move on.

a book of sadness

i sat in the corner of the cafe. your favorite cafe. i remembered how we first met. typical, you running on me and spilling the coffee on my shirt and one thing lead to another, we hit it off pretty great.

seeing you here with another person, smiling so wide. happiness pouring out of you. they kept on whispering something to you which never fails to make you smile.

it hurts that i'm not the reason behind your smiles.

it hurts that you're with another boy, in our favorite place.

it hurts that you moved on while i'm still stuck. only one month has passed but to see you smiling so bright is like slapping me in the face. you look happier with them.

but what can i do? i can only smile and pretend that i'm okay. my friends told me i'll find someone better but they don't know that you're the best thing and no one can ever beat that. i will just watch you in the shadows, in hopes that he will love you twice as much as i did. in hopes that they will treasure your smile. in hopes that they will not break your heart.

but i hope you know that, i'll always be here if they hurt you. i'm not against you moving on that fast as long as you find your smile when you're with them. who am i to stop your happiness? i knew that this will happen anyway but i'm not too sure if it's the same with me. if i'll be able to move on.