i'm not sorry.

a book of sadness

We stared at each other, awkwardly. Not knowing what to say and how to start this. But, i'm sure deep inside your heart, you already know where this is going.

I saw your hands shaking. You covered your mouth and stopped the sobs from coming out. You're crying, yet why? Why don't I feel hurt? I used to feel so broken when I see you cry but why can't I feel anything right now?

All that I can offer to you is my presence. I can't say the words, "I'm sorry" or "Please understand me". Because, I know that it will be hard in your part. I know you're hurting but what am I supposed to do? This is how I feel. I just don't love you anymore. You're still the same person who I fell inlove with. The same thoughtful, loving and kind person I know.  The person that always brings me up when I feel down. The person that I can always lean on. The person that I don't mind giving all my love to even if I don't have anything left in me. It's not because I fell for someone but I just don't feel the same anymore.

I can't feel sorry because I think that this is better. I don't want to force myself to love you because that will hurt you more. It will make the pain greater. It will only make this play pretend longer.

So that's why i'm letting you go before I cause you more pain. But I want you to know that i'm thankful because you taught me how to love and how it feels to be loved.