breakeven.

a book of sadness

"What would I do without you?" your words rang inside my head. You were scared, scared of what would happen when we part but it seems like you already found your answer. Move on and forget everything. How funny, you said that you don't know what will happen to you. But it seems like I was the only who doesn't really know what will happen to me. It is indeed true that when a heart breaks, it don't breakeven. You proved it.

How can I move on? How can I forget everything about us? How can I just walk away and leave our memories together like that? How am I suppose to live when all this time my world revolved  around you?

What am I supposed to do when all the good things that happened to me, all of it, you were there. You, you were my pillar. You supported me through my ups and down.

You're waiting, waiting for me to stop you from leaving but what am i supposed to do when i'm choking up on my tears. It hurts, it hurts to watch you leave. To watch you walk away. To watch your back slowly disappear.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am sure. I'm sorry."

I sighed,  "It's alright. I'm not hard to talk to. I guess, i'm the type that if you want to leave then i'd let you leave instead of stopping you from finding what you really want and where your happiness lies. If you're happy with your decision then I guess, it'd be bad of me to stop you. As much as I want to be selfish,  and keep you to myself. I can't. Because I can't watch you force your smile."

"I'm sorry, I guess we just fell apart. You were gone and they came. It just happened. I hope you'd be able to find someone too. Someone that'll make you happy more than I did."

"Thanks." I managed to whisper my thanks and form a smile. Deep inside, I was breaking. Hah. Easy for you to say. It hurts, it hurts that someone made you happy, someone made you smile and that's not me.
 
You stood up and put down the ring. The promise ring. The promise that we'd be together until our hair turns gray but promises are meant to broken after all.

I watched you leave, leave with them.
That's when I realized, it's done.