insignificant

a book of sadness

She had been feeling like this, feeling so small. Ever since she saw her walked through that crowd elegantly and the way the people looked at her in so much awe. When she approached her lover. Her lover whom she thought she doesn't deserve.

Who is she? Just a normal girl, you can't even compare her to the girl standing next to him. They look so perfect together, like a match made in heaven.

She thought to her self, "Why me? He doesn't deserve someone plain like me. He deserves someone much better, someone like her. Someone so confident, smart and up to his status."  And what made it worse is that she was his ex-lover. They didn't officially broke up they just drifted apart without talking to each other.

She decided to excuse herself from the party, feeling like she's a third wheel. She went to the rooftop and stared at the stars. She sighed. She wished she's as bright at the stars. She started to reminisce their memories. How much he has done for her and how much she had done for him. What she did can't even compare for what he did for her, she thought.

She didn't know the tears were falling, the pain she was feeling is just so strong. She doesn't want to feel this way. He didn't do anything to make her feel like this, he always makes sure to express his love for her every single day but why is she feeling like this? She sighed again for who-knows-how-many times. After calming herself down she went back to the party.

She bumped onto someone and she apologize quickly not wanting to make a bad impression. "Look where you're going! So clumsy. Why are you even here? I'm sure you're with him just for his money!" The stranger spat. It hit her right in the heart. She was always called a gold digger. Is that what they really think she is? Just because she's not rich doesn't mean she will go and cling to him. But, she was so used to this already so she decided to just ignore it and apologized again.

She went to their table but stopped in  her tracks as soon as she saw them still talking and looking so happy. She didn't want to disturb their reunion. So, she just decided to send him a text message saying that she felt so worn out talking and meeting new people and that she can't find him from the crowd.

His driver saw her walk out the venue and asked her why is she alone and so she told him that she will go home first, the kind driver offered her a ride and he's sure that that's what his master would say too but she kindly refused saying that she can go on her  own and she have other matters to attend to and bid him goodbye.

She rode the bus and went to the park instead of heading straight home. She wanted to take a breath of fresh air. She doesn't care how people looks at her as she's still wearing a gown.

She thought that she will just be a hindrance to the two, so she decided that she will distance herself. She met him when he was so inlove to the girl and devastated when she left him  and after that she offered her shoulder though it was hard to make him open up as he is a cold man, he doesn't trust people easily after having them break their promises just like how his ex-lover broke their promise of "marrying each other and being together forever". She was the first one to fall, she started to fall for him when she heard him talk about her, how much he talks about her with so muh passion. It made her see how sincere and how passionate this man is about his lover.

She was getting in their way! In the first place, they were the one who were supposed to get married, they swore eternity to each other and she was just some meddlesome girl who likes to dwelve onto other people's problem. It's their time, she had been selfish enough, basking in his love everyday she couldn't ask for more. She'd be more than willing to let him go if he told her so. What she wants is for him to be happy, more happier than he will ever be with her even if it means her despair. She thought what she experienced is already enough. But a part of her doesn't agree, a part of her still wants to be selfish and keep him forever.