaned forward a bit more to hear her answer.

“None,” the girl, who is apparently named Ruka, said. “I’m actually finished. Am I free to leave or do I wait for the other students to finish answering?”

All students looked at her because of that. Who the hell finishes a calculus exam under half an hour? Even Miss Song looked shocked.

“Ah, well, I could check your paper before you leave so you could know your score right away.” The flustered teacher offered.

“Thank you,” Ruka handed her papers to the teacher and waited for her results.

~~~

“That was daebak! Have you ever seen Miss Song look so confused?”

“I think she set a record

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter